1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dahntay Jones proposes Lebron for EG+Capela+Pj Tucker trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hcw128, May 13, 2019.

1. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Dahtay Jones not gonna be on ESPN long splitting that hogg wash.

amaru likes this.
  2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

3. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

I would be willing to include Tucker in the trade, but if Capela, Gordon and salary dumps get it done then even better.

4. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I agree. We got a bit of a doaching problem when it comes down to this

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Topfive will not get naked with Daenerys Targaryen.

lw17 likes this.
  6. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

I'd do EGo, Capella and a 1st rounder (or two) for Lebron. PJ showed some heart in the playoffs. Gordon was good but not efficient. Lets face it we are going nowhere without a significant change. Capela is good when James hits him with easy alley oops but he is soft and we should trade him while his value is high.

Paul
    Harden
    Lebron
    Tucker
    Faried or whoever else...

Y2JT likes this.
  7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Anthony Davis:D
    KD Lang

J.R. likes this.
  8. sogood.

sogood. Member

lmao Lakers would hang up laughing.

9. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

No chance this is happening but im bored so ill entertain it lol.

Trade capela, gordon, picks and whoever else for Lebron. Sign JJ Reddick, DJ, Shumpert (I think he's expiring but idk), Faried and Rivers.

CP3- Rivers
    Harden- Reddick
    Lebron- Shump
    Tucker- Faried
    DJ

Good veteran squad. Get a new coach (idk who). Let Harden do his thing in the regular season and rest lebron/CP3 regularly. Then let Lebron take over in the playoffs and let Harden be his "Wade" and hope CP3 can contribute somehow.

None of this is happening, its just 1230 am and im bored.

10. Rockets1897

Rockets1897 Member

Lakers are not trading Lebron. But you’re all deluded if you think this wouldn’t give us a better chance for a chip. Try double Harden then with Lebron being one pass away. You could find bunch of ring chasers for the MLE and minimum.

But this ain’t happening I think we will be running it back and look for an MLE signing and waiting for a potential second star trade that would include Gordon and picks. Although we should look to unload that scrub Capela for a player with more skills other than catching a lob.

11. blackistan

blackistan Member

Lebron ain't leaving LA he went there to be hollywood and he aint leaving

12. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

cp3 trade 1 on 1 is ok

13. houseofglass21

Already have Harden filling that role

lw17 likes this.
  14. malakas

malakas Member

so we are now going to seriously discuss the proposals any idiot makes?
    I rather discuss Bbballholic's trade ideas if it is so.

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I will say this. PJ Tucker’s trade value has never been higher and he’s 35. A playoff caliber team or a contending team would go crazy to get PJ Tucker. He’s a difference maker; does everything; plays his best in the clutch. Coaches kill for players like that.

If we were gonna blow this completely up and rebuild around Harden who is only 30, you start by trading Tucker, EG and do whatever you can to get CP3 off the books.

That gets u a clean slate with Harden and 25 yr old Capela (whom you could easily move if you wanted to). Gives you the space to sign max free agents outright. It’s a helluva free agent class.

I see the wisdom of running the core (CP,EG, PJ, Capela and Harden) out there for one last year given EG’s impending free agency. But not without adding another major piece in the front court. If they can’t add another significant piece to their core, they should blow up the team and get involved in this free agent market.

16. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

leborn can get ref help. warriors still have another 2 all stars in their position

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

I'd do it obviously. I'm also certain Morey would do it. Clearing your cap space of all role player contracts and being locked into Harden/CP3/Lebron only is a dream situation for our window and our flexibility. Painful to lose Tucker, but you gotta give something good to get something good, it's a trade not an acquisition.

C's: Hartenstein
    2/3/4's: Harden/Lebron/Clark/House
    PG's: Paul

You already have 6 of your 8-man playoff rotation set. Your glaring hole is at C. Split the MLE between a PG (Rivers?) and a C (O'Quinn?). Fill the rest with minimum and 2-way contracts (basically sign the 2 best shooters available for the minimum plus Gerald Green). That's the next 3 years, no need to worry about anything but the pieces around them. I think Tilman become a little less tight with his wallet because from a marketing standpoint this is now a monster.

Frankly with that roster you can go with a mediocre coach and win it at least once.

I don't think the Lakers would, but it's interesting because they would still have cap space and suddenly the Lakers are perfectly built for a superstar to slide in. There are other contenders who could compete with that offer too I think.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

do kids actually know who dahntay is? they be looking at him like, who he? he was the nobody scrubbing lerbon's underwear in cleveland.

19. izeroi

izeroi Member

This will not be happening. Sit down Dahntay Jones.

20. JW86

JW86 Member

Dumb-di-dee-dum-dumb