1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dare I Say...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by coachbadlee, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

He must stay, he just needs to accept help for the offense. Maybe he finally has.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  2. Sajan

Sajan Member

Here we go....again.

How about we start these threads during the off season?
    See what we do in the playoffs first..

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Playoffs Brian. Playoffs.

4. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

Could easily be 5-1. That Saints game was such a bummer.

5. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

6-0 if BoB doesn’t call that ridiculous Hopkins Pass in the red zone vs Carolina

coachbadlee likes this.
  7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

BoB has made many questionable calls this season, but over the past two games he has been almost on point.

raining threes and red5rocket like this.
  8. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

What's funny about this - and, I mean, it's actually quite hilarious - is that you're doing *exactly* what you think @coachbadlee (and others) is doing: letting one game influence your opinion (in this case, last season's wild card game).

The Texans have won 15 of their last 22 regular season games. They are 18-10 with Desahun Watson starting overall. You can rain all over your own parade talking about Brian Hoyer or Connor Cook or whatever past transgression if you want but... Why?....

BO'B may ultimately prove to be a liability. But I've been saying this for more than a year now: as long as #4 is under center, the Texans have a chance to (fill-in-blank).

raining threes likes this.
  9. raining threes

Investing in the OL and them getting experience playing together, plus BOB simplifing the offense for Watson. is why they've improved.

10. liveguy

liveguy Member

iono, fam.

We shall see...

11. raining threes

The biggest change since the Pats game in Foxboro.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I have to say, just a few weeks ago, I was all aboard the "Fire Bill O'Brien" train. Yet there was always the question of who out there can do a better job? Yeah, we can throw around some names but none could say for certain they would be better. It feels nice to possibly not have to worry about any of that.

raining threes likes this.
  13. raining threes

4-2 this year when he has full control.

14. raining threes

Not just 3 new OL including two rookies did they add. But they also added two new RB's a TE and a new WR to the mix. It shouldn't be surprising that it's taking awhile for the offense to come together.

With this said, the last two games they've played really crappy defenses. I expect Watson to have another good game this week. Not as good as the last two weeks but still very good. He needs to cut down on the int's the one he threw into double coverage was awful. The one where the two WR's were together was a screw up by the WR's and the Hopkins int was just bad luck. Scary good thing is Watson has a lot of room to improve.

15. raining threes

Yep, they are finally running a version of DW4's college offense and he's doing better. BOB wisely gave up on trying to teach DW4 the EP system. There are plenty of deep routes there to be run, two of DW4's ints were on deep throws and WFV also dropped a couple of long TD passes.

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

What are you talking about? My opinion (and the OP's opinion) have nothing to do with who QB1 is. It's about the incompetency of the HC despite how good Watson is.

I'm glad the Texans have been "successful" in terms of W-L, but it's clear that, when you actually watch these games, BoB is a terrible coach. However, just because you can say Houston has won 15/22 or that they're 18-10 with Watson, doesn't mean BoB isn't a terrible coach. Sometimes, pure talent wins out despite the coaching.

Yet, it takes great coaching and great players to make it far in the postseason. I don't think you can name an NFC champion or AFC champion that's had a dumb coach who lucked into making it that far.

I mention last week's KC-IND game (not last season's wild card game...where did that come from?) because the Chiefs that scored 24 on us, only scored 13 on IND. So I think the IND game coming up will be good because 1) their defense is better than KC and 2) they're a divisional rival. Winning the Chiefs game was good because of big-picture AFC seeding, but winning the first of two Colts games will be great for a potential first-round bye + not needing to go through wild-card.

17. raining threes

Agreed with most of this post except Watson is nothing like Brady when it comes to reading defenses.

18. raining threes

The reason the Texans are doing better since they have better talent. Funny how that works.

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

Not sure what you and @Hey Now! are exactly arguing, here. A football team can still be successful in the regular season in spite of a bad coach. Just like a football team can be bad, in spite of a good one.

20. raining threes

A team can make a SB despite having a bad HC. See: Seifert, Billick, Fox, Fassel etc...

Talent covers a lot of ills and the Texans weren't very talented over the three previous seasons.