1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Correa out 4-6 weeks with cracked rib

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by mikol13, May 29, 2019.

1. AstrosRockets1818

My Latina ClutchFans....: are the Latina girls crazier than white girls???? Somebody with experience tell me!!!!!! :)))

2. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

I really didn’t say anything about his on-field performance so not sure where your comment is coming from.

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Well, this thread turned into an old-lady soap opera discussion fast...

CheezeyBoy22 likes this.
  4. CinematicFusion

Why is she in the video?
    From a marketing standpoint for Correa this looks bad.
    Maybe it’s really good for her.
    Just feels wrong.

I would let it go, people are going to speculate. Nothing wrong with that. It’s funny and sad someone broke a rib getting a massage. Roll with it and move on.... I mean don’t roll with it to hard... might crack a rib. :)

#224 CinematicFusion, Jun 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    everyday eddie and Snake Diggit like this.
  5. CinematicFusion

Did Snell and his Wife make a video?

6. Major

Major Member

It's their shtick. She has a Youtube channel and he's apparently often in the videos. Maybe they did it because they wanted to, rather than analyzing whether its ideal marketing. We complain when athletes are fake, and now we complain when they just act human. At the end of the day, this video is not going to affect his next contract or probably change anyone's opinions of him. Most people complaining about it already looked at him negatively anyway.

BigM likes this.
  7. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm going to need a drinking after reading these last couple of pages.... sad panda

BigM and raining threes like this.
  8. CinematicFusion

I don't look at correa negatively, I'm just saying the video doesn't feel right....and yeah, it feels fake, does not feel human.
    Some of the live streams from Star Wars Galaxys Edge feels human and real.

There is a purpose with the Galaxy Edge videos, taking the audience on a journey.
    It’s just me... I’m sure everyone else loves the Correa video.

#228 CinematicFusion, Jun 1, 2019
  9. biff17

biff17 Member

i disagree with this wholeheartedly.

Every great athlete thinks that they are great and I don't sense any entitlement issues from him.

You seem to be projecting a lot.

so if this could be said about Bregman who is the true look at me guy but I have no issues with him as well it's actually refreshing.

#229 biff17, Jun 1, 2019
  10. CinematicFusion

I think the difference is it's Bregman doing it. His gag over the summer being an umpire at a little league game, ect.
    It feels like him being Bregman

This optically doesn't feel like it's Correa's idea....and that is why it all feels a little off. It's why he is known as the Sparkle Prince now.
    I could be completely wrong and maybe they just need a better production level.

11. biff17

biff17 Member

I was not commenting about the video I don't think it was a particularly smart thing to do but that's 2019 for ya.

Correa does come off a little stiff and packaged but everything criticized about Correa can be said about Bergman yet everybody loves him.

So what if Correa wants to go to a major market it's his right but all of this character assassination is uncalled for.

12. CinematicFusion

I’m not attacking his character. All we can talk about with Correa for the next 8 weeks are the videos.... he is off the field.

Bregman doesn’t get attacked because those videos feel like they are made by him.

Correa feels like he is along for the ride in the videos but until he heals...it’s what he will be known for during these next 6-8 weeks. Social media... is what it is. It’s a fun story to laugh about. Getting broken ribs from a massage is hysterical, unfortunately it happened to our shortstop

13. biff17

biff17 Member

Did you miss the original post I responded to?

That's what I am talking about.

14. Pringles

Pringles Member

I think I might sell my Correa jersey, and use that to help buy a Bregman jersey. Nothing against Correa, but I personally have grown to like Bregman more over the past few seasons.

15. CinematicFusion

I’m working... so yes, I missed it, glad we are on the same page.

biff17 likes this.
  16. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

In his original statement, Correa would have been better off just saying that he "slipped and fell down the stairs" and cracked his rib that way. That would've been more believable. Hinch and Luhnow's "anger" could then be explained away as "frustration" (they WERE frustrated). The whole story might've gone away after a day or so and most people would've moved on. This thread would've had 50% fewer posts. This "massage" reason just invited more questions and invited more headaches for Hinch, Luhnow and his teammates.

I suspect Correa and especially Daniella probably panicked a bit when they saw all the crazy speculations and theories on social media. And they were understandably upset with the "domestic violence" accusations. All of that, combined with their internal guilt on what really happened (possibly something in breach of his contract), caused them to overreact and rapidly conjure up this flimsy "massage" story as well as this unnecessary Youtube video...instead of keeping calm like rational adults, ignoring all the social media nuttiness, and thinking things through before deciding how to respond in a professional, PR-friendly manner. Note - the only people who deserve to know the truth are his coaches, teammates, team doctor(s), etc inside the Astros clubhouse, as well as his agent.

I get that Daniella probably wanted to "clear her name", but she should have just kept quiet. Don't comment at all on the matter publicly. Even with the massage excuse and social media crap, the matter would have eventually blown over. It's rare for any news these days to actually have legs longer than several days or a week.

That video looked rehearsed with 10-20 takes (and very poor editing) and Correa looked kinda like a hostage. The video was very likely her idea...it was on her channel after all. I would normally say that "we should not know the name of a pro athlete's fiance, spouse or girlfriend/boyfriend"...similar to a decent umpire or ref...but Daniella was already a bit of a known person among certain circles (former "Miss Texas USA") so that doesn't apply.

Correa is still young and it's normal for someone his age to not yet have a good grasp on adult life. While I understand why some posters aren't big fans of him compared to Springer/Altuve/Bregman/Verlander/etc, I think some people are being too hard on the guy. He has character flaws that may be a bit annoying, and he does sometimes come across as a bit unnatural...but I don't think he's a headcase or a dick like a handful of other MLB players (e.g. Machado). And no, the Astros aren't going to trade him.

Whatever happened, happened. Mistakes were made and hopefully Correa will learn from it. Now I hope he just goes radio silent and focuses on rehab. Hopefully he won't do anything stupid again off the field, but regardless it might be a good idea for a seasoned veteran like Verlander (due to his experience with "general" celebrity) to have a private talk with Correa on how to handle off-the-field speculation and scrutiny better.

17. raining threes

What's up with this?

18. raining threes

Good post, I love Correa and wish he would be here longterm. (Doubtful) He's still so young and has some growing up left to do. He seems like a genuine person though. (BTW, I just got through reading Astroball, it should be required reading for all Astros fans)

With that said, there's some kinky stuff going on in that house.

19. raining threes

He's still young and I think he very easily could reach his potential. She's his kryptonite, nothing but freak injuries since he proposed. It happens, if he ever reaches the heights that his physical gifts let him it will probably be after they split up.

I do think Correa is dedicated to being the best player he can be and is willing to put in the work. But a 23 yr old with a bad back gives me pause.

20. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

How poor exactly are you? Have to sell one item of clothing to buy another item of clothing?