1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did the clock start late on Lillards shot?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by waytookrzy079, May 3, 2014.

1. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Hey guys,

I typically dont start threads, but this one has been bugging me since the game ended and didnt see this mentioned anywhere, but it seemed to me like the clock started WAY AFTER Lillard gained possession of the ball... is he really so quick that he had enough time to take 2.5 steps and raise up for a jumper in 0.9 seconds?

If you watch the slow mo of the play with the camera angle showing the clock, it really looks like that clock started while Lillard is about to start his jumpshot rather than when he caught the ball.. am i reaching for nothing here? Can this be reviewed by the NBA or is too late?

http://youtu.be/OuhXX-rtQTI?t=1m14s

1 person likes this.
  2. MarioElie17

MarioElie17 Member

Yes. But it probably would have still counted.

3. Karolik

Karolik Member

.9 is plenty of time for a catch, turn around and shoot. His release was fast too, he definitely got it off in time. Consider that you can get a catch and shoot off in .4.

4. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

The clock started about .3 seconds late but he got the shot off with .5 left so I guess it doesn't matter

5. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

dont be that guy bruh.

he got it off in time regardless of whether the clock started late. we lost because our wings cannot make a defensive stop this whole series.

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It doesn't matter. He got it off in plenty of time.

7. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Hahah.. i hear ya and agree.. there's no reason Parsons and Bev should have switched in the first place.

Maybe its just the diehard rockets fandom in me... Definitely not taking away credit from Lillard tho... it was a great shot

8. Franchize

Franchize Member

Who cares? Game over

9. MarioElie17

MarioElie17 Member

Grasping at straws is all we have sir.

10. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Fair enough...

/thread

11. cardpire

cardpire Member

says you.

i say that was longer than .3 seconds late, and he got it off with .4.

12. Penetrate&Creat

Game is over. I am fuking pissed and sad.

Next year... will be redemption

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

BREAKING: The NBA has rescinded Lillard's 3-point winner.

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The clock definitely started late, though. It's a good observation.

15. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

I watched the replay.... The clock ran fine. The play was clean as a whistle.

16. cardpire

cardpire Member

watch it again. he even linked it for you.

17. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

definitely started late, but he still got it off in enough time. pretty easy to do when you're wide open...sigh.

18. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

it definitely started late - i guess there is no way to tell if it would have counted or not -- surprised the officials didnt try to check this out because I know they've done this before when a clock didn't start right or on time add/remove appropriate amount of time. The Rockets should pursue to the league to make sure because i would say in real time (the video is slowed down in the youtube link) there was about .3 - .4 gained from that --

if anything the official should have been more on top of it after what happened at the end of the third

19. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

final rescind to force a game 7?

Clock didn't start right away and replay shows that. It left his hands with .3 ... How long did it he have it while clock was not starting? .3? who knows?We will never know.

When we wake up tomorrow the box score will still show the rockets lost the series and the same for game 1 and game 4 that were rescinded, league admitted error. good job nba you got the result you wanted. nice series nba.

We were already up 4-1 in this series and the nba needed their 100 million dollar man playing next round. good for blazers. I dont see them beating spurs or mavericks but then again its up to some lawyers in NYC not the actual games.

Glad for nba and refs.. played another great game against rockets.

Unless morey makes fun splash I am done until at least 2015 and even then I am not sure. Whats the point when it is fake? I wanted to believe wrestling, the tooth fairy, and santa claus were all real and I am still okay knowing they aren't.

as a youngster I had an idea something was off for a long time with nba.

as an older guy then, as an outsider, seeing the kings in 2002 got me to really thinking more. After that, seeing celtics lose in 2010 in game 7 when lakers shot a million free throws in 4th quarter.. really made it pretty much fact.

Now with home team this time, it's just that final confirmation that we all knew was coming anyway with these refs and this league. We have been talking about this way before this latest game. Like this is some kind of shocker? haha yeah.

I watched it for the laughs and that last play without clock starting was for the laughs too. big funhouse.

You can't have all these games like this where they are super close and keep getting robbed by refs, and expect to come out and win the series. Same way you can't turn a w**** into a housewife. Don't kid yourself.

We could have made a few more shots here and there and it's true we let the refs into the game and allowed them to do this to us. We put ourselves at their mercy and unfortunately you can't have a close one with this league and expect anything. Not killer instinct maybe but it's fixed and we knew that way before this. What would be the point of killer instinct when the league is playing nintendo with the scores keeping them close? like it matters! haha..pity the fool.

Look back on this series and season 10 years from now, heck even next week and no one will remember we got robbed the same way the record books still show lakers over kings in 2002. History remembers what the record books show not always what really happened. oh well such is life. Like I told a lakers fan after they won against celtics in 2010 - 'nice championship you got there... one to really be proud of'

It's cool and I am down.. I just won't watch a single second the rest of this year and not that nba cares or anyone cares but that's another fan that is done and left. Call this my breakup letter that likely no one here will read (that's cool) and probably no one gives a rats ass about. Cool.

Probably they are not after my demographic and perhaps they picked up a few 10 year olds in portland that can replace me. Some chart on some matrix in the nba nyc boardroom puts me on the outside. Can't have fans that know it's wrestling. Might as well iso me. I get it.

It's a business and entertainment, and I am probably not the target audience by the looks of the commercials and shoe ads ..I am a sum zero to them. so we break up and I will see you in the hangout as the cynical old b*stard that knows better.

History is written by the winners not the losers. In this case, and this league we lost a long time ago.. way before we started this series, season or game. I know this it's cool.

good job nba and nice business you got there. sour grapes can kiss my ass too when games are being recalled rescinded apologized and homecourt time clocks. it doesnt really matter either way. Enjoy fake. The only fake I like is big fake tittays. Thanks for GARM it was a nice run and fun while it lasted.

c'est la vie ..bien tout

1 person likes this.
  20. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Yeah it ****ing did start late. God damn.

Watch this: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=650503328336871
    <div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
    <div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=650503328336871" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=650503328336871">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/kelly.hardy.73">Kelly Hardy</a>.</div></div>