1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disgusting ANTIFA: Pure Terrorist Group

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by crash5179, Nov 7, 2018.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You're the one pushing rhetoric from white nationalist hate groups. You've created that dynamic.

I choose to listen to and read what he says and I don't twist myself into knots trying to explain what is not clearly stated, that's your job.

He clearly said Mexicans in his statement. He clearly did not say MS13. MS13 is NOT Mexican, both you and the President conflate the two because you're ignorant fools.

I've stated time and again that I want illegals deported, period. Your attempt to claim I'm defending criminals is false and stupid. Basically, you once again have no idea what you're talking about and continue to parrot Trump's racist and bigoted rhetoric. The standard, if you disagree with and call out Trump you're going to get him re-elected is just the same horseshit Republican rhetoric that distracts from your support of an ignorant, lying, racist fool. YOU are the one who is trying to get Trump re-elected. YOU own that.

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Smashing their bus windows isn't going to make them less likely to shoot up a Walmart. Antifa is not a terrorist group, but I don't think this confrontational style is helping anybody.

When a Muslim terrorist shot up some place, I heard a whole chorus of condemnation of Islam generally, about how Islam is an intolerant religion that tells people to commit violence. I heard about these extremist imams, like Suleiman Anwar Bengharsa, who inspire jihadis to do violence though they do none themselves. Now it's the white nationalists committing violence and I'm supposed to believe they're each personally responsible for their own actions and no one else shares the blame? White nationalism has its own imams who don't get their hands dirty but provide the philosophical underpinning for violence. Trump isn't the worst of them, but he's the biggest.

It's funny, humanity is so shitty in general that if you put a population of women (or children or even men) in a vulnerable position like this, you can pretty much guarantee 60% of them will be raped anywhere in the world. It's why we've had rape scandals in the church, in Boy Scouts, in prisons, in immigration camps, in war zones, in summer camps, at casting calls, at prom, and in every other place where oversight by family is abrogated. We are a shitty, rapey species. So of course migrant women are going to get raped, regrettably. That doesn't say anything about Mexicans except that they are like us.

We created MS-13 with our dysfunctional immigration and justice systems. Instead of fixing those systems, Trump wants to double-down which will only make the problem of MS-13 worse. I don't expect we just welcome hardened criminals in, but I do expect we play things smart and try to make our problems better instead of worse.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't think smashing bus windows helps either, but Tim Pool said that hate groups shouldn't even be counter protested. I disagree here and the reason I disagree is because if you listen to the leaders of these hate groups, they even say that counter protesting hurts their cause. What they want is a soapbox to perform on and counter protest denies them this.

This is and always has been a battle for optics, and if you let a group show up in numbers you are showing to others that this group has some power, if even a little. Counter-protest therefore can show that the group doesn't really have any power and isn't welcomed in that area.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

This isn't that hard.

Trump is a racist that would prefer to have white people immigrate to the USA. He has a history of racism against black people, religious minorities and certainly women.

There are drug dealers/cartel problems in the Mexican community in the USA.

However almost all of the research shows that Mexican American immigrants (both legal and illegal) commit less crime.

Democrats spend too much time labeling a known racist as a racist. Everyone already has an opinion on Trump's moral sufficiency, the emphasis should be on his policies and the economy and how that effects people that are eligible to vote in the USA.

Islam is the least impressive major religion when it comes to the quality of texts.. I have studied in extensively in college and it really does not lend well to an open and free society. The proper way to handle it is not to discriminate against Muslims or set limitations on the faith. The best way to handle it is to embrace people. Ultimately people that immigrate to the USA assimilate and marry and produce children that just blend into society. I already know a number of people that were born Muslim and are extremely secular and in many cases are agnostic or atheist. At the end of the day religion really does not work well in the West.... and that goes for any of the major faiths.... long term it will damage Islam the most, because in order for it to survive, it requires strict compliance and that isn't going to happen.

At the end of the day, comfort and money is king in the USA (and W.E as well). Donald Trump and his platform will win or lose depending on the economy and the confidence of American voters. If the economy is good, he potentially could be an Andrew Jackson type figure that steers the platform of the party for decades.... if he loses, then he likely will be remembered as the worst President since Andrew Johnson.

A trade war will hurt everyone...... Europe can b**** about the USA, but the reality is the USA has the profound power to severely disrupt their economy. China does not want a trade war, they are not in a position to suck it up, even with a dictator. The USA is not in a position for a trade war because the American people would vote in reform in 4 years.

90% of those running for President on the left are pandering........ and Trump is the ultimate panderer.

5. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

FTFY

6. JuanValdez

Well, I didn't watch his video (I can read much faster than people can talk on video, so I hate it when people post videos instead of just writing their point), but I agree with you there is a point in counter-protesting. I just don't like how antifa manages to get into these scuffles. If it's a battle for optics, don't wear ski masks, burn recycling bins, and get into slap fights with Klanners.

7. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I'm against fascism, how do I join?

I was anti-war in 1970 but never figured out how to join the SDS either. I don't think we had a strong chapter in Ft. Worth.

CometsWin likes this.
  8. biff17

biff17 Member

I'm sure most antifa members are the guys who were picked on in school and have found there strength in numbers.

And they realize they don't want to suffer the stigma.

Silent_Bob likes this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's a borderline racist comment. The idea of a "lazy Mexicans" is such a bs trope - reality is they probably work twice as hard as you. Maybe three times.

DaDakota likes this.
  10. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Well, everything is "racist" in your world view.

Have you been in an emergency room lately? Go to the waiting area, and see what's happening there, and then get back to me.

I don't deny that a lot of immigrants (illegal or otherwise) work very hard; and that we frankly need the labor.

But we don't need them straining the social services or other infrastructure.

Astrodome, dachuda86 and Silent_Bob like this.
  11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

The facts certainly do not line up with your narrative. With social services programs like food stamps, the majority of recipients are actually white (I guess could be Norwegian illegal immigrants of course).

The ER waiting room being filled with brown people as you seem to allude just means that many people of color are put in a disadvantaged position as it relates to preventative care with a reasonable health insurance plans, and it benefits everyone if southern states with a good deal of minorities were given access to Medicaid, but out of nothing more than spite, states like Texas refused to take the ACA expansion of Medicaid because of pure politics. So blame Gregg Abbott more than anyone for what you think you see in the emergency room.

It also says a lot about your thinking to see a bunch of brown people and automatically just assume they are illegal. Did you go around the room and check their green cards? If you live in a city like Houston there are simply just brown people around when you step outside your bubbles like Friendswood or the Woodlands.

JayGoogle likes this.
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They pay for those social services as they pay taxes. In fact they are a net plus revenue generator. They don't strain our infrastructure, we are exploiting them. You need to get your facts straight and stop believing the propaganda you are being fed.

DaDakota likes this.
  13. mick fry

mick fry Member

Omg get on your hip waders cuz this **** is deep!

Silent_Bob likes this.
  14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

we don't need it... we need worker scarcity to raisr wages.

15. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

How much per hour would it take to get you to lay asphalt roofing in Houston?

16. JuanValdez

The stock market is taking the lion's share of our wealth creation. We do need to increase the negotiating strength of workers vis-a-vis investors to improve wages, but worker scarcity isn't the only lever to pull to strengthen bargaining. There's legislation like minimum wage, tax policy, tariffs (!), collective bargaining, even things like UBI and healthcare reform.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Anti facism is not terrorist - everyone should be anti facism.
    DD

18. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Why should they need, or be able to access, subsidized government health care at all? That's the relevant (and to my mind only) relevant question here.

And of btw Medicare/Medicaid are killing California, probably other states as well.

19. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

No lo creo

20. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

There's an interesting debate to be had here.

Most Western countries have a falling birthrate; and it is only buoyed up somewhat by immigration, legal and illegal.

That is to say, the native populations of such countries are "voting" (in a sense) for a declining population. If the population were allowed to decline, that would, theoretically, enhance and raise wages; and alleviate sprawl, traffic congestion, and environmental issues.

But -- the powers that be, both on the left and the right, won't allow the population to decline.

And before anyone thinks this is a conspiracy theory, I recall not too long ago a Chronicle article saying that the Port of Houston wanted the govt to ease up on immigration restrictions, so they could have more workers there.