1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cushing suspended 10 games

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, Sep 13, 2017.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not intolerant of what they are doing. I just said I don't respect the time they are doing it. During the anthem.

2. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Leroy, you are being serious? I know they aren't protesting the flag or the song. I just said I don't agree with doing it "during" the anthem. I just feel that is not the time for the protest. That's just me, and most don't care. I can't help that I feel it is not the time to do it. I don't care that they protest, or stand up for what they feel needs to change. I agree with the reason, just not the time. I half watched the game, but my spirit was just not there. Like I said, it just made me feel differently. Do I think they are shooting up during the games? LOL I never said that. Of course I don't think they are doing that. I was referring more to illegal supplements that are prohibited that some probably take.

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

You said this...

What's the difference whether they're using needles or pills? You seriously think they're doping during games and that players should have to take piss tests at halftime? The games are long enough...now you want the 53 man roster for both teams to take drug tests during the game. No...that's not an asinine idea at all.

What would be the appropriate time and place in your mind? Bear in mind it needs to be a time when eyes are on them and they can get their point across.

4. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

When did I say they should be tested at halftime? Do it after a game.
    As for the protesting, anytime other than during the anthem. Maybe they should protest in front of Trump Tower, police stations, court houses, the White House, or Trump's winter White House. Maybe they should protest by stating their issues on Facebook, twitter, and other social media. There are many avenues. A march, meetings with city officials, letters to Congressmen. The list goes on.

5. leroy

Fair enough. I got that part incorrect. Still think testing before and after the game, aside from the privacy issues I already have with drug testing, is a waste of time and money.

None of which will get the same amount of eyes and ears. The social media posting is already ongoing. The other stuff happens in the off-season...but you never hear about any of that.

This has gotten WAY off the rails and it’s time to move on.

6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I don't think Brian Cushing is back on the Texans next year

red5rocket likes this.
  7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

He will be after resigning for less(gets cut).

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Don't need him. Let those youngsters play. Cole and Cunningham look very solid so far.

red5rocket likes this.
  9. leroy

I think the odds of him being back in 2018 were pretty damn low anyway. This situation likely just means that he's already played his last down.

10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I was being matter-of-fact to keep the thread on topic

11. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

What was the reason Dylan Cole went undrafted?

12. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Raising your fist is saying Black Power.
    Are you unifying with the rest of the country or just Black people? Are Black people the only strong people that you recognize? I definitely do not support slavery or the killing of Jews. But I support Our country and not just one aspect. Raising your fist is seems to support just the Power of the Black people.

csj likes this.
  13. bigdaddy

Supporting Member

I definitely do not believe in slavery or killing Jews. I should have elaborated my thoughts better.

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Seems like there were questions about his lateral quickness and movement fluidity.

15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Rick Smith was on the radio and said NFL teams bracket guys based on a few things. Two of those were measurements(height,weight,arm length, etc) and level of competition. Rick said that was two strikes for him.

They looked at his tape and felt he could play at this level and that trumped the other issues and they inked him.

16. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Since you want to get technical, there’s actually a difference in raising your left or right fist. Yes, a clenched fist from the right hand means black power. A clenched left fist means unity in black America. But when they are both clenched by two or more individuals, it means unity, power, and togetherness.

A clenched fist actually wasn’t begin in black America, it was merely adopted from the industrial workers from 1917.

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

i thought he'd been caught juicing before? was this his first nfl offence?

18. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

2nd time ‘caught’

Nigel Thornberry likes this.
  19. bigdaddy

Supporting Member

Still, you do not want to unify with white people, am I correct? I understand that black people have not been dealt the same hand as white people, but if what you're looking for is equality then maybe both sides need to address the problem. Raising your fist is akin to flying the Confederate flag in the perception of white folks whether you believe it or not. Not all white folks but then again all black folks don't believe the same either. I'm open to making things better. I do believe that protesting should take place, I just don't believe in protesting against the flag. In my circle of friends I am probably the most liberal about the issue because I do believe there is Injustice towards the black community, I believe it has gotten better over the last 50 years, it's just hard to see improvement when there's still a problem.

20. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Where is there a thread where we can talk about this because I can’t mess this thread up for everyone else. Find it and I’ll discuss if you want.