1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Defense is gone....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fansince80, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Fansince80

Fansince80 Member

And with that their chances in the playoffs.

Have not played lick of defense in over a month a a half.

Mathloom likes this.
  2. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

MDA is too overrated

OTMax likes this.
  3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

We're bottom 5 in the last 15 games in defensive rating. We're definitely looking at a second round exit if we don't play any defense.

4. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

The coach group must be changed

5. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

first round exit

6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I was being optimistic :(

7. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Live by the 3 .Get buried in clipperland by the 3. Our defensive coach needs to be on hotseat.

8. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

there's not a single energy young guy on this team. everybody looks old and tired.

9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Clippers were playing good D, especially their perimeter players. Half-court pressing and no giving a lot of space to Chris and Eric. That's energy.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Time for a players only meeting?

11. carib

carib Member

Wow, the Rockets gave up a lot of transition baskets even when they scored. Looking at the Clippers shot chart they scored a lot in the paint. So many teams in last 15 games recently shooting very high percentages against the Rockets. With both Gordon and Green having poor offensive games tonight the only way we could have won against the Clippers was by defense, smh. Shooting a lot of 3's vs a team shooting a lot in the paint may not get you many wins against decent teams. I know Morey is focused on the Warriors, but the Rockets need to start playing defense like the Warriors if they are going to even make it to the conference finals.

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

They didn't even have a meeting when they lost 5 straight.

13. Rocketeer4Life

I'm starting to believe MDA will never have a top 10 defensive team.

Fansince80 likes this.
  14. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Sweet louuuuu

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

nothing to worry about in January. Defence in the Playoffs is the key. Just need to get healthy and we will be fine

RiceRockets and Beardaholic13 like this.
  16. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

I will agree for the most part...the one thing iam worried baout though is Tucker. He looks OLD. His defense is overrated bigtime and i really hope we keep LMM at min over him at 8 per. Those salaries should be reversed

17. carib

carib Member

We need to get back our defensive identity or tweak a few things on defense. Just saying we just need to be healthy is not the point of this thread. In the last 15 games we have been poor defensively and it is not entirely due to injury. The Spurs, Celtics and Warriors have had injuries and are still very good defensive teams. The Rockets can't get in the habit of "I will outscore you with 3's mentality". The Rockets can't wait till the playoffs to fix our defense problems, we need the regular season to figure out what works as opposed to trying to experiment in the playoffs. Bear in mind we are an older team, so teams will try to attack the rim before our defense is set, hence our poor transition defense. Morey has put together perhaps the best Rockets team he has ever assembled with a good mix of offensive talent and guys who are good defenders to work perfectly for the system he wants to Rockets to play. Some games you can see our defensive effort is not there, other times we need to make adjustments and our in game defensive adjustments are not there or have not had a huge impact. We have been bad defensively to good teams and sub par teams. We have our next 3 games coming up against teams just like the Clippers that have been on a roll. We need that defense back or we are facing another losing streak.

18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Once Luc gets his legs back under him, Tucker can guard the bigger guys and Luc can guard the faster guys. Tucker gets caught too much under the rim because players are allowed to get a good boxed position

19. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

We get mixed up and lost alot of times. Sometimes we dont fight thru the pick. Sometimes we help too much.

Half the season has gone by.... We need everyone healthy and everyone on the same page.

Not worried. With time we will get better.

Trade deadline and buyout market can't come fast enough.

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Great teams don't count on guys to cone back from injury in order to play defense. Rockets are just proving that their defense is fraudulent

napalm06 likes this.