1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colin Kaepernick

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by HtownTrill, Aug 6, 2017.

1. HtownTrill

HtownTrill Member

What are you thoughts on the Kaepernick situation, from the beginning protest to now?

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Clearly being left on the market because of a combination of the drama signing him would bring as well as his early offseason contract demands.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

He wanted to use his fame to support a cause and he is being blackballed by the NFL because the owners disagree with his stance.

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Wrong thread. Nothing to do with the Texans.

KevinsBacon likes this.
  5. HtownTrill

HtownTrill Member

It's cool I'll just leave it here

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think that this is completely irrelevant to the Texans so this thread should be moved or merged with existing threads in the proper forum.

As to the issue, he's a terrible player who decided to make himself a distraction and the combination of him being terrible at football AND being a distraction is why he's out of a job. NFL teams will accept one of those things but not both and that's why you see bad QB's who aren't a distraction getting signed while Kap still sits at home

Snow Villiers likes this.
  7. HtownTrill

HtownTrill Member

He's a terrible player ?

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes. I mean, sure he's better than Tebow, but he's pretty awful. That said, if not for him deciding to make himself a distraction, he'd probably be a backup somewhere.

9. HtownTrill

HtownTrill Member

I agree that him being a distraction is one reason he doesn't have a job.
    He's not awful though , he's better than at least 14 current starting Qbs, ultimately I don't think talent is a reason.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not even close. Teams have to completely re-do their offense to fit him because he doesn't have the talent to be a traditional QB.....he's basically a slightly better version of Tebow. What it comes down to is that he's not worth the trouble on the field and he's certainly not worth the trouble off the field. When you look for a backup QB, you look for someone who won't be a distraction and can come in and learn your system in case of emergency. With Kap, you have to change your system to fit him and he's a distraction.

That's why he's unemployed currently. He can probably get a paycheck in Canada though.

11. bobrek

Are you basing that on his QBR which was 17th in the league last year? If so, then you think he is better than Cam Newton, Eli Manning and Joe Flacco?

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Don't bother arguing with Bobby on this one. Kap picked a major pet peeve issue for Bobby he'll never evaluate him fairly.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It has nothing to do with that, it has to do with him being a bad QB and him being a distraction.

If you have an argument for him, by all means give it a go, but just going the poison the well route won't really get you very far.

He was a garbage QB before he became a distraction, he's still a garbage QB. Him not being good at football has nothing to do with his political outbursts.

14. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Kap is horrible man. He did have a much better second half of the season though. Some people (not you) are incessant on caping for a dude who is extremely washed and was extremely overrated when he was the field. I don't like him as a player at all (his off the field issues don't bother me one bit).

With that said, he absolutely deserves a job as a backup and I'd say he's even better than about 7-10 starters right now. NFL owners just don't want that "distraction" he brings because they don't feel he has enough upside to offset that backlash. That's a joke as well but then again the NFL is pretty backwards compared to most sports.

15. HtownTrill

HtownTrill Member

I understand what y
    i said 14 not every team ,those 14 teams either have a system Kaep could be plugged into or would be better off tailoring their system to Kaep.
    Again not about talent more about Drama and other Variables

16. HtownTrill

HtownTrill Member

Not QBR just skill set.

17. bobrek

Which 14 starters do you consider him better than?

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I get that you are saying that, it's just not accurate. If he was that good, he'd have a job. Being an idiot off the field hurts a player, but if they are really good, they'll still get a job. If they suck then they won't. Kap sucks.

So by "skill set" you mean essentially being a running back with a strong but inaccurate arm? In your mind that's a great skill set?

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

For example, have a QB like Aaron Rodgers or Cam Newton pull the off the field nonsense that Kap does and it wouldn't affect their job security at all. The Seahawks wouldn't cut Russell Wilson if he pulled the publicity stunt Kap did. Talent is what matters in the NFL, and Kap doesn't have it.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

LMAO

[​IMG]

mario_v likes this.