1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cougar Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

well deserved

AFS likes this.
  2. PhiSlammaJamma

But nobody knows what happened to the district 13 coach of the year.

3. Buck Turgidson

It's also quite possible I read 1 too many John Grisham books back in the day.

Although, I'm re-reading "A Painted House" right now, it's atypical and by far my favorite.

4. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

So far half way through the first half Michigan is smoking A@M by 20 points. Too bad we missed those free throws or it could be us spanking A@M.

5. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I resisted watching this for almost a week, but I finally did and man it still hurts and seeing Coach's face and the look on the faces of RG and Galen it made me feel like **** all over again. I tell myself not to get emotionally wrapped up in sports like I do but UH losses just take it out of me every damn time.

dc rock and MadMax like this.
  6. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

7. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Now that it appears Michigan will more likely than not play for the NCAA tournament championship that last second answered prayer that beat us will sure to be remembered for a long time. Other than the loss to NCState I cannot think of a more disappointing moment in Houston Cougar sports history.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

loyola has beaten better teams on the way to the final 4. michigan is definitely beatable

9. AFS

AFS Member

Our program is trending upwards. We need to do our part and fill the Fertitta Center when it opens, and make it a place where talented kids want to play.

Plowman, dc rock and seemoreroyals like this.
  10. PhiSlammaJamma

I saw nothing in Michigan that even remotely looked championship caliber. They need to lose. Talk about a bunch of pretenders. We are all much better off with Cinderella in the finals.

11. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Michigan is a pretty good team. It is just that our U of H team was quite a bit better this year than we realized and expected them to be. Maybe a little too reliant of Gray at times much the same way the Rockets can be at times with Harden. Next year will be fun to watch for Cougar Fans. I expect big things from them.

12. AFS

AFS Member

Looks like Gabe Grant is transferring. Should open up a scholarship on the team, and there are some interesting transfers available on the market.

13. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I'll be sick if Michigan wins the championship.

seemoreroyals likes this.
  14. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

I really don't understand why there are a million people on here talking about the Rockets and every conceivable aspect of what James Harden does or does not do in his personal time etc, etc. etc. But IMO there is not near enough discussion here about Houston Cougar basketball. We had a great year. In my gut, or what's left after they were ripped out after the combination miracle shot at the end of the game by Michigan enabled by missed free throws and a coaches decision not to put the tallest most athletic guy guarding the inbound pass, the Houston cougar basketball team is going to be good for years to come. There is a nice core of players coming back. We have the best coach we have ever had other than Guy Lewis. Despite losing the game to Michigan, for the first time in a long time, we have a great Houston Cougar basketball team that we can be proud of and get behind and support and that will or at least has the potential to regain the respect it has not had since the Phi Slamma Jamma days.

dc rock likes this.
  15. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

The future is very bright for UH hoops. We had our best season since PSJ and we have the best recruiting class of this regime coming in next year. We have a brand new arena opening and with the development center already in use we now are on equal footing to the teams we recruit against. I think we could sign a stellar class this November as well.

Plowman, YOLO, dc rock and 1 other person like this.
  16. AFS

AFS Member

The team finished ranked #21 in AP and #22 in Coaches in the final polls. Sounds about right. Pretty good result for the team.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Just announced

University Houston basketball is entering a new era of excellence becoming the ONLY school in TX sponsored by the Jordan Brand! ‬

AFS likes this.
  18. AFS

AFS Member

This is a top recruit for Class of 2019 that the Coogs are in the running for. Kelvin and Kellen are already sporting all that Jordan brand swag.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

Antoine davis pretty highly regarded as a lethal shooter

dc rock likes this.
  20. PhiSlammaJamma

Judging all books by their cover. 3 of the 4 look like ballers. dejon looks soft, especially in the undershirt, but that means he's either our best player or one of our worst.