1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did Alex Bregman sleep with Jeff Passan's mom?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by RKREBORN, Feb 14, 2020.

1. edwardc

edwardc Member

Nook, Scarface281, RayRay10 and 4 others like this.
  2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pssst, Jeff, you are the terrible human being who drove up this ridiculous fervor. You don’t get to condemn others who are reacting to your smear campaign.

6. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

What a blowhard. He and his cronies helped create the level of hysteria we
    He needs to police his own backyard and stop passing on the blame for the hysteria on social media to the companies that own those platforms. What a tone-deaf blowhard. This guy sniffs his own farts.

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

He can’t even stop when he’s telling other people to calm down. “Yes the Astros are cheaters.” Are you ****ing serious? ****ing hypocrite ******* who didn’t give 2 ***** when it was the Red Sox and Yankees.

8. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

At some point can’t the Astros sue for libel? Especially if it gets out other teams were cheating too? It’s just going way too far and the hypocrisy is painfully too prevalent

9. Buck Turgidson

Nope.

Just win, baby.

Chilly_Pete likes this.
  10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Look.. Astros got caught. Nothing they can do about it but just take it. Take it in deep. This is probably going to happen the rest of their lives. Gotta live with the consequences in life.

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This guy.

12. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

The Astros weren’t caught. They got the dime dropped on them by a former player.

MLB investigated and uncovered their method.

13. Buck Turgidson

He was apparently recently balls-deep in @tycoonchip's mom though, judging from his posts (I think the ones in the "pitcher sues" thread are even better) today.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

My opinion has evolved!

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id...ons-mlb-cracks-pine-tar-spring-surprises-more

And what about you and the rest of the media? Aren't you part of this too?

Absolutely. The media does play a part in stories of this magnitude, and we should be held to account on words past and present. Of particular interest to Astros fans have been some past words I wrote when the Red Sox were fined for illicitly using an Apple Watch, the first punishment levied in the sign-stealing era.

Here's what I said: "The entire charade is patently absurd. Almost every team in baseball blurs the line of cheating on a daily basis."

Here's the truth: It was a bad take. One that did allude to deeper issues -- "Some executives fear a slap on the wrist will enable those tempted to go beyond stealing signs," I wrote later in the piece -- but I didn't fully digest the gravity of what was going on in baseball.

Sliming the media is easy, and wearing that slime is part of the job, and those who believe this amounts to a sign that I hold the Astros to a different standard than the 29 other teams are entitled to that belief. It's not true. Opinions evolve, and the more I spoke with people in the game, the more details about what the Astros did emerged. As more details emerged, the depth of their cheating was significant compared to other teams'. Yes, other teams blurred the line. The Astros erased it -- an erasure they themselves admitted to as they apologized and apologized again and apologized once more.

I'm glad my opinion evolved, by the way. Opinions are clay, not stone. They should be malleable, shaped by new fact sets rather than dogma. Moral intransigence and intellectual incuriosity are sins far worthier of scorn.

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  15. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

Blurring, erasing, blah blah blah. Just the same rhetorical garbage followed by holier than thou.

Nook and everyday eddie like this.
  16. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Jeff Passan needs to drop the soap somewhere

17. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

So wait, Jeff knows of other cheating, but because it doesn't meet the qualifications of "erasing the line" he won't report on it. That makes no sense...cheating is cheating and withholding information about other cheaters puts him in a position of power that a media member shouldn't have...especially one that is being accused of bias. How are we to know he isn't protecting those that he favors?

Edit to add: And then saying that the depth of the Astros cheating is more significant can be evidenced by their multiple apologies is a weak argument as well. They are only apologizing because they got caught. If they didn't get caught, they wouldn't apologize...just like the other teams and players that you haven't reported on. If you reported on them, they'd likely apologize as well.

18. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

Winning won't help, either. We will just take the Evil Empire label from the bSPN's beloved Yanks for the next generation or so. Don't give a ****. The Stros are my team and **** the haters. And Passan, too.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

What a tool.

So the Astros apologies aren't good enough and it's ok to slime them. But heaven forbid you slime a "moral truth" seeker like Jeff Passan. Give me a break.

This guy is so full of ****.

#79 Chilly_Pete, Mar 3, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    RayRay10 and BigM like this.
  20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

**** that guy

Nook, Chilly_Pete and RayRay10 like this.