1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

What are the odds if the virus spreads in the US, that Trump cancels the election for "public safety"?

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:rolleyes:

cml750, Deckard and RayRay10 like this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What are the odds Silver will cancel the rest of the NBA Playoffs w/Rockets up 3-0 on the Lakers in WCF.

btw: this reminds me, I should buy stock in Netflix.

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

All this talk about how Trump is handling the Coronavirus, but what about Hillary??

AleksandarN, Deckard, Newlin and 3 others like this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

Flughazi!

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Well, good news that the U.S. Surgeon General has been added to the Coronavirus response team, but munchkin and kudlow? The same kudlow that said Coronavirus had been contained?

Kudlow breaks with CDC on coronavirus: ‘We have contained this’
    The White House economic adviser suggested that the virus’ impact is “not going to last forever.”
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/25/kudlow-white-house-coronavirus-117402

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I think a face-to-face summit meeting with the Chinese, in China, would be a great idea right about now...

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Still can't believe: Mike ****ing Pence. That's like putting Joel Olsteen or Laura Ingraham in charge of the Rockets' switching defense.

10. NewRoxFan

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

yea right. Let the CDC do their job and report their data and finding. Stop the idiots from the admin that have been misleading the public.

12. Nook

Nook Member

This isn’t Cuba... no free rides here. Go earn your victory soup buddy.

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Hey, looks good on you though....

[​IMG]

Nook and Deckard like this.
  15. NewRoxFan

I can think about times in the past when this might have been news... I wonder what catchy name trump will call the WHO official in tweets?

TRUMP IS 'IGNORANT' ABOUT CORONAVIRUS AND DOESN'T UNDERSTAND PUBLIC HEALTH, WHO OFFICIAL WARNS
    https://www.newsweek.com/donald-tru...lu-who-official-warns-ezekiel-emanuel-1489433

No Worries likes this.
  16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Approximately 0%. One, he expects to win. Two, aside from the presidency, there are races for all House seats (how can he retake the House without an election?), numerous Senate seats, and a host of state and local elections. Three, states run elections, not the federal government, so it'd be very hard to get the states to stop especially because they have their own races to conduct.

But I would not be surprised to see turnout suppressed by the coronavirus because people don't want to take the infection risk of going to a room where thousands of people run their grubby hands over the machine you need to use. If I was a president who was interested in leveraging coronavirus for electoral benefit, I'd probably talk up certain "infection hotspots" in places like urban centers so that urban voters are incrementally more concerned about infection risk than suburban and rural voters.

joshuaao, RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.
  17. NewRoxFan

trump probably feels safe because only rich people will be getting the vaccines. You will see trump supporters decked out in hazmat suites and breathers at the polling locations...

18. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

another trump bashing thread in disguise? :)

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"PENCE, YOU HAD ONE JOB. A RIMJOB."

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Snark all you want but under the Patriot Act this is actually technically legal for Trump to do FYI. Tell me one time where something has technically been legal that Trump has decided to turn down for the sake of US best interest?

I heard yesterday that the Senate is working pretty hard on trying to get an amendment passed on the Patriot Act, but it's certainly not headline news. Nor do I think Mitch McConnell would allow the amendment to come to the floor of the Senate if he thought it would put him at odds with the Supreme Leader.... but we'll see.

I think the polling will show a pretty close race so I could see Trump having other ideas after the election just in case he loses. It's hard to see the polling showing the Dems in a double digit lead the month prior.