1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cushing suspended 10 games

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, Sep 13, 2017.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Just wait until he gets into the Ring of Honor...

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Brian Cushing said it was "terrible" being away from the #Texans. "It hurt a lot."

Brian Cushing: "I should have communicated with the League a lot better about it and been more careful."

Brian Cushing hopes fans and media are understanding of what he's been through: "It's one of those things I've tried to better myself with but should have been more careful and take full responsibility for."

Brian Cushing: "I don't want to get too much into the particulars. There was a good amount of things bothering me this past offseason,most mentally. I was given a prescription medication I should have been more careful with & I should have communicated with the league a lot better about."

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I'm betting it was Adderall.

Jturbofuel likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He probably will be, and rightfully so.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The only ring Cush will be in with be a wrestling ring. Those are his class of athlete.

I'm guessing it was testosterone therapy. Must have been listening to to too much sports talk radio.

6. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

That was my first impression too. Cush tried to add some speed to his game budumpsshhhh

But then I thought it seemed pretty late in life to develop ADD...so...probably something sly. Slyer?

Only reason PED fueled, worn out Cushing plays at the end of these unmitigated failure of a campaign is as a try out for next year. Even with the team needing bodies, I see little reason he should even consider giving it a go. Unless it’s a tryout for next year. Who knows if they’ll address his beached whale carcass of a contract at that point.

Swiss Roll likes this.
  7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

My dad was diagnosed with Adult ADD in his 70's. Not that he didn't have it before, but it wasn't diagnosed until later in life.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Feel free to set yourself up for disappointment, but he's the franchise leader in tackles along with being the heart and soul of the defense for nearly his entire time here. I personally would keep the ROH elite by not putting anyone in until Watt is retired, but there's a VERY good chance Cushing gets in and it would be completely understandable.

9. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Cushing is a proven cheater who has should have been cut two years ago.

hooroo and Fulgore like this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, it's football not baseball, no one cares. If you don't realize that nearly the entire league was juicing at one point you are only fooling yourself. If you have football heroes from a previous generation, it's almost 100% certain that they were doing things we'd call "cheating" today.

11. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Nah, Cush has given us some good memories...walk off pick 6, no helmet scuffle with the browns OL, and sure enough he’s been a really good player but I’d stick with the elites. Johnson was an elite player in the league, watt too. I’d put Foster in before Cushing. You put Cushing in it become s the ring of pretty good players instead of honor. In fact, you put him in Demeco deserves it as well. Some9ne like JJo becomes in play and I just don’t want to see that. Duane Brown would deserve it then too.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I agree that we should stick with the elites, I was just saying I could see them doing it. I think Foster could end up in along with Cushing, DeMeco would be in if he had finished his career here for sure. Duane Brown would have certainly made the Ring of Honor if he hadn't dishonored himself and ruined all good will towards him.....and I'm not talking about when he popped twice for PED's.

As to JJo, I just don't think he's had a Ring of Honor caliber impact, sure he's the franchise leader in interceptions with 14, but that's only one ahead of Kareem Jackson and Dunte Robinson....hell it's only 5 interceptions ahead of Dre Hal.

So to me the pecking order is Andre Johnson who is already in, Watt who is a lock already, Arian Foster who was amazing but only for a short time when he was healthy, Brian Cushing who was the heart and soul of the defense nearly every season he was here and is the career tackle leader for the Texans, DeMeco who was Cushing before Cushing was Cushing, JJo who was the best DB in franchise history but not THAT impressive, then everyone else who has ever been on the Texans, then Duane Brown.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  13. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

I pretty much agree with the pecking order but for me it ends after foster. RBs aren’t built to last but his moment in the sun was shiny. I think Cushing would’ve been a lot better off without the 2nd pop, he’s really, really tarnished the legacy.

14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Booby the great hates brown for kneeling for a cause/cancer, but is fine with druggie Cushing. Reminds me of Trump Fans, hate democrats but is fine with a pedo.

Brown or cushing shouldnt get the ring, only andre and watt deserves it.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I would be fine with that too, I would gig Foster for almost never being healthy, but the numbers he put up were sick. When it comes to PED's, I don't really care, that witch hunt was a baseball witch hunt. In football it was pretty much assumed that just about all of the players were using. I think it's stupid for them to continue, but I don't think less of players for it since we're not going to retroactively think less of essentially every player in the super bowl era up until a few years ago.

16. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

That’s fair.