1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dear [insert name of your own personal Higher Power)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GladiatoRowdy, Sep 19, 2005.

1. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Well, gang, it is around two weeks until training camp. I was hoping that I would be off the week of training camp, but my paternity leave will be interrupted by one full week of work and it just so happens that it will be the week of training camp. My plan to masquerade as a member of the press to stalk the Rox during the lead up to what I hope will be a fantastic season is done in by the most mundane thing possible.

Anyway, here is my prayer for the beginning of the season...

Dear God,
    Please protect us from harm,
    Please help us to be humble,
    Please guide us along our path...

Please help our chemistry continue from last year and allow us to come together as a team.
    Please help Yao know that getting in a referee's face will not cause too much karmic debt in the grand scheme of things.
    Let there be 'Stro and please help him to be all he can.

I thank you for the successes of the past even more than I thank R2k for the video of said successes.

And I thank you for seeing fit to plant the seed that sprung forth in Naismith to give us this beautiful game.

Amen

2. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Dear Lord:

Please just let this offseason end!

Amen!

3. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

Dear Senator Hillary,

Please let me keep enough of my own money so I can afford really good tickets this year. Oh yeah, and one hot dog and a beer.

Your servant,

Richirich
    :D

4. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

Dear G-d:

Please don't let this board get political.

Amen.

5. daRox

daRox Member

dear Joseph Smith,

please let Yao & Tracy click more

6. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

Dear David Blaine,

Let your just hand guide us to victory over the Mavericks
    Guide T-Mac past Mrs. Christie on the perimeter
    Protect Yao from fatigue and foul trouble
    Please strike down the ankle of Tim Duncan
    I implore you, deliver the trophy to wear it belongs.

Amen

P.S. - Please let the federal government recognize us as a true religion.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Keep out players healthy...

8. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Dear Mr. Stern,

Thou art great. Remember thy chief servants and the keepers of your kingdom and deliver Yao from the noisome pestilence of phantom offensive fouls, 3 second calls, and defenders that weigh on your coming king of the east and have smitten him upon the cheekbone. Let them be ashamed and sore vexed of burdensome foul trouble, sky hooks, and slam dunks. Smite them with suspensions, and strip them bare of their zone defenses.

Dear Mr. Stern, in thee do we trust to restablish the fruited plain of verticality for the king of the east and his angels.

And remember the wickedness of the king of the north, how he flaunteth himself and destroyed the credibility of your judgment court with his constant bantering of emails and phone calls to your courtship regarding thy chosen ones. Make him to stink amongst his brethren, bring double shame on his head.

And forget not the error of the oppressors of the West, and their many boredoms. They have caused your name to be a stink amongst the sports gods by breaking the law of good field goal shooting percentage. They have turned up their nose to offense, Mr. Stern. They have made a mockery of the fast break, O great one. They are pretenders and boremonglers Mr. Stern. Erase their memory from us.

And forget not those that have raised up a standard. Remember the sweet savor of their victorious championships, and the faithfulness of your humble servants, Rudy and Hakeem, that their memory perish not. And reward thy chief servants TMac, Yao, and Van Gundy, with the glory that is reserved for thy blessed Trinity. Make them Three in One and One in Three and enlighten the eyes of the unbelievers to see the truth of thy glorious kingdom.

Thou art the greatest, Mr. Stern.

In Thy name we pray,

Nike ("Amen")

9. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

Cartman?

10. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

:D

This is funny.......I'll translate what comes to my mind, as soon as my dream is complete.
    For now, I must slumber and see what must shortly come to pass... :D

11. rvpals

rvpals Member

I pray that Yao will have no mercy and use his god-given gift to destroyed every opponents in his path.

12. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

Budha bless y'all

13. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

Dear Mark Cuban,

GO TO HELL!!!!!