1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun the Great

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Colt45, Sep 10, 2017.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Truth be told, that was a pretty good QB draft. We got our QB. We just can't do right by him.

2. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Yep like both guys. Mahomes n watson. I think the coachnis a key def. Our offense should be exactly like the chiefs. Oh n im coining it..."mahomes is the steph curry of football" revolutionary

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We have a horrible coach and offensive line, which doesn't help Watson, but Mahomes is much better so far. The kid is only in his 6th game and has 14 touchdowns and only 2 interceptions. He just has an ability to look one way them
    N throw another direction like someone with far more experience.

Watson has played twice as many games and is still throwing an interception for every 2 touchdowns. He has 26 touchdowns but 12 interceptions. He is really good, but no comparison to Mahomes and his rifle accuracy on the run. Today I hope to see Watson have his best game yet. He is fortunate to have a couple of the best receivers in the league.

#563 deb4rockets, Oct 7, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

'
    How does the offense and offense lines compare?

Rocket River

conquistador#11 likes this.
  5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

This kid had a hell of a game. That INT wasn't on him ( blue missed a block and Watson had no time ). He was clearly hurting, and yet he gutted his way through and almost always made the correct, quick, read.

If we can stop designing runs for him that would also be great.

conquistador#11 and dkoune like this.
  6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Gonna end up in a casket at this rate. Stupid playcalls and weak ass oline gonna get our boy Watson killed. His hero mentality to overcome BOB incompetence gonna make him take some nasty hits.

J.R. likes this.
  7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I have to LOL at this.

You are throwing baseless stats in comparing two players.

Watson is much more accurate in the pocket and doesn’t get most his yards by LOS passes.

Watch a Chief game one time please and report back. If you feel the same then I know you literally don’t know anything about QBing.

YaoMing#1 and Fulgore like this.
  8. tmacfor35

Watson has the better resume and skills from the pocket currently.

If you could tell the difference between a system QB and a non system QB we wouldn’t be saying such crazy things.

9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I've watched more than one Chiefs game and am not about to change my mind on this one. I love his ability to score in the red zone, score on the run, and not stare down receivers. It's working. I LOL at you not seeing how special he is for a kid on his 6th NFL game.

10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I prefer Mahomes, but root for Watson. System or non system he finds his targets and scores in the red zone much more, with only 2 turnovers all year, even if Watson has a better resume and better pocket skills, Mahomes throws much better passes on the run, can throw farther with accuracy, and has a special skill of not looking down his targets.

#570 deb4rockets, Oct 7, 2018
  11. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

The Mahomes hype is getting nauseating.

He’s good but cmon, he’s playing for a coach that made Alex smith a pro bowler after being a bust. Took mike Vick out of jail and got him another 100m. Andy Reid is light years ahead of BOB.

Chiefs are loaded at the skill position. Although Hopkins is freaking special like maybe a top 15 WR when it’s all said and done.

Get the Texans Kareem Hunt and we don’t go 1-5 in the RZ.

Watson’s throws in the pocket are insanely accurate the numbers back that up. The stare down WR BS has no merit that’s be lazy. If you know anything about football you wouldn’t be blaming his INTs on stare down. That’s Blake Brotles stuff.

I like mahomes but let’s keep it real he’s comiing back down to earth himself.

His QBR was 89 last week and 60 this week.

After this weeks game Watson and him will be pretty much identical in completion %.

Put Watson with Andy Reid and the chiefs are still 5-0 and Watson is in the mvp hunt like mahomes.

Does he have 14-2 td-int? I don’t know but I’m sure his numbers would be off the charts.

Watson is a stud he ability to bob in and out of the pocket is second to only Aaron Rodgers.

That throw that he threw to griffin in the end zone was next level stuff perfect placement. Griffin just didn’t catch it. I’ve seen dozen of throws like that from Watson that lets me know that barring injury this guy will be one of the top 5 played in the nfl no doubt.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Deshaun Watson is playing an excellent game. He’s throwing accurately, running to extend the plays when needed and checking to the right runs. He really looks confident tonight.

— Tony Dungy (@TonyDungy) October 8, 2018

Deshaun Watson's last four games: 310 yards, 385, 375, 375

— Brian T. Smith (@ChronBrianSmith) October 8, 2018

DreamShook likes this.
  13. theimpossibles1

Nah.

We get it, the dude looks like Steph. Quit trying so hard.

14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

75% completion rate, 375 yards, 1 Td, 1 Int yet he still got 97.5 rating in spite of BOB. There might be some people riding the Maholmes hype, but what Watson is doing with sht tier coach/oline is impressive enough for me. I just hope he makes it to the end of the season alive.

15. tmacfor35

Not looking down his targets?

He’s been one read all year after RPO...

I can show you several times from the last two games where Watson hit his 3rd or 4th read LOL.

Fulgore likes this.
  16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Don’t waste your time. Watson can throw for 800 yds and 7 tds and he still will find something wrong with him.

17. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

Watson is a beast - plain and simple (Coaching is the problem here)... Watson has thrown over 300 for 4 straight games (under BOB) think about this for a sec....

Lawlruschang and Fulgore like this.
  18. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I agree 100%. We finally have a franchise qb. Would have loved to see DW4 play under Kubiak.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

No sense continuing this. We have differences in opinions, which is cool. You think Deshaun is better and I like Mahomes better. Either way, I will still root and cheer for our team and QB, whoever it is like I always have in the past. I never root for them to fail, and never root for us to tank for a draft pick.

#579 deb4rockets, Oct 8, 2018
    xaos likes this.
  20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member