1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2017 NFL Draft/1-12] Deshaun Watson

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 27, 2017.

?

Do you like the decision to trade up & select Deshaun Watson?

1. Yes

90.8%
  2. No

9.2%
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I never suggested that the ridiculousness here would have any impact on the Texans, but it does get a bit tiresome after a while. That's why I was hoping that people would start seeing things for what they are and pump the brakes a bit. It would lead to more intelligent conversation, which would benefit all.

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Brady bout to get his 7 and sit down

3. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

GET OUT

4. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I hate they want to break him from what he does best. I understand he’s not the traditional QB, but come on. Cam Newton wouldn’t be much if he wasn’t allowed to run as much. Show him how to stay in the pocket and make reads and throws, but allow him to ben comfortable.

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Reality

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2 rushing tds though guys!

Accuracy is still a concern

HTown_TMac, Mr. Clutch and Fulgore like this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Deshaun Watson completed 3-of-10 passes for 102 yards and rushed four times for ten yards and a touchdown in the Texans' second preseason game.

Watson struggled as a passer, but Bruce Ellington and D'Onta Foreman spiked his yards-per-attempt average with big run-after-catch plays, and Watson rushed for a score for the second straight week.
    [​IMG]

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  8. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I'm not too happy about his performance

deb4rockets likes this.
  9. Nimo

Nimo Member

Hopefully the "start Deshaun in week 1" quiets down a bit after tonight's game.

10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hear ya. I was really disappointed in his passing game. It was like watching Brock without an interception. His accuracy has been less than impressive. The plus, is he is really good at rushing for yards, and he is working hard at learning our system. I like the kid, and see his potential, but he's definitely not ready to start yet.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

he's being extra careful which is hurting his comp % but i can't argue with his approach. he'll take more risks as he gets more comfortable and we'll see his comp % increase. probably see a few ints too with more risk taking.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's inaccurate.

Why do you use two first round picks for a QB who can't throw the ball good?

Sigh.

texian and Marteen like this.
  14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Pro tip: don't dance when you suck.

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

We get it. You don't like Watson. Week 2 of the preseason of his rookie year. Keep your BOOTY takes to yourself.

houstonstime and red5rocket like this.
  16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

No...people shouldn't jump to conclusions...."He sucks"...after 2 preseason games. You never liked Watson (Im sure it is tied to your OTHER leanings) and look for things to say "Ha!, I was RIGHT!. Rookies go thru this process.

17. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Watson is definitely trying to avoid the turnovers... Which is contributing to him missing bug bc he's basically making sure the defense has no shot at it. I think he needs to be comfortable making turnovers, if he can parlay that into multiple big plays. That's what he did at Clemson, but Obrien has been hammering home the "no turnovers" idea, so I think it's making Watson much more cautious than normal, which I'm not sure is a good thing.

18. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My biggest concern with Watson so far is the accuracy. Was he known for being inaccurate at Clemson? I thought he had pretty good completion #s there?

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

As shaky as Watson may look, the bottom line is Tom Savage is not leading this team to the promised land.

Our future lies with Watson, so no point in delaying the inevitable. Let him cut his teeth and start the process now.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  20. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

You trailer-trash are so ignorant you looked at film of Watson's entire college career, when he had no accuracy and regularly almost led the NCAA in interceptions per pass attempt. But you Cletuses went "woo hoo" when Rick Smith again showed he has no competence with first-round offense picks.

Mr. Clutch likes this.