1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colin Kaepernick protests anthem due to treatment of minorities

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BleedRocketsRed, Aug 27, 2016.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yes he did something that I don't find offensive. Awesome. So why does Kid Rock believing it's offensive matter to anyone here?

2. mick fry

mick fry Member

Expected nothing else.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Most people on welfare don't have a keyboard big enough to hide behind. Just thought that needed to be pointed out.

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Glad to know you supported Obama and everything he did.

5. AstrosRockets1818

You would be surprised

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

This science proves it... end discussion....

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Paid for by NFL owners found guilty of blackballing. I love what Kat did to those old white farts.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I didn't see him throw a football once in that commercial.

JumpMan likes this.
  10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The more we can talk about Colin Kaepernick the better off America is.

KingCheetah likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The fight continues

Rocket River

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Dude's name is Race. I wonder what criteria his parents used to evaluate baby names.

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 2.16.25 PM.jpg

mdrowe00, Torn n Frayed and body slam like this.
  16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

17. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Schedule on a Saturday when CFB is going on and teams are getting ready for Sunday. Brilliant!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28067012/teams-invited-colin-kaepernick-workout-saturday

Sources told ESPN that Kaepernick and his reps weren't alerted until 10 a.m. Tuesday. When notified, the quarterback's reps asked for the workout to be on a Tuesday, which typically is when all NFL workouts take place, since head coaches and general managers can more easily attend. On Saturday, almost half of the NFL teams will be traveling to games, and most of the rest of the coaches and players will be heading to their team hotels to prepare for their games the next day.

But the NFL said the workout had to be on a Saturday, sources told ESPN. When the league was asked if it could be on the following Saturday -- by making it this Saturday, the 32 teams only have about three days to make a decision on whether to attend and who to send -- the NFL said no and didn't provide a reason why.

Sources told ESPN that the NFL league office also said that none of the 32 teams had been made aware of the workout prior to the memo being sent. When Kaepernick's representatives asked if a team or teams had asked for the workout, they explained that the NFL league office said, "We can't tell you that."

Because of the shroud of mystery around the workout and because none of the 32 NFL teams had been informed prior to Tuesday, Kaepernick's representatives began to question the legitimacy of the workout and process and whether it was just a PR stunt by the league, sources told ESPN. The NFL league office was told that because GMs and head coaches make personnel decisions, especially as important as the quarterback position is, that they wanted to see a list of personnel executives and coaches who would be attending the workout.

As it stands now, the ball is in the NFL's court to submit the list of personnel executives and coaches who will attend on Saturday.

Sources told Graziano that the workout will be held at the Falcons' team facility and will be administered by president of National Football Scouting Jeff Foster, whose responsibilities include deciding which prospects are selected for the combine and administering the combine.

The workout, which will be closed to the media, will be conducted by former NFL coaches, though the exact names have not been finalized.

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Im not supportive of Kaepernick's kneeling during the anthem. I dont have a problem with law enforcement's interactions with blacks. Just for the record.

That being said i rooted for him as a player because i think he is an exceptional talent.

I don't understand what he was trying to prove yesterday with moving his workout for transparency reasons. I guess if he really feels they are black balling him its understandable but he really seemed to be making something out of literally nothing.

Maybe there is an argument that the nfl setup yesterday's workout to quell some criticism from Kaepernick supporters. It seems like any team truly interested can just bring him in.