1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Dahntay Jones proposes Lebron for EG+Capela+Pj Tucker trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hcw128, May 13, 2019.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

I prefer this remain Harden's team. However, we need higher quality talent across the board. So the idea is sound. I just prefer not to do it this way. If Lebron comes here we get older and we are just another super team.

RudyTBag likes this.
  2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

if we not gonna rebuild, then might as well trade for Lebum. At least it'll be entertaining to see all the drama surrounding him on ESPN 24/7.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Hypothetically, would you trade CP3 to LA if they strike out or bring LerBon to Houston for one last run?

Lakers could reportedly risk losing LeBron James if they whiff in free agency and trade market this offseason

Speaking on The Sedano Show, Bill Plaschke of the Los Angeles Times and ESPN's Dave McMenamin both said they have reason to believe the Lakers are skating on thin ice with LeBron, who could feasibly want to part ways with the Lakers prematurely should they fail to put together a championship-contending roster in the very near future. Here are the comments worth noting from the show:

Bill Plaschke: I'm hearing that if they whiff on free agency, and if they whiff on a trade, which I don't know how likely that is, but if that happens, they've got big trouble with LeBron. I mean the LeBron era could be over before it starts here.

Dave McMenamin: Everyone I speak to associated with LeBron, they are holding the rope for now, and all they can do is be positive because this is going to be a crucial five-week stretch. But on the other side of that, if it's July 10th in Los Angeles and it's Nic Vucevic [that the Lakers have had to settle for], or whomever does not meet the criterion of bringing in a star who can make them an immediate contender, you could only imagine where things could go.

Plaschke: I heard this for the first time yesterday, somebody very connected said 'You know what, if they whiff, LeBron's going to say either I'm out of here or get me out of here, or the Lakers just might as well just get him out of here.' So this is huge.

D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. topfive

topfive CF OG

LeBron for CP3? In a heartbeat. Faster if possible.

He's got a cheaper contract: $1M cheaper next year, $2M the year after, and even his player option year after that is $3M cheaper than CP3's final year.

Not to mention that he's a much better player at this point in their careers.

baller4life315 likes this.
  5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

It's all for show. LeBron don't give a damn about winning anymore. If he did he wouldn't have gone to LA last summer in the first place. He could have joined Philly and be in a better position to win another title.

For LeBron, this is just his pre-retirement phase. Make money while he still can, live in a place with nice weather year round, be closer to his off-court projects, etc. And if for some reason the Lakers stumble into acquiring big name free agents, then LeBron will "try" and go for it all. Otherwise, it'll be "The Lakers organization failed to build a team around LeBron" and James will have a Get Out of Jail free card at his disposal. This all further proves that LeBron James is a genius on the court as well as off the court.

6. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

LeBron won’t want to leave LA at this point in his career.

Given that he never even remotely considered us in free agency, I could totally see him sabotaging any potential trade that would land him here.

RyanB likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

No, keeping CP3, keeping Harden, bringing in LerBon
    or you get the chance to dump CP3/contract to LA if they strike out.

8. edwardc

edwardc Member

Agreed if he wanted to be here he would have signed here when he was a FA this is all just smoke and mirrors.

baller4life315 likes this.
  9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like how people on tv can make up trades in their heads and have all these people respond like there's a chance in hell it's happening.

PlayBall and smp like this.
  10. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Not for this trade. The trade Will Cain Proposed LBJ for Harden, doesn't make much sense for Houston. LBJ would have to demand a trade Houston for this trade to maybe work, which as of today is doubtful.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You realize these people have to talk about lebron

RyanB and xiki like this.
  12. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I agree with most of this, but wonder if LeBron isn't disappointed he won't be able to win more titles to challenge the MJ GOAT crowd? You're probably right, its all about setting the stage for his after bball life.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Or is it LA dun want Lerbon?

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Nah, much of this is wrong IMO.

Where LBJ blew it was trusting one of my Mount Rushmore players of all time's, Earvin Johnson, vision and ability to exercise same.

I would receive LeBron w/open arms if traded with 2 of their Lotto/Ingram/Kuzma for my dear and beloved JEHj. Not straight up, but w/2 more positive assets + an ability to maximize CP3.

15. today

today Contributing Member

I was cool with getting LBJ last summer, but after all of the leaks about Harden not wanting to play with him, now it seems like it would be a train wreck. And there's no way that I want to lose Tuck in any deal, we gotta have his mental toughness to win a championship.

16. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Yall are freaking crazy if yall wouldn't do this deal.

LeBron is still top 5 in this league and hasn't really shown to slow down at all. He was shut down by the Lakers because as soon as they were out of playoff contention they were in tank mode.

17. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

You can be a great but that doesn’t make it
    a match. This reminds me of when Barkley joined the Rockets.

The fact is, Harden needs the ball in his hands to be effective, as does CP3 and Lebron. Not saying they couldn’t work together at all but I think there are much better fits for the offense, and Id rather see us go after s young player or two to meet the team needs rather than getting locked in on another aging star with a fat contract. Not that I think this has a chance in hell of going down, I don’t.

18. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

... Can we trade Paul for LeBron? Somehow? Maybe...? He might have a sales pitch as a good influence on their young talent, right?

19. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Lol at the suggestion of trading Harden for Lebron. Harden is smack dab in his prime and 5 years younger. James will be 35-years-old two months into next season.

RyanB likes this.
  20. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

I swear some of you eat paint chips. Yes. The answer to any deal that doesn’t involve Harden that nets LeBron is always yes.
    Also, no freaking way they are trading LeBron.

LFE171 likes this.