1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Discord in the big Apple: Carmelo Anthony and the knicks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by bilaal14, Jan 16, 2017.

1. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...nthony-knicks-don-time-talk-article-1.2947126

Big discord in NYC with the knicks and melo....

How nice would it be to have him out there instead of Anderson... contract not that bad... 2nd star.... another play maker... can rebound.... play somewhat D... man it would do wonder.

Anderson, McDaniels, ennis and 2 1st???

Then brewer, Nene, and 2nd for Gay.

Bev/Gordon
    Harden/gay
    Ariza/Dekker
    Melo/Dekker
    Capella/Harrell

Not 1, not 2, not 3.....

Who says no?

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

say no to iso ball

Though, I'd like to see what he'd do next to boogie

Pen15clubber likes this.
  4. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

5. DMO (DJ remix)

1st, his not a star. Second of all, if he was, New York wasn't in such a shitty place and he'd help them to at least get to 1st/second round every year.
    Everyone thought Dwight will do wonders with Harden, look how that turned out to be. Melo would kill team chemistry, he loves to hog the ball and iso all the time and our game ain't about that bruh.

6. Rocketeer4Life

No to cancer!!

Mazulis and Torn n Frayed like this.
  7. MistaK

MistaK Member

Cleverly disguised, FIRE M. D'ANTONI thread?

butterball, macho GRANDE and awc713 like this.
  8. Merla08

Merla08 Member

If we can get him for a small trade package, sure why not. Harden will not defer him. He'll be like another Eric Gordon launching spot up 3s all day. It would be nice to have another play maker on the team that can create his own shot as well.

9. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

I say NO. Quickly and EFFUSIVELY. When have you seen Melo play D? He is overweight and slow... and didn't you read George Karl's book?

And to add on to the PILE you wanna trade for Gay too?

No. Just PLAIN NO!!!!

10. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

I think he needs exactly what we have. Back seat to a better player... and flourish in his ability to score and shoot open shots that Anderson is getting. We is tired is smart enough to know what situation he will be coming into, and the sacrifices he will have to make to take a back seat for Harden. Heaven for him.

Contract ends sooner as well.

Anderson... when his shot isn't falling... he is a negative most of the nights on the other end.

11. Merla08

Merla08 Member

Guys, we have a good team. Let's face it though, this team isn't winning any championships as is. We need another Super star to win and to challenge the Warriors, Spurs and Cavs. If we can get Melo, you do it. if he doesn't fit in, we trade him for another big piece next season. We need to make some moves if we want to make some noise.

mario_v, ramotadab and bilaal14 like this.
  12. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

This is exactly my stance... with this squad we get bounced in the 2nd round regardless of how much hope one has. Spurs or GS in the second round means a very high possibility of losing as currently constructed.

Do you waste an MVP year from Harden? Or do you push your chips all in and actually make a big push with the right pieces to go and get the ring?

Scared money don't make money.... you get the drift.

mario_v likes this.
  13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The man's a cancer that is all...

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The whole thing about "discussion" is irrelevant because PJ is definitely on his way out. Even James Dolan can't be stupid enough to keep the guy around. It's just like PJ to poke Melo publicly using a writer.

I've been on record the Knicks should dump both Melo and Rose for whatever they can get and look to a future with Porzingis as the centerpiece. They need to find a great perimeter player in the draft and go from there. That all said, PJ created this toxic team and is part of the problem himself.

The last thing the Rockets need to add is a selfish ego the size Mars.

da_juice and roslolian like this.
  15. malakas

malakas Member

this thread is crazy and disgusting. Go watch some Knicks game and then come back again. Melo defering to Harden? Melo standing in the corner shooting 3s? Melo playing D? Melo playmaking for others? LOOOOOLL

16. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Pretty much. Lel

17. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

I've heard that when playing on team USA, Melo was a completely different player. Unselfish and able to play within the system (when he actually had a system).

I would do this trade ONLY if it were something Harden would greenlight. Hard to attract big free agents if you trade your "big acquisition" right after signing him. Plus I think Ryno may be more untouchable than we think. A recent quote by him:

“James and I have been talking for years about how dangerous of a dynamic that would be for us, going into pick and rolls,”Anderson said. “Just me being able to spread the court. Some teams hug up on me. Sometimes I’m standing five feet off the 3-point line, and they’re hugging up on me. But that gives James so much more space to work. And that itself is a dynamic I know I can bring. There may a night where I get eight shots or something. But I’m enjoying that game, because I know that I’m doing something that really helps this team.”

This quote about how they've been talking for YEARS about playing together may explain why he's been Morey's white whale for so long and may mean James and Ryan are closer than we realize. I don't know how close Harden and Melo are but again, he has to be okay with it. Melo is an upgrade in talent though.

Second thing is no way the Knicks take on an aging Ryno's albatross contract if they blow it up. They'd want young players with upside, picks, expirings, etc. Ryno is none of those things and they will get better offers elsewhere. They'd be wanting Capela/Harrell/Dekker types. People forget that TWO teams are involved when making these crazy trade proposals only think about what's good for their team.

mario_v and HTX Ninja like this.
  18. Fantasma Negro

[​IMG]

19. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

how about **** no

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

i will always cherish my greatest memory of melo:

slap slap, step back step back step back step back step back step back...

CDrex and fba34 like this.