1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Timberwolves @ Rockets 4/25/2018 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

If were up by like 20 in the 4th and rolling I half expect the Toyota center to start chanting WOLVES IN 6!! WOLVES IN 6!!

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Another boring win

I'll be in section 108

hmu

3. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

More like wolves in 9

valorita likes this.
  4. Roxs-Redemption

Harden ready to fire for game 5

5. amaru

amaru Member

Hopefully they wrap this thing up in 5

Tfor3 and Stormy1234 like this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

Watching this GS Vs. Spurs game, it feels like the Jazz are a just a better version of these Spurs, mainly because they have more offensive talent. I think if we can contain Mitchell, then offensively these guys just cant hang with us(lol easy observation I know). But maybe I shouldn't be lookin to far ahead, especially in this thread lol.

Tfor3, Stormy1234 and RasaqBoi like this.
  7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

[​IMG]

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

We're also 10+ games better than last season

Cp3 lmm pj gg/jj >>>>>>>>>> pbev slou harrell dekker

Harden with cp3 is a ton better than last year

Capela prolly MIP

snowconeman22, hakeem94 and Tfor3 like this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

Hey I agree. I think we will take them. I was just discussing the optimal strategy. But its prolly more complicated than "contain Mitchel" lol or...well maybe it isnt, I really dont think too highly of their offense.

10. Game7

Game7 Member

I'll be there. The Rockets are 2-0 in the playoffs when i attend the game this season. Let's keep it going!

#50 Game7, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  11. vlaurelio

Im not saying its gonna be a cakewalk

But we all know rockets been playing all these games half asleep. That miraculous loss was the best thing that could happen to them. Right now they're on snooze. Hope they fully wake up to close this and begin the next round

joeson332, hakeem94 and Tfor3 like this.
  12. HP3

HP3 Member

I was talking about Utah lol. Their offense is trash I think.

13. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Their offense shouldn't be too much of an issue, we are far more disciplined than OKC on the defensive end.

Getting past their defense is simple, just deploy 5-out linueps with Anderson at C to get Gobert away from the rim.

Just gotta hit our shots.

14. vlaurelio

I know but theyre definitely better than minny.

My point was we can win playing half asleep vs minny. But we dont have that luxury vs utah

15. HP3

HP3 Member

I agree. But I feel like their no where near as offensively talented as Minny. So I think if our defense stays consistent like it has been except for one game. We'll be good. We can take them in 5 I think.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

"At least we won 1 game, AMIRITE?"
    [​IMG]

17. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Ok, but they defend and hit the 3 ball. They have a dynamic ROY, good HCA, and are playing great right now. Rubio is a much bigger guard, might give Paul trouble. I put Ariza on Ingles all night and play more Ryno than Nene to draw out Gobert as previously mentioned. When Ingles sits, Green comes in.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

Going by regular season, I'm not really too worried about Donovan, I think we can key in on him and thats gonna really hamper the jazz offense. But your right, Quin Synder I agree is a pretty good coach. I pretty much agree with everything else you said except for Rubio. He's not gonna give Paul any trouble, well I mean he cant give any more than Teague has already given Paul. I think it takes a smart defender to take care of Rubio, and Paul is definitely that. Im not worried about Rubio at all.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

@basketballholic can you please let this new member of clutchfans here in on the fact that Rubio will make Harden look like a fool. I read your previous post, I believe in the Jazz/Thunder thread. Anyways, please inform him.

HP3 likes this.
  20. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

By HCA I meant the Utah home crowd, but yes, Quin has done a great job this year. Harden will also be needed to body up Rubio. Exum is also much younger and faster than Paul, hope he's ready after dealing with Teague. I'm not a Rubio fan, but with this team, he works. I wouldn't just disregard him as not being a threat. His shooting shouldn't continue to be this accurate, but his playmaking will cause problems if we struggle defensively a game or 2. Not to mention Tucker on Favors, he really needs to be hitting that corner 3 to make Favors obsolete next series.