1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Congratulations, I'm out!

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by OTMax, Dec 18, 2017.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

After years of enjoying this board, I am out. People will laugh, call me names, say I am taking things too seriously and maybe so but this forum is not what it once was. Just because I post a lot of threads, don't know why that should be a problem, and said some things as an emotional fan usually does now almost everything I say now is about what I have said in the past and apparently warrants getting cussed out, piled on and what not. It's not just me personally, I've seen plenty of posters getting cussed out and bullied on here because they are critical of the Rockets or a certain player for example. I don't remember it being this bad, but I guess with winning comes ego and anything to detract from that causes anger.

There are some posters I respect like @hakeem94 @Mathloom @BigShasta @YOLO @Ziggy @heypartner @J.R. @Houstunna @BigMaloe @RasaqBoi @00rocketgirl @napalm_black even if I have argued, discussed and or disagreed with them on something. The point is to stay respectful, which to many lately seems to be a serious problem. I know, freedom of speech and all that and I get that a forum attracts certain type of people aside from the average folk, i.e. internet thugs, nerds who do not realize there's a real person behind the fake name on a forum. Trust me, it is not cool to behave the way plenty of people on here do towards others. Even if it gets you likes or a good laugh.

If there's one thing to take away from this is to be more respectful to one another and understand your behaviour can affect someone in real life. @Clutch and other moderators, I hope you will learn from this and create some kind of system to warn or ban people. I get that it would be a full-time job to check everything, but I know even I had reported the posts, it would not have done anything. There is a guy who's been on this board a long time, forgot his name, who used to be very negative and had his photo plastered all over the board. To see how he got treated and nothing being done I just know nothing would be done now. No disrespect to Clutch and others who moderate and have the power to ban a person, but I strongly suggest you look into this. It's just no fun anymore.

Please delete my account and moderators and or Clutch, contact me if you need more information.

Bye

#1 OTMax, Dec 18, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    ipaman, hakeem94 and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I fully agree that many people go personal here and take it to the extreme, which is never a good thing and as you mentioned, there's a real person with feelings behind every screen.

That said, I remember a very offensive post you made (touching on race) and never apologized for, even attacking others and saying you don't give a F.
    A lot of posters called for a ban that time and I feel like it would've got you banned in the majority of forums, so you shouldn't be one to ask mods for stricter ban implementations (even though you're right that they are maybe too lax on this board).

Still hope you can find some emotional peace and don't worry too much about personal attacks online, if this board is toxic to you then you should indeed step back and spend your time in a more healthy way.

3. OTMax

OTMax Member

Thanks. Yeah I know the joke you are referencing. To me, it wasn’t that serious and I guess the responses ticked me off. Maybe I should have apologised. I realised that jokes cannot be made in certain settings especially when people do not know you. People who know me would understand it was harmless. I got a warning or temporary ban though and learned from it.

If people feel the need to remind me of that one, I can understand though the matter in which you do it matters. That is my point, you can have an opinion about someone, but to continuously cuss me out for anything is just unwarranted. Da Dakota, now I remember, was called names long after he said something and nothing was done.

@Yung-T I remember you now, always respected you too. Truth is, I don’t pay much attention to which guy said what like others do. That is another reason why I don’t understand how people can continuously attack others and I know they know they go too far.

hakeem94 and Yung-T like this.
  4. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Don’t go! I actually enjoyed your post! I looked forward to your post because you seemed to be the calm before the storm always bringing us back to reality and not overhyping things.

Hope all is well. I’m not entirely sure what happened.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

@OTMax

You can't leave during this season. I know you've only been posting since right before Lin screwed up (and the shot that shall remain unnamed), but after the 2015 WCF tease, living through the Dwightmare year and the DMo drama, time to reap all the rewards ... it's only going to get better this year. Don't abandon this Harden/Paul chemistry. Look at DD's posting, for instance. He's loooving it.

btw: did something in your betting game thread get deleted/edited. I don't really see the bullying, albeit, you do have someone who stalks you way too much.

[/confused]

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Maybe that's why you aren't seem to be able to survive here. You take other people's crap too seriously and don't take your own crap seriously enough.

If you pay attention, hypocrisy is rampant. It's human nature seeing the fault of others and not their own. I catch myself from time to time doing that too.

I know there will be people telling you "Good ridden. Don't let the door hit your backside." But you seem to be a genuine Rockets fan and this is the only place in the world that embraces all Rockets fans. If you can't take the heat here, you are not likely going to take the heat anywhere on the internet.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Don't leave for the sake of leaving, everyone deserves a 2nd chance, you just need to go on vacation or somewhere quiet, no Interwebz, and come back whenever you like, whenever the postseason ended. e.g.

You can't have a hug it out, or you done me bad with a racial joke and now a beer on you.

Not happenin here. Come back wiser and stronger. Own your mistakes.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

don't leave man!

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Link to said post?

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  10. OTMax

OTMax Member

Point taken, but am I supposed to just take insults and people cussing me out on a constant basis? I think there is a difference between my emotional remarks, which many fans display, and one bad joke and the personal attacks.

Easy likes this.
  11. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Hope you stay broheim. Everyone gets clowned.

We need moar threads in the GARM.

hakeem94 and swyyyguy like this.
  12. OTMax

OTMax Member

Uhm what? Are you saying a racist joke, which is mainly not why I’m being cussed out and disrespected, warrants this type of behaviour and an apology is not enough?

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

The bullying is in there as well as various other threads over the last few months.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Thread has been deleted.

swyyyguy likes this.
  15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't go Choke City

hakeem94 and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  16. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Id like to apologize to @OTMax if any of my shenanigans played a role in this.

I was always playin around when id say chut up bish or stuff like that.

Hope you find some relaxation time away from clutchfans.net for a bit

hakeem94 and swyyyguy like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nope, but this is a mini society, and there are bullies.

The Ignore list is the best invention since maybe the light bulb.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This.

My bet is that you'll be back. Maybe when the Rockets win another 11 games in a row...

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I remember Clutchfans.net said I was a Ryan Anderson fan... that hurt me to my very core.. no one likes Ryan Anderson.

@DonKnock tried to slander me quoting me in his doubters thread... smh...

The stuff I deal with here... I persevere.. for the love of the Rockets... for the culture...

Nobody going to bully me out of my fandom.

20. Newlin

Newlin Member

Message boards aren't for everyone. I can tell you that outside of D&D this is probably the most tame sports message board I have ever seen. Go spend a few minutes at Spurstalk if you really want to see the lowest of the low.

Patience, Deckard and daywalker02 like this.