1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[DC TV] Titans

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

2. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

Jontro likes this.
  3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

How come this wasnt talked about more? This show is good.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Nobody had that DC streaming service. Im guessing you discovered it on HBO Max.

5. donkeypunch

With the recent movies that DC came out with, I dont really blame anybody that didnt subscribe, but its on HBO Max now and people should watch it.

6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I was one of the few that signed up for DC Universe for this show, I thought both seasons were pretty great.....

TimDuncanDonaut and donkeypunch like this.
  7. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’m enjoying this. Also happy they went with a different actor for Chief in Doom Patrol. Fck this guy.

8. donkeypunch

Yeah, the latin douche they had in this one is very cringe

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

Laziest theme song ever though.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

not watching anything dc except free streaming. but i guess I'll cheggit out later.

11. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I was also in this group. I didn't care for Starfire, but otherwise liked the show.

GRENDEL likes this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

How does this compare with Doom Patrol?

I've seen neither.

13. donkeypunch

Way better than doom patrol imo.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  14. CCorn

CCorn Member

I preferred doom patrol.

Completely different shows.

Titans is a superhero show with action and romance.

Doom Patrol... is more like What We Do In the Shadows... It’s funny and weird as ****. Not much action.

Invisible Fan and seclusion like this.
  15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Not a ****ing chance. Doom Patrol is way better (especially the first season), and I liked both.

16. donkeypunch

Yeah... Well... That's like your opinion man...

Also, if I wanted to see a bunk ass cyborg that looks like a broke ass adrian peterson, I'd just watch a football game on whatever team he still plays for.

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I mean...Cyborg is weak, I'll give you that, but he's only one character out of a billion. If that's the biggest complaint you have...

Titans is a pretty generic superhero show. It's good, but at least Doom Patrol is doing something unique.

Also, the ending of Titans Season 2 was trash. Pure trash.

18. TimDuncanDonaut

In the comics, Cyborg' name is Victor Stone. His dad's name is Silas Stone

[​IMG]

donkeypunch likes this.
  19. TimDuncanDonaut

On Titans
    I subscribed to the DC service; one of the reasons was Titans. There weren't too many weekly shows that I tuned in for, but that was one. Compare to the CW DC shows, which do too many love-arcs, Titan is more my speed. It is edgier, more action and cuts out lot of the relationship drama.

On Doom Patrol

I don't mind the show being trippy or weird but it has to be 'good' weird. As in like, I don't have to understand everything, but I should enjoy whatever's on the screen.

Have a like/hate feeling on the show. I liked the Chief and Rita. Cyborg (as a character), having been in Teen Titans and Justice League, is kind of an A-lister; he added more interests with the DC fandom by being in the show with not very well known characters. As far as actor personally preferred him over Ray Fisher (Cyborg in the JL movies). Beastboy, being in Titans, couldn't really be used in Doom Patrol, so he only had a few cameos earlier on.

The turn off for me is Jane and her multiple personality; too much over-acting. In some episodes, I wanted to skip over her scenes. To a lesser degree, also didn't like Brandon Frasiers as Cliff. When he (and Jane) do their dialogues, they do it in such a whiny tone. Not sure if that's the director or the script, but the actors don't do that as much in Orange is the New Black (Diane Guerrero) or Frasier in his earlier movies. Since both those characters aren't fringe characters and takes up major screen time; it's not high on my list.

Have a circle of friends who follow everything DC, they enjoyed Jane and Robotman; it is really one of those things where people's opinions just differ. Popularity and critics-wise, it is considered an underdog hit.

As far DC originals: my current list is Titans > Swamp Thing (cancelled - 1 season) > Stargirl (wholesome, in a good way; Luke Wilson is quite good for the role) > Doom Patrol

#39 TimDuncanDonaut, Jan 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    donkeypunch likes this.
  20. donkeypunch

I just didn't care for the actors or characters all that much. Like @TimDuncanDonaut posted above, I don't need some intricate story line that introduces a new character every other show, warps you to another world and have a goat that represents something bigger. Although I did enjoy Watchmen- being unique without doing too much.

Being generic has its upsides. Sometimes, I want to turn my brain off and just watch a live action comic show like I could skim through a comic book. I will agree that ending for titans season 2 was really super weak and I didn't like jorah being BW, but there were hot actresses, a good story, good villain and good action.