1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Defending freedom of speech is important, but you should know what happened then give a speech.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Emanon, Oct 9, 2019.

1. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

I don’t think you understand what terrorism actually means

”the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes. the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization. a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.“

China was already governing using terroristic methods, including threats and violence. You can’t resist terrorism using peaceful means, and responding to terrorism violently has never been considered terrorism, in any part of the world.

kanariya likes this.
  2. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Lmao, what do you expect, for an authoritarian dictatorship to parade you (a foreigner) past the organ harvesting facilities?

What an incredibly stupid reason not to believe China is having human rights issues.

DikembeOlajuwan likes this.
  3. Icepiano

Icepiano Member

These people only believe the Mainstream media and not the mass wisdom. They laugh if you tell them to go to Quora and see what the PEOPLE actually think. Or go to twitter and see the videos that you posted.

Yet they won’t admit the fact that they’re the ones being brainwashed :rolleyes:

Real intellectual people who respect other countries’ culture and think critically before talking are rare. Most of them in China.

It’s not because Americans are incapable of doing that, it’s that they get scolded by the public if they do. Take Curry and Kerr for example, all they’ve said is that they don’t know enough Chinese history to comment on the issue, and they will need to read up. It’s really the most responsible way of dealing with an issue like this, yet people are quick to jump to conclusions that “They’re caving to the Chinese”

When Kerr points out the human rights abuses in the US, such as AR-15s and mass shooting, sky high health care cost, etc. most people just turn a blind eye.

So yeah, it’s a tough conversation to be had.

dlite316 and Lovemachine2000 like this.
  4. Miracle

Miracle Member

You made two replies to the wrong posts. My post was quoting and explaining to an earlier post. And I had explained terrorism to that poster in a later post. Please read the full text of my post as well as all the later posts before you reply in order to avoid duplicated information (you had done similar things in other posts as well).

5. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

I have already read the full text, and I’m not duplicating information. As I stated before, you have an incomplete understanding of terrorism. This is from the wiki page you posted:

”individuals who accuse their governments of terrorism are seen as radicals, because actions by legitimate governments are not generally seen as illegitimate.

China’s rule over HK is not legitimate under the 2 system rule that is supposed to last until 2047 because they are not being elected, and thus, any violence or threats used to control the local population can, and should, be construed as acts of terrorism.

6. bearrider

bearrider Member

The truth is out there.

Morey supported those HK roiters (to me more like potential terrorists).

You called Morey "hero"

THE Morey "hero" tweeted a message to support HK roiters and deleted it in one hour.

THE Morey "hero" dare not retweet it.

And THE Morey "hero" hid nowhere for 5 days and no media can find him...

more videos uploaded by normal HK people.

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  7. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

China is already backing down from its stance. You probably didn’t get the news because China censors any news that makes it look weak.

bacliff likes this.
  8. bearrider

bearrider Member

follow the videos about HK roiters (potential terrorists)

Morey supported potential terrorism in HK and hid nowhere for 5 days.

And you guys called him "hero"...

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Muscle of those 'non violent' protesters.

They are really dumb if they do that to their own city infrastructure.

10. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Huh? I don’t think he’s a hero. He risked nothing standing for freedom and Hong Kong because he’s American, and Americans have freedom of speech.

I agree with him though. Hong Kong is supposed to have freedom of speech according to the agreement that was made between the U.K. and China until 2047, and China is trying to end that early.

DikembeOlajuwan likes this.
  11. bearrider

bearrider Member

More videos about HK roiters (potential terrorists)

Morey support it and hid nowhere for 5 days.

Sports should 100% stay away from politics. Otherwise a guy like Morey can praise the terrorists 5000 miles away from his home.

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

Shouldn't you Chinese fans stop the propaganda now? Your lord Winnie the Pooh has spoken. No more bad talk of the NBA. Even Winnie's mouthpiece CCTV has stopped talking.

You guys dont want to upset your almighty leader right? If you want to talk Rockets just talk Rockets

13. bearrider

bearrider Member

HK roiters, supported by THE Morey "hero", burned HK subway stations more than 50 times within 1 months.

And HK rioters started to burn trains few days ago.

Potential terrorists?

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good thing I do not live there. :eek::oops:

15. mockster

mockster Member

exactly, but our fore fathers didn’t beat the British through peaceful protest

16. bearrider

bearrider Member

The truth is out there.

You should learn the truth first.

THE Morey "hero" supported HK rioters and brought sports into politics.

More videos about HK potential terrorism.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You get smarter every generation. Also the warfare has changed, nuking countries seems to be the way ppl fear the most.

Also it seems to me that those mobsters are a bunch of idiots, I doubt they would represent the smart or reasonable part of HK.

They remind me of hooligans in soccer stadiums. Hot mess and not well organized.

#257 daywalker02, Oct 11, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  18. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

19. malakas

malakas Member

Show video of HK having democratic elections please.

If not your videos just show resistance against oppresion and nazis.

mockster likes this.
  20. bearrider

bearrider Member

The truth is out there.

But politics blind your eyes with a cap of "freedom of speech"