1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D'Anthony Melton Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Aug 31, 2018.

1. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

This guy is looking for money. I think Brandon knights is better than him.

2. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

I don’t understand what we got from thus trade , so we traded Anderson who spaced the floor at least and a promising young talent for an injured player and a bust that sits on the bench. If anything Ryno could have been an expiring after this season and could have been traded easily.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Uh oh...Melton starting to break out, looking like a young Chauncy Billups!

MOREY!!!

[​IMG]

napalm06 likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Melton is in one of the better situations for a rookie.

He is on a bad team but has opportunities, minutes to play.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Agreed, never know how much being on a horrible team like that affects ones play (Ala ROY MCW)

Still, it's worrisome as a Rockets fan. an ISO buzzer beater to force OT against a top-seeded team is impressive. More so, he's hitting 3's, considering his natural defensive abilities, this could be a great sign for his future.

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's not a bad situation here either had he been not traded.

Could have stayed for one year, trained with 2 HOF PGs (1 Combo Guard).

7. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

If you could pick either him or Mikal Bridges for your fantasy team, which would you pick and why? Assume Ariza is gone within a month.

8. Boki4MvP

Boki4MvP Member

Boy is ballin. Just picked him up for my fantasy team. Put tt on il.

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

ryno was awesome player ppl just whined about him because he was being paid a lots
    great rebounder solid defense team player quick passer team player always positive low maintenance no diva

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Have you ever watched "Ryno" play basketball?????????

saleem and acsorelle4 like this.
  11. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Melton can play.
    I have no doubt about that.
    He is a second round pick that is of lottery pick quality.
    Allowed us to move Anderson’s contract. Anderson was unplayable for a contending team.
    He was pushed to 3rd or 4th string backup center last season.

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Rockets broke up that elephant contract of Anderson’s
    into two smaller contracts of Knight/Chriss. Easier to move now......one bite at a time.

12. gotsis

gotsis Member

Until we actually move Knight or Chriss for more depth or one of them helps out on the court, it will go down as a bad trade. At least RA could help us rebound and we are playing G league guys, Melton would be better than them. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20 - at the time of the trade I also thought it was a good move.

fryjol7 likes this.
  13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Good for him. He is finally starting to show his promise. Alas it's not on the Rockets. If Knight was completely healthy and ready to go, I wouldn't have cared about it.

#53 saleem, Dec 12, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I hope so, Apache. I hope so...

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

16. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I’m not super high on ryno but that trade looks terrible.

Basically made it to save 5m because chriss is an expiring this summer.

Ryno has been bad in PHX but who knows he was decent here for 1.5 season till the last injury that clearly shook his confidence.

Melton, we could use that kid with the guys we’re playing.

I think Knight If healthy will def be an asset but the reality is he hasn’t played and it’s been almost 2 full years since he last logged nba minutes. That’s a scary thought.

I fill like ryno as of right now would help this team. He spaced the floor and was good for 2-4 made 3s a game, that’s quite a bit of added value to our team.

clutchdabear and napalm06 like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Anthony Mel(t)on

18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Knight is due to play next week. Possibly moved as soon as this Saturday. I’m of the few that think Knight can help
    our team offensively, but reserve judgement on his defense. I know he scores well. If we trade him, I’m ok with that
    knowing the size of his contracts brings back possibly 1 or 2 quality role players that can contribute.

As far as RA, you and I saw two different people. Accord8ng to basketball-reference.com
    Ryan Anderson played in only 10 of the last 24 regular season games of 17/18 season. When he did play
    in those 10 games: ........17.6 mins..........5.6 pts..........3.3 rebs
    House (7 games): ..........18.4 mins..........8.1 pts..........3.0 rebs [ I throw out the first game since he played a G-league
    .....................................................................................................game earlier in the day in another city]

Ryan Anderson is so good that a bad team is giving him:
    (15 games) 18.5 mins.....31.7% (FG%)....37.5% (eFG%)........3.0 rebs........3.7 pts

I would rather play the more athletic G-league player than a tall guy that lacks lateral quickness.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

what a terrible trade

clutchdabear and Little Bit like this.
  20. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Trade becomes terrible when we are not able to trade/play knight (moreso) or chriss.. Because we would be in a better situation with Ryno (possibly chemistry) and melton. Now if we can get anything for the other guys.. We have a chance.. but it’s not looking very good.