1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Death Lineup Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

This sequence (from 3:02 onwards) shows:

- Why Harden is the King of the NBA at the moment. This sequence is basically every Rockets play in that time.
    - How the Rockets looked with 5 shooters to spread the floor who were good defenders.
    - The way the Rockets dealt with their first real test this season.

D-rock likes this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This one is really cool, from Stotts, who has one of the best defenses in the league.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The death lineup will cause a lot of problems for the Pelicans. Clint should get ready mentally for this game, and be a part of it.

D-rock likes this.
  4. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Why should Clint get ready? He's not part of the death lineup. Remember, they must match up with us.

don grahamleone likes this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I hope he can help to create some turnovers and get out on the break to complement the death lineup. That boy is lacking confidence, he needs a
    good game. I do expect him to foul out against the massive Pelicans lineup, but it would be nice to see him accepting the challenge and trying his best.

6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Dude that was a lifetime ago! The roster has been turned over since then.

7. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Can anyone make out what PJ tells harden at the end? I am bad at reading lips but there is "the best" in there some where

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

3.5 years is not a lifetime bruh.

I hate Lillard and the blazers.

BigMaloe and don grahamleone like this.
  9. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Some of us still can't forget 97.

BigMaloe and Hakeemtheking like this.
  10. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Jeez, Tuck is a beast... he like Harden on steroids.

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

QFT... Fake Rockets fan.

You should see him bend and contort to defend Roy Moore on his twitter page, where he has no followers, gets zero replies, and basically just echoes things to himself. It is supremely creepy and truly shows that his distorted persona permeates all facets, not just basketball.

#31 RudyTBag, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  12. joeson332

joeson332 Member

the NBA is really changing man.
    Who would have though 5-6 years ago you wouldnt see a true center during crunch time

13. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

The rockets did with chuck Hayes

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

your best wasn't not enough you needed to go super saiyan for us to win

Beardaholic13 and houstonstime like this.
  15. BigMaloe

After the game they talked and during the game they talked about 3 times. It honestly appears as if harden made a mistake defensively and tucker was calling him on it at first. But they talked multiple times so it makes me feel like there was a disagreement on who was at fault.

After the game harden tried shaking tucks hand and I’m guessing squash it, to which tuck left him hanging, said something stern and walked away.
    My guess is that tuck is holding harden accountable and that it’s something they easily settled in the locker room.

Felt similar to the draymond calling out durant thing last year without all the theatrics but done rather discreetly and how it should be done. Within the locker room and team.

Beardaholic13 likes this.
  16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

yeah, would be interested in what he says here.

Video set to the chat at the end.

BigMaloe likes this.
  17. vlaurelio

really? harden just scored 48 and single handedly destroyed the blazers to offset Ryno's no-show and Ego, Nene, LMM ineffectiveness and first thing in tuckers mind is james' "mistakes"

18. BigMaloe

Look I defend harden just as much as you, I’m simply stating what it appears to be happening.

Yes he had another brilliant game. Superb performance.

Doesn’t meant he can’t make a mistake or that the team can’t hold him accountable for something that was likely an extremely small detail.

19. basketballholic

I didn't say definitively that they'll let Capela go. I said they're most likely gonna trade him. Either at the deadline or as a sign-and-trade this summer. IF.......if they keep him it will be because they leveraged his restricted free agency into a smaller contract, say somewhere between 5/50 to 5/70. A contract in that range is tradeable for Capela. But you give him $100+ million and he could easily become a boat anchor.

I will be shocked if we give Capela more than around $75 million.

Better stay tuned in on Noel, DJ, and DeMarcus. I heard too much chatter this summer about these three guys along with Capela that there's no way everything I heard was false rumors. All 4 players could very well be moved by the deadline in the great center shuffle.

20. vlaurelio

agree

I'm just thinking the physical limitations of NBA players to play godly on offense and perfectly on defense night in and night out

maybe if Morey & MDA can still find a way to limit James to similar minutes per game as KD and Steph and comeup with a rest strategy