1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Coach Nick on the Westbrook trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Andre0087, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

2. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

If he said positive things: Clutchfans be like Coach Nick is the best, forget the media this guy knows basketball inside out

If he said negative things: Clutchfans be like who is this nobody? why does he have a voice? screw him.

3. threepointshot3

If you don’t like clutchfans you can go back to jerry Lin fansite

roslolian, kevtse, Smacktle and 15 others like this.
  4. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'm about to watch the video, but before even watching it, I can tell you coach Nick is a known rockets hater and a known Harden hater. So I'll be surprised if he says good things.

Richie_Rich, Jontro, Nook and 9 others like this.
  5. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

I see you following me thread to thread. Living rent free in your head

[​IMG]

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is a great video and it also shows well what CP3 bought to the team that many people may not realize. He was incredibly intelligent and could shoot the ball from anywhere on the court...

It really looks like it will come down to coaching if this works out or not. Russ has his strengths and it will be on the team to highlight that...good luck MDA...offensive genius...

7. threepointshot3

Someone tell this clown to get out of the 60’s with those glasses and hair cut

lw17, Fulgore, Lawlruschang and 2 others like this.
  8. bmd

bmd Member

Coach Nick is a Warriors lover and CP3 lover and he doesn't care for Westbrook. Before I even watch it, I have a feeling I know what he's going to say.

amaru, lw17, BigShasta and 1 other person like this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Who is this nobody? why does he have a voice? screw him.

10. rammo

rammo Member

The vid points out Russ’s inefficiency as a result of the way teams collapse on him in the paint. Which they could do with the lack of snipers on the perimeter in OKC, forcing him to often take low % shots.

Good luck trying that against Houston.

Russ will feast in the paint.

11. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Lmao dont care what the video is about. Look at where James is standing starting at 3:40

Yall really think this is ok?

HP3 likes this.
  12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I listen to his stuff a ton, and he is neither. People have a warped sense of what it means to be a “hater”.

13. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Nick couldn’t get a real job as a coach so he spends his days selectively cutting highlights to make players look bad. He hates Westbrook even more than Harden.

He was a huge fan of Ty Lawson if that tells you anything.

#13 bobloblaw, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    BigShasta likes this.
  14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

My assessment as well.

Both Harden and Russ will need to change their games in order to be successful.

Harden decrease his USG%, play less Iso and pick up the Pace.

Westbrook improve his catch n shoot 3’s and decrease his thinking that a pull up mid range shot guarded by 2 or 3
    defenders is better than a wide open player shooting a 3.

P.S. Westbrook needs to improve his FT%......if he wants to take the last shot.

15. Rocketsfan3422

I think it's going to work well. Much better than most think. Wb pressure and explosiveness will increase spacing for 3s. As long as he doesn't iso pull up we good.

Highlyrated and CCity Zero like this.
  16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I don't get why he keeps showing clips of CP3 and then putting Russ in that situation and then saying Russ couldn't make that play.

Well he might not be able to, but he'll make the play that best suits his game.

For instance, the play against the Jazz around the 5 minute mark. He shows CP3 taking a contested fadeway against Gobert and then says he can't see Russ taking that shot...

We for 1, Russ wouldn't be taking that shot in that situation. He'd have probably exploded past gobert or used his athleticism to pull up a lot faster which would have lead to a more wide open shot.

All that space and he thinks Russ is going to end up taking that same shot CP3 did? Stop it.

I haven't been a big Russ fan, but folks all of a sudden trying to act like he's a scrub is dumb. Dudes a game changer. If he could shoot better and made better decisions he'd be almost perfect. And my hope is that here his game might grow or change in some ways for the better.

If it does then we are going to be really damn good.

#16 xtruroyaltyx, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

It's a nice breakdown. One thing coach Nick didn't dig into is how Dantoni will have to adjust his philosophy to Russ. To judge Russ based on a offensive philosophy that benefits CP3 makes no sense. Russ will have to hit open threes but that's something he has proved to be decent at in past years before trying to adjust to PG13.

Also I would have pointed to fast break game that we really haven't seen here since the Aaron Brooks... Steve Francis days.

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

“What....? Multiple journalists saying g harden and cp3 don’t get along and putting their reputation on the line?! They are making it up!”

It’s an echo chamber here

BeardNation13 likes this.
  19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this appears to be Nick Hauselman's coaching experience to date:

Head Boys Basketball Coach
    Birmingham Community Charter High School
    August 2010 – January 2013 2 years 6 months
    Van Nuys, CA

Oversees the implementation of fundamentals of both offense and defense across the whole Boys Basketball Program. This includes teaching the Triangle Offense.

20. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Basis of Video. Russ can’t shoot. CP3 can. Rockets fail.

roslolian, Smacktle, amaru and 2 others like this.