1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[#DearWhitePeople] Quit Going To Africa To Help People

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

... and I thought stopping clutch community was bad

3. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

And deprive these leftist celebrities of one of the greatest virtue signaling excursions that they can possibly hope to exploit?

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL OP and Mojo SJWs now???

No Worries likes this.
  6. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

Anyone that wants to help people, should be able to help people. One person opinion about a certain race/color/creed/religion shouldn't help people in need seems bigoted.

You are being somewhat vague in the OP. I do not know if you are serious with the thread title.

Should English men and women not help impoverished Africans if they mean well?

Are you alluding this is all for show?
    But yet they still help raise awareness and capital to help impoverished areas. Is that wrong?

Or...

Can the issues facing many African countries only be solved from within?

If I can help anyone at any time, I will do so. Although my heart isn't forged of stone and metal, chiseled with the blade of identity politics as some here seem to have.

ramotadab and jcf like this.
  7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I think white people should stop going there and spreading their overdone pictures of them kickin' it with impoverished African kids because it makes a great virtue signaling Instagram pic. Helping people shouldn't be a problem though and having the photo of you with people you met isn't a prob. One has to wonder though if the person doesn't get the photo in order to just show their own worth and value as a great person for helping others.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Just keep the Pedophiles
    and sex traffickers away

Rocket River

DFWRocket likes this.
  9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I do think we should stop attaching strings to aid, either help them or not, but we need to stop attaching demands to behave in a way we consider acceptable to receive that aid.