1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun the Great

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Colt45, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

That last stat is incredible.

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

For all you Mahomniacs, Deshaun has more yards and a better completion percentage than Patrick so far this season.

Yes I know Mahommes has a better rating, more TDs, better TD/INT ratio, and more wins

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Tell me another quarterback in the NFL that could do better than Watson with that crappy offensive line.

4. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

It takes a very mobile QB. Other QB's would be on the IR by now.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Never underestimate some of the complainers who still follow the Texans religiously...

Not long ago it was "we can never get a QB, no matter what!"... now its, "well, he's nowhere close to being as good as Mahomes... "

I for one am thankful that the football gods did the Texans a solid and put Watson in a position to go to this team. His start last year was electric, and certainly may have raised expectations a little "too" high for this year... but he's showing the awareness of reading defenses, making accurate throws, hanging in the pocket... before he has to scramble for his life and still make a ridiculous throw on the run, or make an athletic enough run.

6. Newlin

Newlin Member

Watson is fantastic when he has time to throw. He's still really good when having to scramble. He gets into trouble when he tries to do too much at the end of some plays. He needs to learn to slide instead of taking the big hit. He needs to throw the ball away more instead of throwing into coverage. But, I understand what he's doing. He's a competitor. He desperately wants to win the game.

Give Watson an elite offensive line, and a competent offensive coordinator, and he'll play like one of the all time great QB's. He already doing amazing things.

7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Not just that but a shtty coach with sht playcalls and bad time management.

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Dude is incredible but he hasn't wised up.... still has ALOT OF Growing to do...

He takes unnecessary hits when he can slide or run out of bounds. He needs to understand that HE is the Houston Texans. I love his mentality, but as a QB he cannot take those hits. Obrien is stupid... he prolly encourages that.

Also he needs to learn to not force things and take them as they come....all of his INTs have been forced throws trying to do too much.

He is going to get better and better.

He just needs to wise up.

10. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I get the hate for BOB, dude makes some idiot choices. But cmon, "Obrien probably encourages that" now you are just finding any way to include him in everyone's mistakes...

Blatz likes this.
  11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Come on good people, the only reason why he took a lot of those hits, was because he wanted this game badly. He showed his team, as a leader I would put it all on the line for you guys. Talk about risky, and hopefully hes not seriously hurt. But from this game going forward we should see max effort from all of them. And I'm hoping Bill O'Brien wakes the bleep up.

#591 Htownballer38, Oct 8, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

That’s my damn qb!!!

red5rocket likes this.
  13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes on the spoiler. The TD/INT ratio is the difference between winning and losing games many times. You left off stronger arm, better at throwing and hitting receivers on the run and evading tackles too. But, my little Vegas bet was on Hopkins as league leader in receptions and Watson in most passing yards. Looking good so far. Hope they keep on connecting big!!!

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

David certainly knows about not having an OL & being hit. Almost like it's a Texans tradition or something. ;):rolleyes:

15. Ray Parker

Ray Parker Member

Deshaun Watson=James Harden
    Pat Mahomes=Steph Curry

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

Have they said how many ribs he broke?

17. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Just bruised. Been that way for 4 months

18. Fulgore

Fulgore Member