1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas Keuchel placed on DL

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by J.R., May 20, 2017.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

#1 J.R., May 20, 2017
    Last edited: May 20, 2017
    mikol13 likes this.
  2. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Freaking Sports RV curse!!

mikol13 likes this.
  3. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

A pinched nerve in the neck sounds really bad. How would that heal in 10 days?....this could be very bad

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Ahhh, there's that other shoe. Houston sports..... It's relentless.

5. conquistador#11

Really? Jjwatt the year before when I listened. dude should be stopped from doing interviews with the city's best athletes. Go interview Lindor you bald mo fo.

Hope Dallas is ok after the DL stint. I don't like the word nerve in anything.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  6. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

And so it begins...

DudeWah likes this.
  7. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

No RV, is Ross Villarreal not Matt Thomas; RV's show is on now and he was just taking a call with someone talking about Dallas and RV had to stop him to break the news..

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Maybe this will make the Stros more inclined to go get a good pitcher to replace Fiers.

9. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

immediate freak-out posts. This isn't too bad. Of all injuries possible, this is

- not arm/elbow
    - only 1-2 starts
    - not something that is typically recurring
    - and is coming at a time when we have the best record in baseball (as opposed to last year's start, when something like this would have been a huge issue)

Daddy Long Legs, Plowman and mikol13 like this.
  10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

If this is why he only pitched 6 innings against the Marlins, it makes more sense... of course the line at the time was that they were trying to give him "extra rest" in a game that was well decided.

11. awc713

awc713 Member

Cole me

mikol13 likes this.
  12. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

im a doctor. just stop pinching the nerve. fixed

Houstunna and dmoneybangbang like this.
  13. jsingles

jsingles Member

Still a blow, although this team's offense is up for a few shoot outs if needed. I was hoping Keuchel would win 22-24 games, missing any puts that in jeopardy. An all-time season like 23-3 sub 2 ERA could have been in the works.

14. the shark

the shark Member

I've had a pinched nerve in my neck numerous times over the years. It's certainly painful and I could definitely understand not being able to pitch with one. That said it's also something that can be fixed with daily therapy, and thus why he's been put on the DL and will miss a start.

Unless there's more to this then they're letting on this shouldn't be anything to freak out over.

texans1095 and mikol13 like this.
  15. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Way to piss in my Cheerios

16. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

The Astros always seem to keep the severity of injuries quiet. Hope it's not lingering or serious. This would obviously be a killer.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Dallas Keuchel: "Little bit more precautionary than usual. If I had to I could probably go out there and pitch.

"It's tough because I feel like I have a high pain tolerance. It doesn't feel very good." Hopes to make his start next Saturday

"I'd like to think I'm just going to miss 1 start."

"MRI on my neck. There was really no diagnosis other than the nerve. It's very inflamed.They want me to take a few days off"

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I believe that's what that was. A pinched nerve in the neck very easily could've happened while sleeping. Probably just happened within the last day or 2 and since the DL is only 10 days now, they figured they could get a spot start out of Peacock and give him some rest. I don't mind if he skips a start or 2 if that means he's that much more rested come Sept/Oct.

texans1095 likes this.
  19. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have a feeling we're going to be seeing a lot of "pinched nerves" throughout the year from both Keuchel and McCullers. I am just fine with them missing starts every now and then going forward to keep their innings down. The other good thing is...maybe we have something in Peacock? I know how unlikely that is...but there's a chance we can find somebody (Peacock, Martes, Paulino, Devo, Feliz, whoever) who can take Fiers's place in the rotation.

wouldabeen23 likes this.
  20. MSBRockets

MSBRockets Member

This is not the end of the world. On the positive end of things, it is a long season. Giving Keuchel's arm a few days of extra rest now could be big down the road. Until and unless this is deemed more serious, to me.. a few extra days of can actually be a blessing in disguise for Keuchel considering how much we will need to rely on him later in the season and hopefully through the playoffs.

Also, this gives us a chance to see what Peacock can do. Maybe he can overtake Fiers spot when Keuchel comes back.