1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colin Kaepernick: Modern Day Martin Luther King Jr.?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by moestavern19, Nov 8, 2018.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I really think that one day Kaepernick will be considered as important to equal and civil rights as MLK Jr. Maybe not in terms of character, but in terms of symbolism as the face of a movement.

I mean I never cared about the troops either so I was so glad when he kneeled that day and then got that afro and made the Nike commercial. Those troops have been getting their asses kissed for far too long anyway. What do they even do? They just play Call of Duty inside of tents all day while drones kill all the terrorists and whatever else may be mingled in with the terrorists. Women, children, that sort of thing.

REEKO_HTOWN, SamFisher and DudeWah like this.
  2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

We will never see Kaepernick Blvd in every city. MLK Jr was a hero, not a sell out. I really doubt anyone would think about assassinating Kaepernick.

Those troops playing 'Call of Duty' inside those tents are risking their life so you can spout off your nonsense. You should have better respect.

King1, deadlybulb and RocketsLegend like this.
  3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Might be the most disrespectful take I've ever read. To compare a relative nobody with the great Dr. Martin Luther King is mind boggling to me. You have me dumbfounded and angry at the same time.

King1 and deadlybulb like this.
  4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I’m sure the troops don’t give a crap about you either

5. HTM

HTM Member

Are you drunk/high OP?

King1, ipaman and mick fry like this.
  6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I'm risking my life every time I go to Walmart because some terrorist incel redneck who has rejected society for refusing to acknowledge Ted Nugent as the rightful King of Africa might decide to take his AR-15 to target practice on the Latin Foods aisle.

Nook, kevC, DudeWah and 2 others like this.
  7. CCorn

CCorn Member

I don’t want to be that guy....

But what did King sacrifice? Not an NFL contract.

moestavern19 likes this.
  8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Thankfully I live in a state that recognizes mar1juana as the rightful medicinal healer that it is and doesn't let puny necks like you come in and harsh the vibe with your hate crimes and your Duck Dynasty.

So yes, I am high as a kite.

pgabriel likes this.
  9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Do you like mayonnaise?

ipaman likes this.
  10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Exactly. CK went out there and SACRIFICED an NFL career for the good of his people.

He's actually better than Jesus too. And Mormon Jesus.

pgabriel likes this.
  11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

My great hope is that one day my children will grow up and despite having to deal with the handicap of being Caucasian and cisgender, they will be able to hold hands with transgender migrant hair dressers and all kneel as one on Colin Kaepernick Day.

I think July 4th would be the most obvious candidate to replace. Celebrating America is so crass and I went to Europe once and they really don't get why we do the flag waving and ****. So my great hope as an American is to one day kneel while our national anthem is played on July 4th AKA Colin Kaepernick Social Justice Warrior Appreciate Day.

But maybe I'm just a little too optimistic.

DudeWah and mdrowe00 like this.
  12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

People hated mlk back then. I am not saying kaep is anywhere near him. But people like you would be like mlk needs to shut up back in the day.

DudeWah, mdrowe00 and moestavern19 like this.
  13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Also, I feel like Kaepernick kind of went through a little more than MLK. MLK had to face centuries of oppression, but Kaep had to face Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs. CK was battered and bruised for our sins. Mostly by the Seahawks after the line went to ****.

DudeWah, B-Bob and pgabriel like this.
  14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You really wanted to see him play last Thursday right?

/endthread

@realpgabriel

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

No idea what you're talking about.

BTW when I said Kaep was better than Jesus I was obviously meaning as a quarterback.

Jesus could turn water into wine but I don't think he could hit the Z on the deep post to beat Cover 2.

DudeWah, B-Bob and pgabriel like this.
  16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Or hit a curve ball

17. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I don't know.......I was going to post that you can't really compare the two because MLK was such a great orator for the civil rights movement. Then it dawned on me that the only times I can recall Kaep speaking is in commercials (which could be my own fault with perhaps some blame going to the media). Anyhoo, just to check myself, I googled "colin kaepernick orator" and I **** you not, the very first hit was: "The deafening silence of Colin Kaepernick." https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/04/sports/colin-kaepernick-nfl-anthem-kneeling.html

Anyway, he's got a LOT of life ahead of him to prove me wrong, but I don't think history will view him as favorably as MLK.

deadlybulb likes this.
  18. mick fry

mick fry Member

Moestavern modern day dumbass?

ipaman, deadlybulb and cml750 like this.
  19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Reported for inaccuracy.

Nook likes this.
  20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

In all seriousness he doesn't speak well

In all seriousness i would have liked to seen him maximize his potential.

Unbelievable arm like Mahomes.

As players Mahomes is Kaepernick reaching his potential