1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could Minnesota trade away Karl-Anthony Towns?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 18, 2018.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Wolves Reportedly 'Not In A Good Place Right Now Internally' With Karl-Anthony Towns

Reports of a discord between Karl-Anthony Towns and the Minnesota Timberwolves' organization continue to trickle out this offseason.

The Wolves fired Karl-Anthony Towns developmental coach after their elimination from the playoffs.

"Has anybody noticed what's going on in Minnesota between Karl Towns and that organization?" said Brian Windhorst on the Lowe Post.

"It's not, um, well..." started Zach Lowe before "Darren Wolfson alluded to a lot of it on a podcast a couple weeks ago. They're not in a good. And I said on some podcast recently that I just have a gut feeling that something crazy is going to happen there this summer. It's not in a good place right now internally."

"If I was the Celtics, I would make a quiet call to Minnesota," replied Windhorst.

D-rock and Vivi like this.
  2. malakas

malakas Member

Supposedly also Thibs threw a computer through a window while screaming in front of the ppl working in the FO.

Mazulis, roslolian, Zboy and 7 others like this.
  3. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Whoa. He was probably hoarse from screaming, so he had to throw things to make himself understood.

Dacamel, Zboy, FLASH21 and 6 others like this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Towns to the Warriors for Bell and Zaza.

5. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Mmmh...Chandler and 1st pick for Towns, does this make sense? Maybe...

Btw if they get Towns, Suns defense is going to be amazing :eek:
    ...gly bad :D

Zboy, fallenphoenix, jevjnd and 9 others like this.
  7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'd fire Thibs immediately. Between Kat and Thibs, the choice is easy. Even with Kat's poor showing these playoffs. Why the hell would they want to go back to rebuilding mode.

D-rock, roslolian, da_juice and 5 others like this.
  8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The after effects of what Capela did to KAT in the 1st round is crazy.

D-rock, Zboy, fallenphoenix and 29 others like this.
  9. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Damn KAT already gone?

10. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Minnesota shouldnt even consider trading KAT for the 1st pick unless KAT is trying to force his way out and Kat is a p***y if he demands a trade this early in his career.

DudeWah likes this.
  11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Capela for KAT?

jevjnd, True Rocket and Phillyrocket like this.
  12. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Just not enamored with Towns. Something about him makes me think he'll just never get it.

If I'm Minnesota and I can get Tatum and Brown from Boston for him, I think I do that trade 10 times out of 10. Problem is that you need to move Wiggins and possibly Butler afterwards.

jevjnd and whiskeyred like this.
  13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Karl-Anthony Towns needs to get out of Minnesota and become more urban to achieve his star potential. He needs to move to a major market and become Karl-Anthony Metropolis.

nwtx7263, T.MAC, jevjnd and 12 others like this.
  14. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

What I'd want to know is what is KAT's future prospects on defense because so far, he hasn't been good. I'm leery of big men that can't defend these days.

Minnesota is not in a great position, having (over) paid the fairly meh Andrew Wiggins and given away three lottery picks for Jimmy Butler, who I believe needs to be re-signed next summer. They can't afford a rebuild.

But I'm at least listening if that #1 pick is available (though Ayton doesn't appear to be great defensively either).

15. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

"Capela sonned him so hard that he went from franchise player to expendable."

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I hope the Mavs trade for him and leave Capela the hell alone.

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I bet you any money Brad Stevens would be able to make a good defender out of him

roslolian and True Rocket like this.
  18. BigO

BigO Member

At this point Tatum is probably worth more then Towns himself, also can people please STOP making these silly Brown+Tatum for someone (Kahwi, Towns and etc) deals lol. It ain't happening, we're talking Celtics for crying out loud.

19. BigO

BigO Member

Towns, Wiggins they're young, but neither are good defenders, if Sotta is going anywhere they both need to improve majorly and i just don't see it. Honestly i would trade Towns if its possible to get great return.

20. malakas

malakas Member

It's certainly funny and sad how quickly things change in the league.
    Only some months ago, the Timberbulls were very hyped, a team that would dominate the future and now their young star wants to leave or their coach will get fired.

Imo, it certainly is another strike in the book of Jimmy Buttler. How come ever since he has become a star there has been discord in every lockeroom he has ever been part of ? Once could be a coincidence but now he even changed teams.

Also to me it validates what I thought of KAT. Ever since he was drafted he was very .."savvy" with the way he handled the press, the media etc to the point that ppl were wondering if it was fake. I dont' think it's neccessary fake but that he's very calculating about his carreer. So it's not surprise to me that he is someone who is taking measures about his paycheck 9 years in the future.
    Maybe from the beginning he had made plans to get traded to a better market before his rookie contract expired. Now he found the perfect opportunity even though his team made the playoffs.