1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cougar Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Thanks. I wondered what happened to him. In the meantime Alley and Brady appear to be good bigs and though I didn't see the game Alley can shoot from outside. It's early but this years team is looking pretty good to me. Surprised there is not more local media coverage of them with this level of talent and the renovated former Hoffeinz Pavillion about to open back up. Maybe when Oregon comes in and we have a convincing win over a ranked team that will get everyone's attention.

2. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Sampson said today he was supposed to see the doc and if everything looked ok he could be cleared to practice and should see game action within a week.

3. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Thank you. Looking forward to seeing him on the court ASAP. Don't know what to expect from tonight's game starting in a few minutes. I will be watching on ESPN3. Should be an easy win and my first chance to watch this years team.

Well I guess I won't be watching it. I thought it was going to be on ESPN3 but can't find it anywhere.

#803 seemoreroyals, Nov 28, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  4. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

You can watch on UH all access if you are willing to pay or the bootleg sites if you prefer not to pay.

5. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

AFS likes this.
  6. PhiSlammaJamma

Season is on the line night. We will answer the question.

7. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Houston up by 20 late in the first half. Looking good against Oregon so far.

8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Great atmosphere there tonight with the Cougars kicking butt

Poloshirtbandit likes this.
  9. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Thank god we hung on for the win. The refs were letting Oregon get away with a lot of fouls in the full court press towards the end. We really looked confident and in control in the first half. In the second half we started missing open shots and let them get back in the game.

10. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Great win. Should be ranked now.

11. AFS

AFS Member

I really enjoy watching this team play defense. They play with intensity and urgency. Good win, and gives the team some stuff to work on (like beating the press). Now let's keep the Fertitta Center full of people to watch these kids play.

12. PhiSlammaJamma

Great win, 6-0 with a ranked win where we raked the leaves like Tom Cruise is Ricky Business. The winds picks up and the next thing you know, it's the time of our life. woo hoo!

On the dark side, I think what happened out there was exactly what happened last year. Against an athletic and tall team, we got a little small. Davis was disturbed, and our shooters struggled to drive. Major llluls offensively.

On the bright side, Davis wasn't wild. He did have a number of online shots just miss. The team is super talented. Everyone contributes. We have a lot of potential given the NCAA is relatively diluted. And they play defense with passion.

Roc Paint and Poloshirtbandit like this.
  13. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

14. Newlin

Newlin Member

The arena looks great. Hope the fans continue to support the team.

seemoreroyals likes this.
  15. airflights92

airflights92 Member

I was there. Great atmosphere! I can't wait to go again.

seemoreroyals and dc rock like this.
  16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Houston Rocs!

17. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

On my list to make a visit. We live about 4 hours away and watching on TV is so convenient but still not the same. In the late 70's I watched many concerts and U of H games at Hoffeinz Pavillion and always liked the acoustics and atmosphere there.

I noticed both on TV and at the game they had some issues with the clock and scoreboard. It was rather annoying but the team more than made up for it by the way they played in the first half. If I was at the game I think I would have to learn to block out the PA guy that kept saying " Whose Ball? Coogs Ball." That got kind of old after a while. I am glad we had possession of the ball but I did not need a constant reminder.

Glad you were there for the opening game and I hope they are going to be able to keep winning and selling out the arena.

dc rock likes this.
  18. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Its cool when you are there and the crowd yells coogs ball. It was electric last night and thats probably the most buzz at a home game since Clyde's first game as coach I still maintain that is one of the loudest sporting events I have ever been too.

airflights92 likes this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

couldn't crack the top 25 after the oregon win. In time i guess

20. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

After we crush ok st, lsu, and a couple of others we will be #11-15