1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Washed up big time

2. PatBev

PatBev Member

I agree. It's almost unrealistic to think we can beat GS with just Harden and CP3

3. oelman44

oelman44 Member

How much would it cost in terms of money and our players? Doesn't seem like he would really be taking anyone's spot. I'm not 100% sure it's worth it and doubt it happens, just saying that brushing it off like we don't want him and there's no interest is crazy. If you're Morey, you're definitely at least thinking about it.

When you're in the business of trying to win a championship and are a top 3 team in the league, you load up on talented players that can be difference makers in the playoffs. Wade still grades as a positive player, and honestly, his 3 point shooting isn't as bad as advertised. He is a career 34.2% three-point shooter in the playoffs, and his regular season poor percentages have a lot to do with the quality of shots he's taking; end of the shot clock running hoists. I think he could improve that aspect of his game if he focused on it.

The bottom line is I'm asking myself this - does Dwayne Wade help us beat the Warriors? I think yes, absolutely. So why don't we want him?

4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

:rolleyes:
    To expand on this.

Both ariza and Gordon lead wade in the following categories:

2fg%
    3fg%
    Efg%
    Ts%
    Ortg
    O/WS
    WS
    Obpm

Ariza had better, but wade better than Gordon

D/WS
    Ws/48
    Dbpm
    Bpm
    Vorp

Wade lead both in a few categories.

Fg%(lol)
    Ppg
    Per
    Usage%
    Drtg
    FTs

But hey, you right @RasaqBoi hes waaaay more valuable

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

#84 BigMaloe, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    Reeko and FLASH21 like this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really concerned about the money. he isn't going to get paid big. adding someone like a d wade does mean he takes someones spot. he wants a significant role and that in turn bumps other guys who also wants to play their part.

And your question about him helping us beat the warriors? Id can't say its a definite yes bc he doesn't match up well against them. he can't run around chasing guys over screen after screen and he isn't going to lock anyone down at this stage of his career. btw his 3Pt shot is as bad as advertised but I don't hold it against him as much bc he still was a great player without it. and he overall knew the difference of when to take it and when not to.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Cleveland ... bleh

If I were him, with three rings, one that a won pretty much by myself, I'd just go back to Miami, the team who drafted me.

He went to Chicago, because he's from Chicago. I'm from Illinois, too Some fans might not fully appreciate what it's like growing up and playing HS basketball in Illinois... it's the #1 sport by a good margin. It's the movie Hoosiers, but with Chicago talent. It totally makes sense that he'd want to wear that Bulls jersey once. Now retire as a Heat, where you belong. Nice city, too.

DonKnock likes this.
  8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

He can always sign a 1day contract to retire with the heat. I'm sure he still wants to compete at the highest level.

If I were him I do Cleveland all day. It's a starting spot and clear playing time even when isiah comes back. Almost guaranteed trip to the finals and pass chemistry and friendship with lebron.

9. oelman44

oelman44 Member

At who's expense though? We don't have a legitamete backup PG, if anything he'd allow us to rest Harden/CP3 more in regular season

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

a true backup pg isn;t much of a priority when you have two guys that play an MDA pg position at an elite level. And wade at pg? not something thats ideal or efficient in a fast pace offense at this stage of his career

11. mockster

mockster Member

Cuz derrick rose is a bum or something

#91 mockster, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  12. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Just meant it seems we currently have a rotation of 9, and Wade would make it 10. CP3 or Harden would still man the PG at all times, as Morey said. 48 minutes of backcourt combinations involving one of/both CP3 and Harden with D-Wade and Eric Gordon sounds pretty good to me.

13. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Even with Melo it was probably unrealistic.

I hope DWADE signs with the Warriors. Gives a big EFF YOU to the entire league.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

its extremely tough to go that deep in a rotation on a nightly basis consistently. and Im talking about meaningful minutes. guys need to be able to get into a rhythm and find a certain comfort level. especially when the bulk of your bench is made up of veteran guys.

15. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

So Wade to Cleveland is basically a lock (but you know anything CAN happen i guess), the thing is Cleveland have too many garunteed roster spots and would need to trade for a NG or two.

So is there anyone on their roster that we coukd trade for? Maybe Frye? Or Korver? Looking at PG help they dont really have anyone in that department they can get rid of (and im hoping for the Trey Burke pick up).

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

@macan
    We already have one

DonKnock and Pen15clubber like this.
  17. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Wade will prefer the Cavs, they'll take a month negotiate the contract, then OKC will come in last minute & sign him for 7 dollars.

Little Bit likes this.
  18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'd take him for wing depth.

He would be a good (still pretty) athletic body to throw at the Warriors... especially Draymond.

That being said I doubt he comes here... I'm sure he ends up back with Miami.

19. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I feel like wade would ball out in the playoffs

20. Black Yoshi

Black Yoshi Member

Come on down... D wade