1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Danuel house IS Overrated here.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Feb 14, 2019.

1. clos4life

clos4life Member

48% while playing next to harden, 27% while in the G-league. House didn't carry the offensive load while allowing him to rebound and defend with more energy, being placed in a system ideally suited for his strengths.

Yes, 110% playing next to Harden upped his game while playing next to scrubs instead of a transcendent superstar lowered his game.

D-rock, CHI and Deckard like this.
  2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

At Small Forward yes.

EGo is barbeque chicken vs SF's. Gordon may score more than EGo but House takes away more in the form of intangibles or plus/minus.

Get out of here with your EGo will keep 7 foot Durant from killing us when it counts.

EGo doesn't even guard SG's very well.

Steph Curry is pretty good, doesn't mean I want him playing SF.

3. csc177

csc177 Member

we were playing some of our best basketball when House was in the starting lineup as the 3

dfbreyes likes this.
  4. s3ts

s3ts Member

I'm desperate enough that if Morey brought Jason Terry back or something, I would be open minded to it.

I am past the point of panic. Its like staring at the corner of the room, looking for some answer to the question on the test, hoping theres a cheatsheet laying around.

topfive likes this.
  5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This has nothing to do with my point. I was talking about criticizing specific things the FO did, not general happiness or unhappiness.

CHI likes this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

If House was such a great intangible guy how come he got cut from his two previous teams? Didnt even stay for more than 1 year but somehow his intangibles are better than a seasoned vet who git paid 18M 2 years ago.

EGO won't keep away 7 ft Durant...are you saying House will lock him up? LOLOLOLOL!

I would have Steph Curry at SF rather thab House at SF. Are you saying you think House is better than Curry at SF?

GtFO!

D-rock and CHI like this.
  7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

How often do you want to repeat your criticism? How many days this season have you voiced your unhappiness?

Do the Rockets make you unhappy? Yes or no?

If yes, then grow a brain and quit following them.
    If no, then what's the problem?

CHI likes this.
  8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

:confused:

The Rockets do not make me happy or unhappy. That's not why fans follow a sport team. If I wanted to be happy, I'd go to Disney World. :p

Go ask sport fans why they follow their team. How many do you think would answer, "Because it makes my happy!" LOL

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

O.K., I'll ask. . . . Why do you follow your team?

smp likes this.
  10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Players have to get good at some level. Some players take time to mature. LeBron was mature by 8th grade while other
    players take time. Whiteside was an example of a guy cut many times prior to making it. Beverley was cut by Miami
    before going to Russia to develop. Etc, etc. It’s not when House will develop anymore, but with what team will he end up
    with?

Gordon was injury prone prior to Rockets and is more susceptible to injuries playing against SF’s. This is a reason
    we try to avoid EGo at SF. Here you can see play by position by basketball-reference.com
    https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/HOU/2019.html (drop down to “play-by-play”
    Eric Gordon.........36%(PG)..........62%(SG)............2%(SF). With a plus/minus of +3.3 (on court), +2.2 (off court)
    House..................5%(SG)............57%(SF)............38%(PF). With a plus/minus of +7.1 (on court), +6.3 (off court)
    Shumpert.............13%(PG)..........49%(SG)............37%(SF). With a plus/minus of — 11.9 (on court), — 14.5 (off court)
    I cut Shumpert some slack because those are numbers of only 3 games with the Rockets.

Intangibles........learn them.

I can put out there a bunch of 4’8” players that run circles around the opposition and score 130 points a game; but
    what good does it do me if the opposition abuse those players for 160 points. Overdramatizing for the sake of
    argument.....but same concept is taken. You might just be looking at offensive stats.......two sides of the NBA
    game are important on the whole. Offense & Defense.

Giving up more points (especially easy points) than obtaining is a losing proposition. I’ve seen the Rockets
    get over 18 three pointers and lose to the Pelicans recently. All offense and no defense is not a winning proposition in most cases.

#90 ApacheWarrior, Feb 15, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol you are the one "over dramatizing" here.

Who knows more about basketball you or the entire NBA? Because the entire NBA determined EGO's market value is 18M a year whereas House went undrafted and then got cut by 2 different teams. If House was so mature and has so many intagibles why is he shooting 28% from 3 in the G League?

Using +/- for 22 games, wow you are really smart you do realize plus minus depends on your backups right? The entire team was injured when House was around don't you think that would've factored in plus and minus?

I really hate people who use stats in a half baked way to make themselves look smart. Telling me to learn about intagibles when talking about ******* Danuel House? LOL! 28% from 3 in the G League, thats a tangible stat for you!

Btw Danuel House is all of 3 inches taller than Eric Gordon. You think that makes a big difference when guarding 7'1 Kevin Durant?

"Danuel House is better than Eric Gordon, James Harden and Stephen Curry"
    -Apache Warrior 2019

Just make that your quote dude, since you keep saying House at SF is better than all those other players.

12. bj3175

bj3175 Member

If we look at our roster players have been pieced in all year. Needy folks cannot be choosy you cant expect a championship effort when you want to hold all the leverage. Pay the guy the minimum 2 years guaranteed and get on with it if the guy proves himself at that point he gets a bigger deal

++++

13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Geez— using your logic Ryan Anderson is worth $21 million and Hassan Whiteside is worth $24 million.

14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Is Carmelo Anthony still worth $25 million? The market set that total, right?

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The simple answer: because I love the team.

You know there is a name for people who follow sport team for happiness: Fair weather fans.

Anyway, I have a feeling that we are talking over each other's head because we are addressing two different things. I am addressing the notion that fans are not qualified to judge the professional front office people and/or coaches because we don't know better than them. I call it BS because we judge professional performance all the time in almost all aspects of life.

16. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

It wasn’t just House in the starting lineup. It was the combination of House AND Rivers in the starting lineup where the Rockets were playing some really good basketball.

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Aw, you love the team but it doesn't make you happy. That is true love!
    I love the team too. And it does make me happy.

Now that we both love the Rockets and I am happy and you are neutral. . . . I agree that you can judge anyone you want to! Judge away, Judge!
    But I maintain that it is foolish to "love" something that does not bring you happiness. And CF is becoming the record of many people's love without happiness.

Easy likes this.
  18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

cont’d
    Again using your logic House deserves as much as Gordon Hayward then:
    Hayward (18/19): 26 mins......44%(FG%)..........34%(3P%)..........11.2 pts/gm..............$31 million
    House as starter: 29 mins.......49%(FG%).........48%(3P%)..........11.0 pts/gm..............peanuts

Makes no sense for people calling House overrated while making peanuts. Dude is clearly out performing his contract.

SF’s putting up modest numbers nowadays and still get $15 million. House will be brought in on practically the last day, just prior to the playoffs.....under a minimal/pro-rated deal. He will be playing for a contract
    this summer so I have no doubt he will try his best. He will probably out price the Rockets budget at that time. I would give him $7-$8 mil but some team will probably give him $10-$15 million. I said the same about Ariza this past summer and it came true.

Rockets are not the only team with a facilitator that need perimeter shooting. House benefits having Harden/Capela;
    but Harden/Capela benefit from having that 48% from 3-pt line as well. Both feed off of the spacing.

19. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Really? It’s weird, I’m actually totally ok with where we’re at right now. I mean we are only 4 losses behind 3rd seed. We have had a fair number of injuries and had one of the worst starts ever.
    Did I expect more before the season started? Absolutely. But a month into the season, I would have been ecstatic if you told me we would be close to having home court in the first round.

It would be foolish to say we’re locks to beat anyone but the Warriors, but would you actually be surprised if we ended up winning a playoff series against Denver, OKC, Utah or Portland?

We definitely lost more games than I would have liked the past couple of weeks, and I do think Harden has become a little lackadaisical with concentrating on team wins with this whole streak, but I doubt that would happen in the playoffs. He knows what’s up.

I would have liked Markieff, but the fact that OKC got him doesn’t make me say “damn, thats gonna separate them from us.”

I don’t think any more buyout candidates are coming our way but if we work things out with House I’m ok with that.

I also think with experience we’re actually more ready for the Warriors this year. Not saying we should beat them, they’ll be ready for us, but if we took a step back this year the step doesn’t involve how we compete against those f**kbois

#99 Zoplicone, Feb 15, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member