1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Rockets sacrifice their future to get Russell Westbrook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

It will be a disaster. Book it.

2. Acura

Acura Member

Hope you are wrong Tom

3. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Me too but not

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

The swaps probably don't even happen.

The picks that were traded have top 4 protection and if they don't transfer that year , the debt is squashed , they don't roll over to the next year.

So if the team is terribad …. OKC may get nothing at all.

5. bacliff

bacliff Member

Maybe and also could be maybe not. WB may have even better trade value. No one here knows for sure.

6. bacliff

bacliff Member

You don't know or even Zach does on what the future brings. I will just assume that Morey is a way better judge on what is best than we do. I personally think WB is a dumpster fire but will be the 1st to admit that I am a fan and may be wrong on my assessments. In 2 years WB may still have enough in the tank to get back at least one or 2 1st's or whatever. I do know that Paul gave us nothing worthwhile last year and wasn't going to do crap for us in the future. We should maybe let them play a few games first before we say it is a bad thing. If he is crapping the bed Morey will swing him for something nice as he always does.

The Beard I though would be a great player and he even exceeded what I expected and was worth tossing away everything we had so Morey seems to be better at this stuff then anyone posting in these forums so far. Everyone should admit that having 2 MVP's on one team is pretty good.

7. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

what else was there to do? sit with a midget pg who gets paid the same but probably couldn't get by someone like yourself. Best situation for Houston was this. If it becomes a disaster after 20-30 games, I don't think anything will happen trade wise but will be an easier person to move as opposed to Chris.

8. PrinceH

PrinceH Member

538 seem to think we will be very good

Make of that what you will

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Man, Clutchfans ended up with a super warped view of Chris Paul. He has hall of fame IQ and handles. Suffice to say he's injury prone, don't have to pile on all of the hyperbole just to try and justify Westbrook.

They both have flaws, very different flaws. We traded Tony Stark for Quicksilver.

#229 napalm06, Aug 13, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    ElPigto, HP3, YOLO and 1 other person like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Never forget that he was the one who made it happen going 3-2 against the GSW almost by himself in the Playoffs 2 years ago.

Getting hurt in the process.

YOLO likes this.
  11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Morey aint a "great talent evaluator" Hell he's probably no better than middle of the pack in terms of drafting - He pass on Kawhi for what ?

What Morey is good at is acquiring talent that's already proven - Making deals and usually coming out at least a nickel ahead on them. (that hasn't been the case lately as everything's been about dodging the tax).

Nickels and dimes added up to KMart and Lowry …. into Harden eventually.

But no , I wouldn't call him a very good talent evaluator ….

HillBoy likes this.
  12. HP3

HP3 Member

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

The Rockets sacrifice their present & future to get Tilman Fertitta.

Jontro and CK Johnson like this.
  14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Actually, Tilman Fertitta got the Rockets, not the other way around.

15. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Trust me, they'll all flip soon as Westbrook ruins a game with a boneheaded turn over. Mark it

CK Johnson likes this.
  16. Hassan Abdul-Ahmed

why do you think they won't work, tommy?

17. dchoye

dchoye Member

It could be disaster or high reward
    I can’t see two ball dominating guards being on the floor at the same.
    Maybe Westbrook plays 2nd unit and Harden plays 1st unit
    And learn how to be on floor together for the part of the season. Job is on Pringle to make this work.

18. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I'm have a ton of doubt about Russell being an upgrade, but to be optimistic, a lot of posters think the Rockets would look pretty good with Beverly, Harrell and Lou Williams after they played huge against Golden State. This the core that we gave up for CP3, but remember that in 2017, Westbrook willed his team in the playoffs against that same core. The only reason the Rockets won that series is because Westbrook had to sit 8 minutes a game. The Thunder actually outscored the Rockets for the series when Westbrook was on the floor.

bmelo likes this.
  19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

It will be a disaster...........

.......................for our opponents!

Book it!

20. bmelo

bmelo Member

Yeah i was scared everytime he had ball. Thats not a feeling for a bad bball player...