1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 10/17/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

last night was amazing

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Also, the Golden State Warriors have the worst defense in the NBA.

Tfor3 likes this.
  3. AlaisterCuaresma

What's up guys! I love this clutchfans community, everyone is so bless!

I created a series called Good, Bad & MVP for the Rockets vs Warriors game.
    Let me know what you guys think?
    Am I onto something? or NAH?

bongman, amaru, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  4. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

NAH

SIL

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

AND they are WINLESS!!

don grahamleone likes this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its awesome!

D-rock likes this.
  7. Sajan

Sajan Member

[​IMG]

lol at the two times the rockets led..

8. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

1986 Western Conference finals game 5 had very similar results thanks to Ralph Sampson. Rockets 114--Lakers 112

9. The Greyhound 33

Long live this thread. In X years, I want my grandchildren to view this historic thread and maybe some Corey Brewer highlights

BigShasta likes this.
  10. No Chill Rocket

[​IMG]

BigShasta and The Greyhound 33 like this.
  11. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Clippers beating lakers>okc beating ny>Houston beating gsw

-Charles ****ley

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=21092403

Windhorst: In that 4th quarter, which Chris Paul really didn't play in, I'm watching the Rockets with Ariza, LMAM, Tucker, Capela & Harden - I'm like "Wow!" Granted, Draymond locked up his knee & was out, I was like "Wow! That's something." I became super interested in the Rockets after that.

MacMullan: I'm as interested as you are. Everyone was talking so much about them playing together. Then I sat down with D'Antoni & he broke it down. According to him, they'll play together a total of 18 minutes. "I'll have one HOF PG on the floor at all times." What if they get in the foul trouble? "They don't but even if they do, I'll play them anyways." I think the big question for me is Chris has looked uncomfortable off the ball, which isn't shocking. The numbers tell us at this point of their careers, you want the ball in Harden's hand when the two are out there. I think that'll change as the year goes on. They both have something very big to prove. If you can limit Harden's minutes, around 34 which D'Antoni hopes to do, his usage rate is unbelievable. He was historic last year. Defensively, if you can get his usage rate down, his defense numbers go up. They're parallel. I like their chances. People talk about them winning 60 games, I think they can really do that. You still have to find a way in the final 3 minutes to execute together. When the game gets to half court in the playoffs, that's when Chris Paul becomes most valuable. You have 2 playmakers. If you double one, the other is open & all these shooters. Defensively, even though they lost Beverley, you added Tucker & Mbah a Moute.

MacMahon: He's learning to do something he's never done in his career. Right now, he looks like he doesn't know what he's doing out there on the wing. It'll be awhile. He gets...pissy might be strong but annoyed that "CP3 needs the ball in his hands, ball dominant, etc." That pisses him off. He'll sit there & tell you, "Look at the teams I've played on. I don't have to be ball dominant. My teams needed me to be ball dominant." He is determined to prove that he can be an effective off-ball player. We're talking about an old dog learning new tricks for sure but they'll be not just an elite offense, historically elite. To your point, can they be a top 10 defense? They need to be top 10 defense to be a legitimate contender. The Tucker & Mbah a Moute moves are geared towards that. They need Capela to take the leap he took last year. Daryl said for us to give the Warriors a real challenge in a 7-game series, Capela has to take another leap. He's the one guy who is young, on the rise & star potential as a role player. He has the Tyson Chandler with Mavs kind of star potential.

Windhorst: Paul helped really seal Tucker & Mbah a Moute. Tucker had a better offer.

MacMahon: I thought Toronto?

MacMullan: Was it Philly who threw a pile of money at Tucker?

MacMahon: I swore it was Toronto.

MacMullan: Paul called Tucker on a golf course. He said "Come on, you gotta come with me." At that point, the Clippers weren't that interested in Luc. Then they came back & said the vet minimum.

MacMahon: Toronto offered 3 years, $33M. He took 4 years, $32M from the Rockets.

Windhorst: He's from North Carolina. They knew each other as kids. He helped execute that deal. As you mentioned Jackie, he was the main, lead recruiter. Those are important signings.

MacMullan: He told me they thought they had Redick. He's at dinner with Les Alexander & couple other guys & he's calling Redick. Redick is like "Yeah, wow, maybe, that sounds fun." They were back & forth on years and that's where it broke down. As Harden said, Philly threw him a bag of $23M.

Windhorst: Don't you think Tucker makes more sense?

MacMullan: Harden said to me as much as he was excited about Redick, he wasn't totally on board because "Hey, let's not forget about Eric Gordon."

MacMahon: Eric Gordon looks good. He baptized Jordan Bell.

MacMullan: Gordon is easy to forget and shouldn't because he's important to what they do. Harden's point was if we brought in Redick, that will take away shots & minutes from Gordon. "We fortified our defense", that made more sense to Harden and I think he's right

Windhorst: I watched the Thunder. Knicks are terrible. I can't tell much about the Thunder but looks like they're having fun. The Thunder outfitted Melo with a hoodie warmup & they look like they had fun playing together. I don't know what that's worth but it's worth something.

MacMahon: Russ made a point to be a facilitator first. I don't know if that'll be a trend. He's making an effort to get those guys comfortable.

MacMullan: Whole key with Melo is does he understand where he is in his career? I think he might. You're not Melo with a capital M anymore. You'll be a stretch 4 on a team that will need you on some nights & not need you other nights. We as journalists bash him a little too much. In the right situation & role, he's such a great pickup. Can he handle what his role will be? It will be vastly reduced from what he's used to.

MacMahon: Is he cool with Team USA Melo?

Windhorst: Last year, I don't remember Russ smiling too much. He was angry all year. Last night, a lot of smiles from Russ & Melo was smiling.

MacMullan: If you're Westbrook, go back to the playoffs, he was in the same position as Harden. End of the game, there was no one else. He had to do it all. He doesn't have to now. I'd be smiling now too. I got Paul George now. Forget Melo. I got Paul George.

Windhorst: George hit six threes last night. If he's gonna shoot like that, that's exactly what they need. ... On the Knicks, Ron Baker was the Knicks best PG last night. Kinda scary.

arubato likes this.
  13. bongman

bongman Member

Thanks JR. It's interesting that there is a point of view that Paul made a mistake.

He brought with him, a posse of great 3 and D players to a team that can win it all with improved defence and bench play.

14. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Deserves its own thread!

15. RCPM

RCPM Member

I'm just checking in to see who made an ass out of themselves... It was a plentiful Harvest.

16. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Lol..I was the one saying it wasn't over when the Dubs were up 10+. Warriors still better than the Rockets. I know it, YOU know it.

17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

**** the Warriors. And **** the Dodgers.

18. s3ts

s3ts Member

Not if dumbass Dray gets himself out the damn game they ain't.