1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Connecting the Trump-Russia Dots

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Mar 8, 2017.

1. dmoneybangbang

What if it reveals that the person who hires the best people got assistance from Russia?

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The way I see it, the GOP let him get away with sharing classified intelligence to the Russians in the Oval Office. He could literally murder Comey on live TV and if the polls don't drop below 35%, he's not getting impeached.

Everything from this becomes a political argument and a documentary on the History channel for the next generation.

So Astrodomes question is kind of irrelevant because you can just watch the polls at any given time and see who will and won't vote for him again no matter what. If the 37% didn't care about what Trump has already done, I don't think much else regarding Russia will change that.

What will at this point on will be more about things like jobs, economy, unpopular wars, and health care f-ups.

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Let me put this in perspective for you ADHD wag-the-tail leftists.

Topics that do not dissuade me from voting for Trump (in 2020):
    -Sharing sensitive material with Russia
    -Russia's allegations of releasing hacked emails revealing DNC corruption and unethical behavior
    -Russia's alleged mass misinformation/fake email news
    -The pointless wall
    -Him tweets in lei of going to the press
    -His travel restrictions on volatile extremist countries
    -Selling arms to Saudi Arabia

Topics that do dissuade me from voting for Trump
    -Not seriously addressing healthcare reform
    -Disrespecting the Office of the Presidency
    -His lack of consistent goals and accomplishments
    -Blatantly and intentionally lying and misleading on various subjects
    -Not speaking out against white racist groups who use his platform for their agenda
    -Restricting legal/approved people from entering our country

Topics that persuade me to vote for Trump
    -Nothing at the moment

In the first list, those topics mean very little to me. Or most Americans I suspect.
    The second list, Healthcare reform, his current track record and his consistent misleading comments matter a lot to me. The rest means little to me
    The third list speaks for itself.

As you can see in the first list, these are topics leftist are the most passionate about ... which also are some of the most irrelevant in terms of the health and unity of this country. If the DNC puts up another shitty candidate like Clinton AND they are still whining about Russia and other stupid topic pointless topics AND Trump actually improves our economy and the well being, the Democrats stand to lose the election again.

In other words, use your energies in finding a GOOD candidate instead of trying to persuade America about how awful Trump is, how your previous candidate was mistreated, and that any other candidate (even if its Hillary again) is better than Trump.

cml750 likes this.
  4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Long, thoughtful defense of Trump. And interesting that you again defend Trump with this.

I do find it unrealistic to yet again complain about people complaining about Trump though. When you become president, everything you do and say is open to examination and criticism. It has been true of every President before Trump. And it will be true of every President after Trump. I don't recall any rightwinger complaining about all the criticism of Obama, despite supporters describing it as Obama Derangement Syndrome (Trump supporters have grabbed that term for their own). But hey, I understand... Trump supporters voted for the guy... it must sting.

But instead of complaining about all the criticisms, perhaps you can either hope Trump slows down on all the dumb things he does, tweets, or says. Or, more constructively, perhaps you can post all the good things he might do or say. There must be some... in fact, I know there are (eg. his statement after the terrorist attack was good). Hopefully he remembers he is President of the entire United States and begins to reach across the aisle on the many issues that are important to all Americans, including the Democrats who are not people. Now that would balance the criticism.

That said, now to your list of why you will vote for Trump again (or not vote for him again)... it is pretty comprehensive. And many good points made. But you do know some of the things you listed under your list of things that would not make you not vote again for him could be moved under your list list below. For example... -Sharing sensitive material with Russia, -Russia's allegations of releasing hacked emails revealing DNC corruption and unethical behavior, and -Russia's alleged mass misinformation/fake email news could really be listed under your reason blatantly lying or under your reason about disrespecting the Office. And the pointless wall and the illegal Muslim ban could be listed under inconsistent goals and accomplishments. And the topic of tweeting could easily moved under the disrespecting the office of the president.

So your list of reasons to not vote again for Trump is actually quite long.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

99% of the time and effort of activitist groups like Indivisible and Swing Left's time has been spent on healthcare. Everyone on the left knows the right doesn't care about Russia. They now have evidence to show they don't care about classified intelligence sharing even though they spent the past year and a half acting as though it's one of the 7 deadly sins.

As I said the Russia scandal is going to mean almost nothing in the grand scheme other than giving juice to political arguments and it will give generations history channel and Netflix docs to watch. Maybe an Oliver Stone film.

It's not going to make as much of an impact as Trump fumbling his actual policies like healthcare which if he passes anything close to what the House already passed will ruin him. Another tax cut for the wealthy due to reconciliation after that will be another blow. Maybe you are wealthy and it's good news for you but if you fit in the Trump voter demographic than I can't see that voter not noticing that Trump pulled a bait and switch on his voters.

I guarantee you the next Dem candidates will be focusing on healthcare number one because it paints the best picture of where the GOP is and where it's priorities. Even Elizabeth Warren said as much the other day in an interview when asked about what we should be talking about.

The thing is, people on the right think CNN and MSNBC are mouthpieces for the left and They certainly are not. They just love a good terrorist attack and a scandal. They get a lot of those with Trump and they are happy campers. Watch what groups like Indivisible are doing instead if you want to know what the left is really focusing on.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  6. Space Ghost

You're a disingenuous poster with trollish behavior. One can not take you serious.

For example, you know many of us on here did not vote for Trump, including myself. You instead continue to make antagonistic comments how I/we voted for Trump simply because we are not in rage mode with you on issues that I find largely irrelevant. Do you realize how idiotic that is? Its more of a reflection of how irrational you and others are.

Further examples of your disingenuous attitude is calling Trumps restrictive travel a Muslim ban. I made a point that I had an issue with him banning legit people from coming into our country...those who were already approved. I further stated i had no problem with him restricting travel from volatile extremist countries. Now if Trump started restricting travel from all non volatile countries that were from predominant Muslim countries, then yes, I would have an issue. But we both that is not the case. You instead resort to 'dur dur dur Muslim ban' when I never mentioned the word Muslim.

And then in the typical arrogant behavior, you feel the need to tell me how I should prioritize my list and tell me why I should dislike Trump when I very specifically stated those very reasons did not bother me.
    I really do not give a rats ass if Trump builds the wall or not. If he builds it, great, some people go jobs and we have a little more security. If he doesn't build it, even better ... less wasted tax dollar money.
    Your rationale: Hate Trump for building the wall because its racist. And if he doesn't build it, hate him because he failed to fulfill his promise. It doesn't really matter. Just find any reason to hate Trump.

Again, a disingenuous trollish poster.

7. NewRoxFan

Gee, and I was so complimentary to your list, calling it thoughtful. Yet the positive vibes aren't reciprocated. I am genuinely hurt.

Appealing to your reasonable side (one must exist), you have to admit it odd that for a conservative group of politically-interested posters in a conservative state that voted overwhelmingly for Trump it is odd that almost none on D&D voted (or admit to have voted) for Trump? Of all the very right wing posters on D&D, I think only two have stated they voted for Trump (and one, RL, may note have even been old enough to vote for him). So that is the backdrop to my skepticism that you and many others here now claim didn't vote for Trump. Especially in light of the fervent defense you and other non-Trump voters present constantly here.

But that aside, Trump's ban (and with all the back and forth on whether it was a ban, or simply "extreme vetting") Trump clarfies all that spin by saying it is a BAN. And not on but two sets of courts have also concluded its a Muslim ban. So while you would like to help Trump pass his Muslim ban by "never mentioned the word Muslim". It is a Muslim ban.
    [​IMG]

re: the Wall. Agreed Huge, yuge waste of tax payer money. And worse, goes against everything that is good about America. Of all Trump's offensive proposals, this one may be the most offensive.(and considering his health care plan, that says a lot). Disappointed you can be so "eh, not a big deal about it". Or that the worst thing you can think about it is that it wastes lots of taxpayer money with no real benefit. I reckon my love for the country as a "shiny city on a hill" that once called out to all:

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,

With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
    Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
    A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
    Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
    Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
    Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
    The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
    "Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
    With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

mdrowe00 likes this.
  8. Space Ghost

Not all of us live in Texas, just FYI.

Yes, I find its odd that its a bit difficult to find engaged people denying they voted for Trump, considering his numbers. The issue is you're labeling those of us into the energized Trump fan base as default. And its mostly because we do not blindly rage about Trump.

When I voted, I knew exactly who I was voting for. He was the worst possible candidate in the race, much worse than Hillary and Trump. I only voted for him because he was on the libertarian ticket and I would not have voted for him if I thought he had a legit chance. As others stated, it was a vote for the Libertarian party and that was only to do my little part in trying to encourage more support for 3rd parties.

I dont understand how this is offensive. I dont get offended if my neighbor puts up a fence. Again, I dont agree with it, but its not offensive. We have a problem with illegal crossings and we should deal with it. I just think the wall is not very effective and is nothing more than a symbolic approach.

9. NewRoxFan

Correct. I stand corrected. What state do you reside?

OK, then we agree that the number of "didn't vote for Trump" claims is odd. And we also agree there are varying degrees of Trump fandom. Where we disagree is that (1) people here (including myself, if you categorize me as in this category) are "blindly" raging about Trump. Trump has been a trainwreck and almost every day provides ample reasons for criticism. I haven't complained about every cabinet appointment, but while some are questionable, a few (DeVos, Price, Sessions) are offensively bad. And they and Trump should be criticized about them. His health care, tax, budget, the Wall, and Muslim bans are all offensively bad and deserve criticism. His foreign affairs gaffes deserve criticism. And the entire Russia controversy deserves criticism.

Again, I don't recall you complaining about the past 8 years stream of Obama criticism. Nor more recent streams of criticism of Clinton (Benghazi, email, poor campaign). And heck, I would add my own criticisms of Clinton's email and poor campaign.

OK, so you are saying you voted for the Libertarian candidate? Gary Johnson? Interesting.He got about 3% of the vote. Curious how many votes he got among D&D participants.

Your analogy doesn't hold much water. Was your neighbor a country built by immigrants? Does he have a Statue of Liberty that calls out for all to come to America? So agreed, I am not offended by my neighbor's fence (though it my neighbor built a 20 foot wall, or a moat with alligators, I might change that opinion).

btw, we both agree that we can improve border security (perhaps we don't entirely agree on the priority, but both agree that border security can and should be addressed) And we both agree that Trump's Wall will not be very effective and is (my addition: in Trump and his supporters view) merely symbolic (at best and at worst, again, my add). SO we both agree... and we as a country to look at better approaches.

See... a post and reply with no insults and no hurt feelings. Progress.

10. adoo

adoo Member

in addition Russia's meddling of the US presidential race, potential obstruction of justice by POTUS, Special Counsel Mueller is also Investigating

Possible ‘Money Laundering by Trump Associates’

based on the "bread crumbs" left by Trump surrogates,
    • Erick Prince meeting w Russian reps in Cypress (the starting point, off shore, of most Russian $ laundering schemes)
    • Flynn/Kushner met w the head of Russian stated-owned bank, who was under US sanction, in NYC in Dec 2016,
    the suspicion is that any cooperation with Russian officials would most likely have been done in exchange for some kind of financial payoff, and that there would have been an effort to hide the payoffs, most likely by routing them through offshore banking centers.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/spec...ossible-money-laundering-by-trump-associates/

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

My infant niece has no ties to Russians but she also would be massively incompetent for the position of POTUS. Trump's largest issue to people who don't vote for him is his intelligence and competence. The dude just doesn't belong in any massive managerial position other than handling Daddy's money.

Amiga and justtxyank like this.
  12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Can someone please explain to me the Mueller situation. Why is the white house demonizing him? He was confirmed 98-0 in the senate. The second longest tenured FBI chief and appointed by a Republican president.

The thing I'm curious about is even if he does not like Trump personally or he is trying to get even for his pal Comey. Is he going to plant evidence? Is he going to do something different than another qualified and thourgh investigator would do? Either Trump and/or his associates did something illegal or they did not.

13. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

It was fine to appoint Ken Starr(a partisan right-winger) to investigate Clinton for three years, the Newt quotes from the time opposed to his tweets today are quite funny in their inconsistency.

14. NewRoxFan

Pence lawyers up... maybe this is the Trump plan to create jobs, one lawyer at a time.

Pence hires outside counsel to deal with Russia probe inquiries
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...dae94ed3eb7_story.html?utm_term=.11b27d0fa458

No Worries likes this.
  15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Impeachment and removal from office are only the first steps; for America to be redeemed, Donald Trump must be prosecuted for treason and — if convicted in a court of law — executed.
    Donald Trump has been President of the United States for just shy of six months now. I think that most of us among the electorate knew that his presidency would be a relative disaster, but I am not sure how many among us expected the catastrophe our nation now faces.

The sad thing is that I don’t even have to run through a laundry list of his wrongdoings and cite a litany of sources. Any quick Internet search or flip of the TV to a credible news source will run down the most recent scandal before the next commercial break. In just these short few months, Donald Trump has managed to gut environmental protections; sign two executive orders attempting to implement a travel ban on Muslim-majority countries; fire the former head of the FBI specifically for investigating the Trump campaign ties to Russia; isolate the United States from much of the rest of the world; and submit a budget which would eviscerate social programs designed to help the worst off among us. And these are just the things I can think of off the top of my head, without even conducting a search.

There is very little doubt left that Trump and his team colluded with members of the Russian government to try and rig the election in his favor, even if the Russians did not outright hack the voting process itself; while we may not yet have 100% incontrovertible proof of their collusion, the administration’s attempts to hide previous contacts with the Russians, their willingness to blatantly lie about their communications, and the contents of Trump’s meetings with former FBI director Comey are all incriminating on their own. And Trump’s decision to fire Comey specifically to hamper that investigation is obstruction of justice, no matter what spin he or anyone else puts upon it.

And the interference of the Russian government to circumvent our democratic procedures for electing the President of the United States is an act of war. There is no other way to characterize it; this was an all-out attack by the government of Russia on our democratic process, the very foundation of our country. This elevates Trump’s simple obstruction of justice to high treason under the Constitution.

We can also argue that Trump’s continued insistence on a travel ban — he’s not even disguising his intent anymore, based on his recent tweets — serves the purpose of assisting ISIS, which is arguably the nation’s biggest enemy right now. Trump’s campaign rhetoric and subsequent travel ban orders against the Muslim population serve as a valuable recruitment tool for the Islamic State by giving them credibility. ISIS’ whole narrative is that Western powers seek to destroy Islam; Trump’s willingness to wage what amounts to a constitutional jihad against all of Islam makes their entire case for them:

“It can play into their propaganda, to make it clear for anyone who could be in doubt, that it’s a war on Islam and all Muslims,” Abdullah told CNN over a messaging service. The names of the now-defected foreign fighters in this story have been changed to protect their identities.
    Another former jihadi said the wedge being driven between Muslims living in the West and their governments is exactly what ISIS wants.
    “[Trump’s] helped ISIS a lot, he’s basically being a tool for them in a way,” Abu Obaida, a British former Jabhat al-Nusra fighter in Syria, told CNN via direct message. “On social media right now there’s a lot of people quoting Anwar al-Awlaki (the late spokesperson for al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula) and his last speech when he said that America will turn on the Muslims.”
    That Trump fails to recognize how much he is assisting ISIS with his rhetoric — or simply does not care — is a subject for debate, but it is a fact which he cannot dispute. By choosing to ignore this fact, he is aiding the greatest foreign adversary in the modern world and therefore committing another act of treason.

This same argument also applies to top-ranking White House and Republican aides, including — but likely not limited to — Steve Bannon, Kellyanne Conway, Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan, and Vice President Pence. While they may not be participating quite as directly as Trump himself, the fact that they support his agenda and are helping to protect him means that they are accessories and are thus also committing acts of treason. All must face justice.

Much has been made of the possibility of impeaching Trump, but this will not happen as long as Republicans maintain control of Congress. However, Trump’s impeachment and removal from office are no longer enough. The administration’s crimes against this nation fall under Article 3, Section 3 of the Constitution, which outlines the offense of treason:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.
    Trump’s firing of James Comey to impede the investigation into an act of war against our nation, and his assistance to ISIS in the form of providing them with propaganda for recruitment, both provide “Aid and Comfort” to enemies of the United States. It would be difficult to find a more grave offense among those Trump and his team have already committed against this nation and its people. But all involved must face justice.

And that’s why the impeachment and removal of Donald Trump from the Oval Office are merely the first steps in what must be a long-term policy to redeem the United States in the eyes of the world. They are certainly important steps in restoring the credibility of our government, our standing in the eyes of the world, and our very democracy. But they must not be the only steps, lest we still be left with Mike Pence as the acting president after Trump’s removal. No, to quote our new fuhrer, we must “drain the swamp.”

Draining the swamp means not only ejecting Trump from the presidency, but also bringing himself and everyone assisting in his agenda up on charges of treason. They must be convicted (there is little room to doubt their guilt). And then — upon receiving guilty verdicts — they must all be executed under the law. Anything less than capital punishment — or at least life imprisonment without parole in a maximum security detention facility — would send yet another message to the world that America has lost its moral compass. In order for America’s morality and leadership to be restored, it must rebuke Donald Trump, his entire administration, and his legislative agenda in the strongest manner possible. And nothing would do more than to convict them of the highest offense defined by our Constitution, and then to deliver the ultimate punishment. Donald Trump deserves nothing less. Mitch McConnell, Steve Bannon, and Paul Ryan should also share Donald Trump’s fate, for they have done more than practically anyone to protect him and to throw our country under the proverbial bus. In order to survive, we as a nation must deliver the ultimate punishment under the law to all involved in its current destruction.

No Worries likes this.
  16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

From the Huffington Post ^^

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

With rhetoric like this calling for the president to be executed despite no evidence of wrongdoing whatsoever it's no surprise that the Bernie bros and other left wing extremists are lashing out and attacking people.

cml750 likes this.
  18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Yep, no evidence whatsoever.

19. cml750

cml750 Member

lol, what an utter whack job of an article. Of course when you posted the source in the next post it made sense. These unhinged lefties have lost their grip on reality. So they are basically saying Trump should be executed. This is almost a call to arms for all the liberal nut jobs out there.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Notice how they now try to create this narrative of the violent evil left under the banner of Bernie (since they cant beat up on hillary nor obama, the once victimized bernie is now the devil) trying to destroy the innocent well-intentioned Trump who they did not vote for but was a better choice than hillary .

No Worries likes this.