1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchSads] "The way the Rockets play aren't appealing to other players"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by napalm06, Feb 14, 2019.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I don’t get what your point is, I’m an optimist. Just not a blind one, it takes a certain level of ignorance to be one at this point.

We have one of the best players in the world, and I love watching my team play. I’m just not a stick my head in the sand and pretend everything’s ok type ya feel? If you hate it so much ignore it and stop getting so triggered. We’re all rockets fans here, stop taking things so seriously!! This is not a kumbaya every one of Tillman’s move and all he poops is gold place. It’s a forum, hence the discussion aspect

Little Bit likes this.
  2. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Morris won't get the minutes here that he will on OKC. We wouldn't really want to use him much at PF, maybe a few minutes, but he'd be fighting with Faried for backup C minutes, and his only real use aside from that is when we need a real stretch 5.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

lol. Seems you get my point well enough to dislike it.

You can't tell me not to take this seriously and then make an entire post that is philosophical and uses the word "triggered".

Like you said, this is a basketball site. When you repeatedly post really annoying negative basketball takes, it's game on!

This ^^ post does not contain basketball. Want to argue about Harden, Tillman, Morey, whatever, tag me. You might find we agree on a lot of things.

There's no point in making up who talks more about basketball or having a pee pee contest. If you hate the OP it might be because you agree with Little Bit's comment (he liked your post). THAT sucks.

D-rock likes this.
  4. bmelo

bmelo Member

Standing around and watching one guy take 20 3pointers and 20freethrows is not fun. I dont care what they saying to the press no one that ever played basketball will say its fun

hakeem94, jacoby, Rox11 and 1 other person like this.
  5. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Really? I was assuming we would be playing him almost exclusively at the 4. Am I way off here?

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

So... your opinion of what players are thinking is more credible than what the players have actually said, because media? That's a tough take.

This is why we have factions. There are like-minded people you can commiserate with. The internet is magical. And sometimes (like right now) toxic and self-perpetuating.

LFE171 and D-rock like this.
  7. bmelo

bmelo Member

You dont need to be NBA player to figure this out. Yet Anderson said he wasnt fitting in new offense. EG stopped having fun. No one of importance signed here. Ariza walked and didnt even have a meeting. We had to double overpay CP in order for him to stay. I guess Capela have fun since he catches lobs.. Green too since he basically jacks every wild **** he can think of but it seems like thats about it. PJ was never a scorer so he cares less

You have to understand most desirable NBA free agents were the man coming up in schools and they still have ego and want to be important and not just another „Moreys asset” that he will dump in a second. There isnt many guys like Adams or Tucker that will go out of the way

jacoby likes this.
  8. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

I have never really gotten into the BBS drama and I have no intentions of doing so now.

The only thing that I will add to this conversation is that the community of Clutchfans members has changed quite a bit from the way that I remember it when I first came to the board in ‘02.

It seems several current members were not here to witness the Stromile Swift signing and failure, Barkley/Pippen let downs, or the injury riddled years of T-Mac and Yao.

It also appears that a large portion of the current members have short term memory issues. It seems they cannot recall that in the last 5 years only 4 teams have made it to the WCF. This includes Golden State 4/5, Houston 2/5, OKC 2/5, and San Antonio 2/5. Remember this team has never tanked or taken on a full rebuild since Moreys arrival yet they have remained competitive throughout his tenure.

It’s also strange to me that members fail to understand the simple math that accompanies these large NBA contracts and the ramifications that it has on cap flexibility. Every year they want DM the GM to sign a max player in the offseason, trade for a star at the deadline, and get the the top player in the buyout market. They fabricate horrendously lopsided trade offers as if Morey can hit the over ride button likened to their NBA2K rosters. All while NEVER allowing a FA to leave regardless of what resources are available to retain them.

I miss the “Good Ole Days” of everyone bashing DaDakota, speculating on which users were actually players accounts, and deciphering cryptic (legitimate) inside information from DocRocket.

/rant

Go Rockets!

LFE171, D-rock, napalm06 and 11 others like this.
  9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

DM the GM can't even sign house to a simple vet min contract. you are accusing this board of crying we didn't get a ferrari, when reality is we can't even get a salvaged kia. every single new player transaction since july 1st has been either a vet min contract or a salary dump. while wilt harden is destroying the league in his prime. and you think this forum should keep quiet and smile?

10. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

Assuming Danuel Jordan Bryant James III would even accept a veterans minimum contract....

Thanks for proving my point though! Enjoy your salvaged Daewoo or whatever, it’s obviously very important to you ;)

D-rock likes this.
  11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here because you obviously haven't been visiting the GARM regularly. house specifically requested for his two-way contract to be immediately converted to a vet min deal like 2 months ago.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Now THAT is how you post. Take note, kids.

RocketRed4life, D-rock, Deuce and 2 others like this.
  13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

All that aside, you are ignoring anecdotal evidence with regards to this thread. I personally am not one of the individuals that feel it is the style so much as our record and dumpster fire of a season, but it doesn't have to be [Clutchsad] or a stretch for people to believe that. Again, I don't feel that way but I respect the people that do.

14. T.MAC

T.MAC Member

I'm not happy with the way Harden is recently playing, but man his quote made me really emotional.

15. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Couldn't have said it any better

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

no, what you’re saying is correct...Morris would’ve primarily been a PF here...Idk what that other dude is talking about

17. JW86

JW86 Member

I wouldn’t want to play for the Rockets to be honest. It’s not hard to see why professionals wouldn’t.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

3rd faction

There is a season beyond this season and a season after that season.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

Uhm, what about the faction that likes t*tties?

20. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

This.