1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun the Great

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Colt45, Sep 10, 2017.

1. dookiester

dookiester Member

Hard to debate hypotheticals - like you could easily say mahomes would never lead a team to a championship, if that team was the Houston Texans coached/managed by bill o Brien. No way of proving or disproving bc those circumstances will never come. Mahomes may be better than Watson but doesn't mean Watson isn't good enough to lead a championship team. He needs the right pieces around him and that definitely includes coaching. Mahomes inherited a complete team with an actual proven offensive genius coach (vs coach with a reputation but not proven track record of offensive prowess). He's an amazing player but he's also got way more help than Watson (and not strictly talking skill positions, but overall - offensive line, defense, and obviously systems).

plutoblue11, TEXNIFICENT, csj and 2 others like this.
  2. Fantasma Negro

3. conquistador#11

The funny thing is that those guys are more composed than the impulsive teapot. True definition of good teammates.

plutoblue11, Ottomaton and Pringles like this.
  4. raining threes

Keep telling yourself that and then go check out the Titans game, I actually picktout a game he was good in instead of a bad game and tell me what you think of the mistakes he made with a clean pocket.

This was worse in his bad games.

5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

What r u basing this sht out of? He won college national football championship in clutch time, he shown he has done it b4.

Sht coach/gm and bad oline is hindering him.
    Now he's gonna lack weapons also.

6. showa13

showa13 Member

I’ll rehash a question I asked earlier that you still haven’t answered. You’ve obviously determined that Deshaun isn’t a championship level QB but haven’t defended the stance with any substantial proof and you haven’t given a list of QBs you would either consider championship level or would rather have than Deshaun. For curiosity in these times of excess debate time, would you be willing to lists those QBs that fit your criteria?

7. raining threes

So did Tebow and Tebow advanced as far as Watson has in the playoffs in less yrs.

Keep on making those excuses.

I cant wait for the next rd of excuses.

8. raining threes

You want a list

1. Mahmes
    2. Rodgers
    3. Wilson
    4. LJ
    5. Brady
    6.Brees
    7. Wentz IMHO

Then you have guys that I like better like

Jimmy G
    Tannehill
    Goff
    Murray
    Ryan

Why do I like these guys better than Watson, because their highs are as high and their lows dont happen as much as Watson's happen.

9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Until we have a better coach/gm, im just gonna assume u are just a hater.

Irrational hate towards Watson, u need to focus your hatred on the sht coach making life harder for Watson.

10. raining threes

Blame Watson's issues on the HC is taking the easy way out. Instead you should be looking at DW4'S issues and what is causing them. Like footwork is causing his accuracy issues, his need to improve his field vision etc....

Speaking of field vision, he"s going to have to improve in this area without Nuk.

11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Sht coach that has never created top 10 offense even b4 watson. Its not an easy out its the truth, no qb will do well under BoB, until we get a new one stop your irrational hatred. Watson "weakness" is more noticeable bc our sht hc literally does nothing to help his qb out. Hell literally sabtagoin his qb by getting rid of the best wr in the game. Taking the easy way out my ass, u watson hater.

After seein how u ranked watson so low, even behind tannerhill, a guy his own coach didnt trust throwin. Ima just put u on ignore, just a fking hater no point even interactin with u.

#1791 DatRocketFan, Apr 9, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  12. Fantasma Negro

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If you put him on ignore where will you get your laughs for the day? Just kidding.

King1 likes this.
  14. showa13

showa13 Member

Thank you for putting a list together. While I could see the argument in why you might like most of those guys better, I would really like to hear your argument on tannehill because you might be the only person in America that likes tannehill more than Deshaun and that thinks his lows are less frequent than Deshaun’s.

For the record in terms of choosing a QB for this year and moving forward Mahomes is the only one I’d pick over Deshaun from this list.

#1794 showa13, Apr 9, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Ok.....you are must on be on a Meth or Crack binge. I will give you Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson, Brees (Brady is not the same at 43), however, the others (Matt Ryan is not better than Watson...above the other though) are Not in Watson's class.

King1 and red5rocket like this.
  16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Watson is just as good as any of these guys. Even with crappy coaching he was still able to beat most of them. He even set an NFL record(one of many)playing against one of them in his rookie season. Also each of them have offensive lines that they can trust. We don't. You cant keep expecting Watson to go out every game and play against the other team and O'Brien as well. Because that is exactly what he's doing every time he steps on the field.

17. raining threes

Blaming his faults all on coaching.

Shocking

18. raining threes

Tannehill carried a bad Dolphins team until he got injured.

He got with a talented Titans team and look at the results.

He makes very few mistakes and if he stays healthy he can be just as good as Watson in the Titans offense.

With the Cooks trade there should be no more excuses if the wr corps stays healthy.

19. raining threes

Disagree with me and put me on ignore.

Why am I not surprised.

Blaming Watson's failures ALL on the HC is taking the easy way out.

mario_v likes this.
  20. showa13

showa13 Member

Last year when tannehill was asked to throw more the Titans lost. They rode Derrick Henry to the AFC championship game. He did commit very few mistakes cause he wasn’t asked to do much more than hand the ball off, and compared to mariota who was a walking mistake he looks good.

Do you think the Texans go further with tannehill at QB last year? Subsequently, do you think the titans don’t go as far last year with Deshaun at QB?

King1 likes this.