1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Democratic Senator Al Franken - Sex Accusations

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Nov 16, 2017.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Another dandorotik meltdown! Maybe we should call him "Chernobyl Dan" if he doesn't like Lubbock Dan...

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The women had felt fat and Franken's touch made her feel fatter. Good Lord, Franken should have read her mind and known better.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That lady is sadly off base.

4. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

People that are wrong do that to deflect.

I’ll say it 1,000 times if I have to. He said I was against the tax plan, I showed him a prior quote that proved him wrong, and he keeps avoiding admitting he was wrong

That’s weakness. No other way to describe it

5. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Has nothing to do with like. Just not sure why you keep insulting the great people of Lubbock. I mean, weak-minded people resort to stereotypes, so if that’s your problem, OK.

6. No Worries

Sure thing, littletexxx.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Weird how the Democratic party has higher moral standards than the religious right does.

DD

8. No Worries

Come again?

[​IMG]

9. adoo

adoo Member

https://www.arcamax.com/politics/fromtheleft/ruthmarcus/s-2026516

This is from WaPo's Ruth Marcus

The political calculus is simple: Franken had to go. With the grotesque picture of him groping, or
    pretending to grope, the breasts of a fellow USO performer,

he would have been a nonstop distraction, muddling Democrats' case against
    alleged groper President Trump and alleged child molester Roy Moore.
    Franken paid not only for their sins but also for the alleged behavior of Bill Clinton two decades ago.
    Democrats underreacted then and consequently were impelled to overreact now. Or, at least, act quickly.

..........​

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I don't think he's shied away from your comments or where he's lived, but I don't know how frequently you use Lubbock Dan.

He mainly commented on it after I asked why you use it in a weirdly ironic way.

I guess it's mysterious and shadowy but people will keep guessing if you don't assert your intentions.

11. bigtexxx

Bill Clinton. Pwn3d

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I do find it funny that Clinton is brought up when he had consensual adult sex, meanwhile Trump has sexually assaulted many women and Moore has to little girls.

yet somehow to apologists like Texx this is a moral equivalency?

No one believes Republicans have a moral compass any longer, and the religious right is supporting Trump and Moore - the hypocrisy is staggering - folks know the truth now....the Republicans are fake Christians.

Franken should just announce he is switching parties.....that way he can stay and continue GOD's WORK.

DD

No Worries likes this.
  13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Republicans always are willing to overlook the crimes of their team while crucifying the other side for any potential mistake or even rumor. It's not about right or wrong for them. It's about winning at any cost.

That's why they can do the birther thing or pizza gate yet defend people like Trump and Moore

14. No Worries

Brilliant. A Republican Franken would be comedy gold. Franken could stand on the floor of the Senate and ask Roy Moore how God would want a pedophile to vote on this bill.

15. bigtexxx

Your logic is terrible. With Bill Clinton in the position of power he was in, his victims very well may not have seen it as consensual. That's your problem - your logic just isn't sound. I think you might (?) actually mean well, but you lack the ability to think clearly.

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

You continue to embarrass yourself in this thread. Again, think about what you are doing... attacking others, politicians and posters alike, to somehow make yourself feel better for your defense and support of a child rapist. Perhaps some time off to think about that, and hopefully peoples opinions of your behavior will fade over time.

17. bigtexxx

Is Roy Moore a convicted child rapist? The answer is no. He may be, which is why I've remained silent on this issue, but this has not yet been proven.

You speak as though he is a convicted child rapist, which is simply not true.

18. NewRoxFan

Your ongoing hyperpartisan defense of a child rapist... or accused child rapist, accused by many extremely credible people, is duly noted and it is not a good look. Unless that's your own thing, and well, an even worse look.

19. bigtexxx

So you tried to dance a bit, but you agree that I'm right. Weak effort on your part.

20. NewRoxFan

No... I am clearly against a child rapist like Moore. Funny thing, most normal Americans, at least those that are not clearly basing their support due to partisan reasons, also share my position on Moore. Even leading republicans like John McCain, Mitt Romney, Bill Kristol, Mike Lee, Pat Toomey, Charlie Dent, Orrin Hatch, and even Mitch McConnell, to name just a few. Those that defend and support the child rapist include you, Trump, and well... just that grouping should say it all.