1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: As they near a superstar trio, Rockets go up for sale

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This is where I am sure a lot of us are. And most of us expect the worse and fear a new owner that won't spend and will be meddlesome.

I'll say this much, I am glad we have have Morey under contract. Even if the new owner might be tough, I think Morey is up to the task of being able to mesh with him because of his analytical approach and bringing facts to the table.

Deckard likes this.
  2. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Don't arenas pump in crowd noise at certain points?

3. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

I'm here for the Jordan Bell updates.

CometsWin, D-rock and Clutch like this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Is Jordan Bell the new Harold Miner?

Rocket River

D-rock likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

As long as he isn't the new Robert Horry.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I dun recommend us overthinking this too much..... Tad Brown will do a good job overseeing this transaction go through.

Thanks alot, guys.

J.Bell - git er done.

#26 daywalker02, Jul 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  7. Chamillionaire

Great pod as always. Been a crazy summer for sure and flipping Ryan for Melo would be the icing on the cake. Really like the pick ups of Tucker, Black, and Luc.

Here's a link to Lowe pod.

http://m.espn.com/general/cast?id=10528553&src=desktop

Lot's of Melo Rockets talk.

D-rock likes this.
  8. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

I felt there was too much credit given to the ability to throw out an all defensive lineup when needed, but fundamentally that's not what gets the Rockets to close the gap with GSW; it's the number of high IQ & expert multi-skilled players that closes that gap.

Right now, GSW has 5 different high IQ players who can play offense and team defense at very high levels (experts): Durant, Curry, Draymond, Thompson & Iguodala

The Rockets with Carmelo would still only have 2 players that qualify: Harden & Paul. Maybe Carmelo qualifies but I'm skeptical.
    We'd have high IQ, expert offensive players in Carmelo & Eric Gordon (decent on team defense), but all the other players are still only capable as experts in their one-two skills.

The uniqueness of GSW is their consolidated elite talents in those 5 players, which can push the offense at full throttle and SIMULTANEOUSLY throttle opponents on defense. The Rockets having different lineups is definitely a luxury in comparison to the rest of the league, but GSW-like effectiveness in simultaneous offense & defense won't be achieved. The Rockets should definitely get Carmelo though! Get as close to GSW talent level as possible.

Separate thoughts:
    1) Our bench is definitely one of the best around and can compete with GSW
    2) Our offense would need to improve by making faster decisions and putting even more emphasis on off-ball movement - high IQ & effort players inherently make this happen.

#28 srrm, Jul 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Wow, this is long! But I want to listen. Here I go.

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I can't waste a lot of energy worrying about the ownership change - the possibilities are so ambiguous.
    Listening to this podcast I kept thinking how proud I am of the depth Morey has acquired.
    The Chris Paul deal, the Nene deal, the Tucker deal, the Qi deal - everything David/Bima mentioned is part of the magic of Morey that the average fan may not recognize.

don grahamleone likes this.
  11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Jordan Bell. I still don't understand why Les wants to sell right now. Clearly he doesn't need the money. Just needs Jordan Bell. It makes me wonder if he's donating a bunch of the profit in order to fulfill a life goal. Or if his life goal is to obtain Jordan Bell. His shortness with the media after the Chris Paul show made it sound like he's tired of dealing with it all. Perhaps because Jordan Bell kept him up all night. Great offseason by Morey so far, but still needs to go get Carmelo from the Knicks and Jordan Bell from the Bellionaire's Ball in Oakland.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would not count Curry as high IQ two way player, would swap him with Livingston instead. And when Cavs beat GSW the season prior, it was not because of high IQ two way players. The Cavs stars got hot and the GSW stars panicked and went cold or made stupid mistakes.

GSW advantage is Durant, plain and simple. There is just too much fire power on that team. His D is important but secondary.

13. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Carmelo is star at best. Superstar TRIO is a pretty big stretch. Superstar duo I can live with.

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think it is just a 'term'.

Melo while is only a borderline Allstar starter in the Weaker East right now, has been treated like a Superstar in the media and with the NY fans for years now.

15. PhiSlammaJamma

I'm signing up for Rocketpass at an incredible $9.99 per month, ownershiip and games, but you do have to pay for food and beverage.

16. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Is it a reliable and hassle free stream? Is money back guaranteed?