1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Connecting the Trump-Russia Dots

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Mar 8, 2017.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

lol at NewRoxFan- he's convinced he actually has something!

This issue has consumed him fully. I can only laugh.

cml750 likes this.
  2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I get tired of watching the news so I appreciate people filtering the need to know from the nonsense. The Trumpanzee toolbox is confined to trolling, willful ignorance, and false equivalence so keep posting brother.

3. CometsWin

Speaking of trolling, like clockwork.

No Worries likes this.
  4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Willful ignorance is running around talking about treason

cml750 likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Folks still on the fence as to whether a crime has been committed? Here's Fox News legal analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano answering the question:

FOX ANALYST BURSTS HIS NETWORK’S BUBBLE ON TRUMP JR. MEETING: ‘COMMENCE A CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION’
    http://citizenslant.com/fox-analyst-bursts-networks-bubble/

No Worries likes this.
  6. CometsWin

You're sort of the poster child for willful ignorance in this thread so it's ironic you'd be accusing others of same.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You guys have a seventy page thread on a connection between trump and Russia that hasn't come close to being proven

And then act all indignant towards those who disagree

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad

Take off the trump hate lenses

8. CometsWin

It's just following the evidence. Why do you have a problem with that? You think there's some audiotape of Trump and Putin colluding? Seriously? That seems to be what you're expecting as proof. How about all the damn lying? Why are they constantly lying? Because they think you're willfully ignorant enough to believe it all and you continue to prove them right?

Why is Trump downplaying the importance of NATO to Russia's benefit?
    Why have so many on the Trump team lied about all the connections to Russia?
    Why won't Trump release his tax returns and confirm there's no financial connection?
    Why is Trump having White House meetings with Russians that Obama repeatedly denied them as a propaganda tool, denying it, and then seeing pictures taken by Russians all over the place?
    Why is the President proposing a joint cyber security team with an adversary that 17 different agencies say hacked the DNC?
    Why is the President continuing to lie about a Russian hacking on one hand and then blaming Obama for not stopping it on the other hand?
    Why has Trump and his team from the start tried to ease sanctions on Russia?

So if you have plausible explanations for all of that, doubtful, explain the unlikelihood that a sitting US President would do all that stuff to our country's detriment if there's no link. I mean that is nuts.

This is just stuff off the top of my head. I mean what the **** dude. Instead of supporting a search for more facts you go with this no evidence line? What is wrong with you? Why have you sold out your country? You should be ashamed of yourself.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Sorry Astrodome but "the media" excuse is just a cop out. The Right has its own media conglomerate that has just as much pulling power as NBC, ABC, etc. Until recently FoxNews was #1 of all news channels. Sinclair broadcasting just created an insane deal to essentially take over a large portion of local news channels across the US. The Sinclair group has "must run" segments that feature "the terror alert" segments and insane people from the Trump campaign. Also there is the FACT that Brietbart, Info Wars, and many others peddled proven fake news from Russia during the campaign.

In a lot of ways, it's hard to argue against "the liberal media" and keep a straight face. It's a joke and a cop out to use it as a legit excuse. Most people on the left think the right wing media is a bigger threat because of the fact that they don't have a care in the world about being factual and do nothing but peddle fear to the weak minded.

And CNN is NOT working in the interest of the Democratic Party and that is obvious. I think it was estimated that CNN gave Trump something like half a billion dollars in equivalent ad run time by covering every rally, etc every second of the day they weren't covering Hillarys emails.

I also can see his numbers improving but certainly it won't be because of the GOP Wealth Care plan. You couldn't have written up a plan that would hurt Trump's voter base any harder. Look through the plan yourself, look at the area in the country that would be impacted from those Medicaid cuts. He won't improve with Trumpcare.

Where Trump will likely improve is with stability of government after 6 months of chaos. The bar had been set so incredibly low that if the government was to run functional with minimal scandal in the near future people will naturally start coming back to home and he will likely get to where he was when he was elected... which wasn't great but it was still above 40% and with the voter suppression nonsense the GOP is engaged in, they can still win elections at that approval.

Reg impeachment- I don't blame the media as much as I blame people's understanding of what impeachment actually means. The only reason Nixon was impeached was because the GOP was in line to get their clocks cleaned in the midterms. Had Nixon had the approval rating that Trump had now with the gerrymandering the GOP has now he probably stayed in office. Watch the special elections and if the GOP is still winning the seats they are supposed to win they will stick by Trump for 8 years.

Impeachment is really just another way of saying that I don't think this guy is a good president which makes it a partisan issue. I'd be willing to guess that Obama would have had 20 to 30% of the American population that always thought he needed to be impeached for something. If he gets in the 20's for approval ratings then I'll officially say he's in danger of impeachment.

Rashmon likes this.
  10. dmoneybangbang

I think Trump Jr posting those emails says otherwise.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'd want no more to do with a democrat trump than I do with a republican one.

B-Bob likes this.
  12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Inexplicably there are some that still persist that he is best around. What does the guy have to do to lose steam with these people? Take a dump on the American flag?

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

So what are people's opinions about these leaks that continue to happen?

By the time those investigations are done is most of the information going to be known? Or is Mueller and others most likely going to have more?

14. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

There are too many different leaks to talk about, but regarding the initial story that NYT ran on Trump Jr., we have to ask ourselves why sources within the admin provided info that made the story far, FAR worse for the president, after the initial story? Some analysts are saying they're trying to get ahead of the story, and I don't know if that's true. But if it is, that means the real story is much, much worse than what we already know.
    That depends on what evidence can be found in addition to what we already have. Right now the only evidence the public has of collusion between the admin and Russia is Don Jr's emails proving he wanted dirt on Hillary from the Russian govt. (regardless whether he got it or not.) I don't think that will be a slam dunk case in federal court, but it's a good one. If this ended up being the only evidence ever, then the trial would be a long and interesting one.
    If there is more evidence that hasn't been destroyed or deleted, Mueller has to have it. He has the auspices of our numerous spying agencies at his disposal. Phone taps, emails, the ability to subpoena and have people testify under oath, all kinds of stuff the media can't get their hands on.

Considering how lazily these laws were broken, I'd be very very surprised if there isn't a lot more evidence out there.

peleincubus likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

16. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Not if there were actual collusions, then it is best to try to do a better job of hiding everything.

17. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

"I don't read the news or know what's going on but there was no collusion and stop posting news."

18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

My favorite new hallmark of denialism is the (paraphrasing): y'all have a 70 page thread and haven't PORVEN anything yet!

I had no idea we had taken on an actual investigative role for the US government. Where's my payola, fam? :D

London'sBurning likes this.
  20. CometsWin

Subpoenas for ereybody!

B-Bob likes this.