1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Please explain what you mean.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I’m a big critic, but the idea nobody can play golf (both Obama and trump) is dumb. You work, then you need a release. Trump not taking it seriously is of course a problem

joshuaao and B-Bob like this.
  3. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

By shaming I mean how I see articles calling people out for taking off the masks temporarily etc, traveling in lockdown. I don’t agree with people’s decisions in doing so but also think that shaming them publicly isn’t the right way to go about things. Also the golf thing I mentuone

B-Bob likes this.
  4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

He's probably only a couple weeks off, as evidenced by the daily death rate dropping fast. Would have beaten this thing much earlier had NYC tri-state area leadership not completely botched the response. They are responsible for nearly half of the deaths in the US. DeBlasio and Cuomo failed.

Astrodome likes this.
  5. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

This is wrong, in a closely packed city like NY only so much you can do. Besides your hero is the one that has called this a hoax, undermined the response

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Only so much you can do, like keeping positive Covid patients from going into nursing homes. Yeah, big ask.

Nook likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

I can agree with that to a point. I do believe that when we see packed bars, etc it is fair game to point out it is dangerous or reckless.

I didn’t care when Bush or Obama golfed and I don’t when Trump does.

It is all about playing the odds and limiting risky behavior while striking a balance.

rocketsjudoka and RayRay10 like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

Yes it was a dumb decision. It was also a decision in line with the federal guidelines enacted by the President leading up to the pandemic.

I also see where the President is saying nursing homes do not have to report any COVID19 deaths before May. Probably a good idea.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I only care about Trump playing golf due to it being at his own properties on the tax payers dime and that he called out Obama for it and is now doing it at a pace greater than Obama. If it was any other president taking a day or weekend to play a couple of rounds I wouldn't care.

It's a great way to force an influx of cash into a personally owned property during a recession.

joshuaao, pugsly8422, B-Bob and 5 others like this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

These are all factually true points. I suppose I tend to view it as towards the bottom of the list of issues with the Trump Presidency.

joshuaao, B-Bob, Pringles and 4 others like this.
  11. CCorn

CCorn Member

I could care less if the fat guy plays golf, he needs the exercise. Even the trolls in this group have a treadmill in their basement.

That said, it’s fun to make fun of this moronic hypocrite.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...p-golf-coronavirus-obama-ebola-sot-vpx-nr.cnn

joshuaao, Reeko, KingCheetah and 3 others like this.
  12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Heh... in the very tweet he whines about the media criticizing him for playing golf he complains that he had to take a few months off playing AND repeats his own criticism of Obama playing golf...

13. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Completely agree on where it lands.

14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Im a big fan of him playing golf, 10 hrs a day, every day through Jan 19, 2021.

RayRay10, B-Bob, arkoe and 1 other person like this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Perhaps I'm missing these but I'm not aware of shaming, especially on a widespread scale, of people taking off their masks temporarily. What I am seeing is calling out people for things like having packed parties, cutting hair while symptomatic and refusing to wear masks in stores even when politely asked to. If those count as shaming I'm all for it.

Speaking personally I've been accused of "shaming" people in martial arts for calling out people who are still doing martial arts. I'm not going to apologize for doing that especially for someone who is far more in the coach role than the competitor role. I have a duty to encourage responsibility in martial arts.

RayRay10, Nook and vlaurelio like this.
  16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I mean Obama isn't the president. Trump seems to play more golf than he spends working.

I just feel that given Trump's criticism of Obama play golf it's a bit hypocritical for him to be doing so.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah golf is at the bottom of the list

but hypocrisy is among the top

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

What makes it funnier is that Patton Oswalt is probably part of this pile on.

It was wrong and petty of Trump to criticize Obama for golfing. Why would others turn around and criticize Trump for golfing?

I know, I know, the pandemic, 100k dead Americans, but Trump was criticized for golfing before for whatever fill in the blank reason.

This pandemic is a lose lose situation. It's obvious that who you are and how you fail are more important factors in receiving criticism or praise than how hard you fail.

Governor Cuomo is the only person in America that has received more adulation lately than Michael Jordan and his state's numbers have made the entire country look bad.

I wonder if New Yorkers would give him the same praise. Especially those that live in the burrows that were hit the hardest by the virus.

Trump is failing, but he isn't necessarily failing harder than anyone else, he just happens to be hated the most, he doesn't care, and he's a dope.

RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.
  19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cuomo made mistakes. Trump has been grossly incompetent.

Do you see the difference?

RayRay10 and vlaurelio like this.
  20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I'm not defending people complaining that Trump played golf its wrong and petty as you said

Being wrong and petty is one thing but being a hypocrite is another

RayRay10 likes this.