1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas Cowboys Second Round 2019

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by seemoreroyals, Jan 12, 2019.

1. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Looking forward to seeing how the Cowboys perform tonight against the Rams. They have not won more than one playoff game in a season since 1996 unless I am forgetting something. It's probably going to continue with the Rams favored by 7 points but it's a football game and you never know.

I think if the Cowboys are going to have any success their OL is going to have to control the line of scrimmage. That's going to be a big ask trying to block against Aaron Donald, Suh, and others. Their OL used to be the best in football but in the past few years due to retirements, injuries, and free agency they are inconsistent at best. They are going to have to create some holes for Zeke Elliot to do his thing so that all of the pressure is not on Dak Prescott.

Throughout this year they have been guilty of far too many false starts and OL holding calls that stop key drives at the worst possible time. If that happens today they have no chance against the Rams defense. The OL is going to have to play a near perfect game to give Dallas a chance to beat the Rams.

On the defensive side of the ball Dallas is fielding the best team they have had in years. They will have their work cut out for them trying to stop Todd Gurley, Jared Goff, and the talented Rams offense. If I were betting on this game I do not have a feel for this game at all. I just don't see Jason Garrett having them coming out fully motivated ready to capture the moment and control both sides of the lines of scrimmage like a coach such as Jimmy Johnson would.

We will see. Dallas is a young team. I read somewhere that they do not have a single starter on either side of the ball that is over 30 years of age. I did not think they would beat NOLA earlier this year but somehow they did. They will need that type pf effort tonight to pull off an upset against the Rams. It is not likely but it is doable. Looking forward to at the very least a competitive game on the part of the Cowboys.

BigMaloe likes this.
  2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I hope my favorite team growing up beats the living crap out of everyone’s favorite team.

Go Rams!

seemoreroyals likes this.
  3. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

I am glad to see the Rams relevant again. They should have a good team for a long time as long as the owner does not do something stupid like get rid of the HC due to ego problems like Jerry Jones did with Jimmy Johnson.

Roc Paint likes this.
  4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Go Rams

Roc Paint likes this.
  5. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Will not watch!
    #FireObrien

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Don't feel great about it (happening) but Cowboys will upset the Rams.

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Cowboys plan to negotiate a long-term extension with coach Jason Garrett in the offseason. Garrett's under contract through the 2019 season, but the Cowboys want to work with him towards an extension reportedly worth upwards of $8 million per year. It was only the beginning of November when Garrett was speculated to be coaching for his job, and now it sounds as if he'll be Dallas' head coach for the foreseeable future. While that certainly makes him clap endlessly, Garrett was undoubtedly out-coached at every turn this year and only showed life once the front office made staffing changes to surrounding coaches and coordinators. Garrett's last extension (which will be outdone) was a five-year deal worth $6 million annually.

#6 J.R., Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  7. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I'm not overly optimistic but there defense is and has been really underrated. They are a good unit.

If we can control the clock like we were able to against the saints we should win.

My 2 keys to winning are:
    -Control the clock
    -Defense holds the rams to FGs

seemoreroyals likes this.
  8. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Bold prediction. Hope you are right. However do not like the implication in regards to Garrett within your spoiler. I would rather have a head coach with a mind of his own than a Jones puppet. That is what we have in Garrett.

9. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Los Angeles punished the Dallas defense all night

BigMaloe, Astrodome and seemoreroyals like this.
  10. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Either Dallas is overrated on defense or Rams are much better on offense than I thought they were. Typical end to a mediocre Dallas season. I think we now have 4 wins in the postseason in the past 25 years but not more than one per season.

11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lmao

Roc Paint likes this.
  12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I think history is telling us Cowboys won't be in the playoffs next season. They don't tend to do well after winning a division crown. And, the schedule will be tougher. The NFC East crown will likely go back to the Eagles next season. And, Houston will be in the same boat as the Cowboys. Next season will not be good for Texas NFL teams.

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

The Cowboys defense got run over and left as roadkill.

Roc Paint likes this.
  14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Rams had the second best offense in the league. Dallas just isn't good enough.

BigMaloe and seemoreroyals like this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bears would have beaten the Rams ;) ... if not for that trash ass kicker! :mad:

16. Surfguy

I don't think there was anything left to qualify as roadkill. The Rams ran over them many, many times...and then ate what was left. There were some blood stains left maybe but the Rams might have licked those up, too.

17. Major

Major Member

Dallas defense forced a 3rd and long with a chance to get the ball back with a chance to tie the game with 2 minutes and 2 timeouts to go on the road vs one of the 3 or 4 elite teams in football. I think they did about as well as could be hoped. Rams are just a tier better of a team.

18. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I'm quite sure Cowboys wasn't ready for CJ Anderson, who was cut by 2 non-playoff teams this season.

19. Surfguy

I love it when a team gets smoked and then seems to be happy about their future going forward in the post-game afterward. Cowboys don't seem all that upset. Why should we be? Just another day in the life of a Cowboys fan. Garrett preaches perfection in how the Cowboys approach the game. Well, your defense was perfect in allowing them to run all over you. Congrats! And, you get a big fat long contract for it. Perfect!

20. juanm34

juanm34 Member

[​IMG]