1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2017 NFL Draft/1-12] Deshaun Watson

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 27, 2017.

?

Do you like the decision to trade up & select Deshaun Watson?

1. Yes

90.8%
  2. No

9.2%
  1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Let’s go! Hopefully all Texans by 2030 lol

#Dynasty

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Deshaun did so many good things from the pocket last year.

I really feel like he won't digress much at all when the athletic ability leaves his body.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Around the 19:00 mark

https://audioboom.com/posts/6633264-super-bowl-mvp-von-miller-luke-kuechly-and-deshaun-watson-2-1-3

Deshaun says:

1) He was taking reps with the first team in training camp. (Media was saying he didn’t get many first team reps, which wasn’t true.)

2) He says, "I truly wasn’t prepared to take that next step right out the gate. OB knew it, Rick Smith knew it, and I agreed." (Remember that story about Rick not wanting Watson to start game one? Why was he in that discussion?)

From week 1 of training camp, O’Brien was walking around saying Watson was going to take this team to a Super Bowl one day.

3) The sucking up from Florio is sickening.

4) Repeated that he thinks his ACL happened vs. SEA.

5) Selling Old Spice.

6) "Great to have [O’Brien] back"… "I love watching Brady and hearing the stories and seeing how he got to where he is now." (Osweiler didn’t think there was anything for him to learn from Tom Brady.)

Joshfast and J.R. like this.
  5. texian

texian Member

You really can't trust the narratives that emanate from the local sports talkers.

So that story was true then, because O'Brien obviously thought he was ready 30 minutes later.

And he was talking during camp like he wasn't going "to be here" after the season.

6. texian

texian Member

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

12. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I have my fingers crossed for DeShaun but this is the same medical staff that let JJ come back from back surgery after only 12 weeks and we all know how that turned out.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

But JJ didn' hurt his back this time.

15. HillBoy

Yes, that was the knee injury he suffered in the Kansas City game last year. I'm referring to his surgery for a herniated disk in June 2016 which was his 2nd back surgery that year. He was back playing by Sept only to wind up on IR and shutdown for the season. This led me to become skeptical about the medical staff and now it appears that they maybe doing the same thing with Watson. Everything depends on him being ready to play when the season starts for them to even have a remote chance of making the playoffs.

16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Deshaun getting sloppy seconds from pat Beverley, Rick Ross, Drake, Hardens ex.

Snow Villiers likes this.
  17. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Pics? :D

red5rocket likes this.
  18. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

But... because of a leg injury; it had nothing to do with his back. This is like bringing your car in to have the engine worked on and then blaming the mechanic for a flat tire.

Also, we need to stop pretending medical personnel are all-knowing magicians - there's only so much they can do. Their methods could conceivably be suspect, I suppose - but unless you think they're fudging or outright ignoring medical and physical results, he passed their tests and received clearance to play.

It's then on JJ to manage his pain and what he can and cannot handle. They can't do that for him.

csj likes this.
  19. HillBoy

Jeez! The level of reading comprehension around here is not good. I wasn't talking about JJ's tibial plateau fracture that happened in 2017. I was looking at his 2nd back surgery that occurred in June 2016. The two events are/were not related. JJ has back surgery #2 in June but 12 weeks later is declared ready to go. That struck me as somewhat of a rush job to get him back on the field and sure enough, by Sept 27th, he ended up needing back surgery again and wound up being placed on IR thereby missing the rest of the 2016 season. Now we have Watson suffering his 2nd torn ACL and my worry is that they are doing the same thing with him as they did with JJ. Too much rests on him for them to get it wrong..again.

texian likes this.
  20. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Ah, gotcha. My bad.

My second point still stands, though- if he passes their milestones and tests, the burden is passed to him to properly manage his pain and recovery. The doctors can't walk a mile in his shoes.