1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disgusting ANTIFA: Pure Terrorist Group

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by crash5179, Nov 7, 2018.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The truth is starting to catch up with fake "journalist" Andy Ngo.

Andy Ngo Is Journalism’s Problem
    https://abovethelaw.com/2019/09/andy-ngo-is-journalisms-problem/

The former Quillette writer represents a new kind of perfidious pseudo-journalist born of the social media age who was granted a professional respectability he didn’t deserve. But there will be others like him, and journalists need to be more vigilant.

One of the most surprising bits of news from a lawsuit that the owner of Portland, Oregon, bar Cider Riot filed in May against the far-right organization Patriot Prayer is that video footage submitted as evidence seems to have led to a fall from grace for Andy Ngo, a writer who had been a rising star in conservative media.

However, a bigger question than why Ngo left his editorial position at online right-wing magazine Quillette is how he managed to rise to the heights he did in the first place. It’s an uncomfortable question for journalism, but still necessary to ask because the truth is, Andy Ngo is journalism’s problem.

How a Right-Wing Troll Managed to Manipulate the Mainstream Media

There’s a folksy saying that grandparents of all stripes like to dispense: If it looks like a duck and acts like a duck, then you shouldn’t be surprised when it starts quacking. Another, perhaps less folksy version of this idiom is Occam’s Razor, the theory that the simplest explanation for an event or phenomenon is usually the most likely.

Nowhere was this demonstrated more quickly than in the case of the meteoric rise and equally rapid fall of Andy Ngo, the provocateur and social media personality who garnered nationwide sympathy last June, when he tweeted that he was attacked by antifascist protesters at a Proud Boys rally. Last week, the local newspaper the Portland Mercury reported that a left-wing activist going undercover as a member of Patriot Prayer, a far-right group known for promoting and engaging in violent clashes with leftist activists, had given the publication an 18-minute video that included footage of Ngo with a group of Patriot Prayer members as the members discuss an upcoming brawl, including weaponry to be used in altercations with antifa. Ngo, who describes himself as a journalist, did not record the conversation, and does not appear to have his camera or notebook out. For part of the footage, he is seen on his phone.

The source told the Mercury that Ngo and Patriot Prayer have an “understanding” that the group offers him protection when he covers rallies in exchange for favorable coverage. While this has not been confirmed, and Ngo strongly denies these allegations, an audio conversation between members of the Proud Boys, released by Willamette Week seemed to confirm that such discussions between Ngo and the Proud Boys had occurred, as one man is recorded saying that Ngo was attacked on June 29th because he refused an offer of protection. “Andy Ngo was ****ing told that if he wanted protection from the PBs [Proud Boys], he went in with us and he went out with us,” the man says.

#841 CometsWin, Sep 4, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

This news story lacks a proper source on record and it's complaining? It poisons the well too. It's not a real news article. Just a hit piece. I would say that this looks pretty fake to me. This is why you are disconnected from reality... you fall for this stuff. lol. And you're such an easy mark. And you still think you're liberal for supporting thugs like this. I bet you think that free speech is problematic and these people engaged in free press deserve to be hit. And you still... call yourself a liberal... lol

[​IMG]

3. CometsWin

Such a dopey response. Attack the source, fake news, hit piece. "Engaged in free press" err... hanging out with armed white supremacists and fascists as they plan an attack on a bar full of innocent people. Derp.

Though I recognize you're a drive by troll and a bullshitter, I expected something more. You support actual terrorists and killers in the Nazis and the Klan or as you Trumpanzees call it, 1st amendment rights. Good for you buddy! Quite the American!

I can probably spend my time on more interesting things than responding to your youtube videos, memes, gifs, and dopey takes. Good luck with the sophomoric posts.

#843 CometsWin, Sep 4, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The source’s identity will be public soon.

“However, in a matter of weeks, Ben’s long-hidden identity will be made public, meaning his days of being undercover with the group have come to an end. Video footage shot by this left-of-center Democrat will soon be used in court against longtime members of Patriot Prayer—including its leader, Joey Gibson.

Ben—not his real name, as he wishes to keep his name private a little longer—is a tall, 30-something man with a reddish-blonde beard and pale skin. He’s easy to spot in a crowd. It doesn’t hurt that he always wears the same shirt to rallies: a red tee emblazoned with the Marvel Comics antihero Deadpool.”

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Wha?? I don't really want to embroil myself in this argument, but you're not making any sense. Beating up anybody is violence. Even when the victim is personally responsible for deaths, beating him up is violence. Even if you're defending yourself, it's violence. If you're beating up that person because of his political affiliation or speech, it's political violence. I don't see how you can say otherwise. Also, Nazis in this country, and the Klan, have 1st amendment rights like everybody else. We don't assign free speech rights to foreign terrorist organizations because they are foreign -- but on US soil everybody, including terrorists, have free speech rights. I don't want to defend some false equivalence between extremists on the left and right. But, I can't let pass an argument that its okay to abrogate the free speech rights of neo-Nazis with violence because we've labeled them terrorists. That's not right.

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Andy Ngo did nothing wrong. You are posting propaganda about that to justify violence. You defend political violence and apologize for it. Pathetic. You are no true liberal. It is clear you are just another brand of fascist. It must be a hard concept to understand but liberty means having a free press and free speech. Political violence and censorship cannot exist in any great way if we are to have a civil society. That includes people whom you may find reprehensible.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Either did Hitler.

∆∆∆

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. CometsWin

Yeah, I'll disagree. The only terrorists that are given permits to gather for hate marches in this country are white supremacists, Nazis, and the Klan. The real issue here isn't some bogus 1st amendment argument, it's the question of why America has continued to ignore home grown terrorism for a hundred years and treated it as something different from what it is.

9. CometsWin

Oh right, the anti-fascists are the fascists and the anti-racists are the racists and the white supremacists are the great defenders of free speech so they can descend on towns to intimidate, threaten, and scare the hell out of everyone that lives there. Great stuff.

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yeah you're exaggerating... it seems more likely that the proud boys are assholes who are baiting antifa to come out and embarrass themselves. They know what the optics look like. They don't have to do anything but show up and go to a pub and antifa will come out to turn the heat up. And they are no angels by any means, but supporting antifa isn't the solution. Honestly I don't know what the solution is to this other than to wait until Trump is out of the white house and the left stops going mental. Until then these losers will be out thinking they are making a difference.

Silent_Bob likes this.
  11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Not sure how you can say that. Hitler did tons of stuff wrong.

12. CometsWin

This is category 5 ignorant. I'm just not bothering with it any more. There's all kinds of information about what happened at Cider Riot and who's been indicted. Instead of giving me your weak ass "common sense" take, go educate yourself.

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Wo, “cat 5 ignorance”. That might stick around.

14. CometsWin

Those nasty evil terrorists at Antifa are at it again. Psyche... it's Andy Ngo getting his deserved 15 minutes of infamy.

@crash5179 and @dachuda86 run for the proverbial hills.

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/...rror-cell-atomwaffen?utm_campaign=sharebutton

Atomwaffen came to be in 2015 on the now-defunct far-right forum Iron March. They quickly gained infamy and currently have five deaths, which took place within eight months of each other, tied to their members. These include the murder of fellow members; the stabbing death of a gay, Jewish teen; and the murder of the parents of one member’s girlfriend. Other members, or associated people, have faced charges in connection with foiled mass killings. The group was influential in its sphere inspiring several splinter groups.

However, in mid-2018, the group more or less went silent and were thought to be waning. That changed on May 9, 2019, when after almost a year of being mute, the group uploaded a video which shows them conducting training with various firearms and burning several flags.

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

lol your undying support of a known terror group is astounding.

I will hold consistent that anyone right or left breaking the law should be held accountable. Inluding Andy.

16. CometsWin

I know! Antifa's reign of murder and mayhem is unprecedented! They must be stopped! Astounding!

What's actually astounding is how much you and your dopey brethren talk up the hooligans and vandals in Antifa while having amnesia about actual right wing hate groups that have murdered people. It's literally one of the stupidest things ever.

Da quid pro quo, da quid pro impeach. Consistency, that's definitely you.

#856 CometsWin, Nov 6, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Whatabout changing the name of this thread to "antifa: defenders of all things bad"

18. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

19. Nook

Nook Member

This gets so tiring.

Every 20 years we need to round up all the fascists (extreme conservatives) and the communists (extreme liberals) and let them fight for an entire week until they kill each other off.

King1 likes this.
  20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]