1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 10/17/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 17, 2017.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I hope you slept well while I jumped up and down in front of my tv. This post sounds even softer than your first. The Warriors have NEVER EVER beaten us with Chris Paul, PJ Tucker or Luc Mbah a Moute.

I still like your avatar, but the words to the right of it have been coming soft lately. Rockets > Warriors.

Down 17 on the road multiple times. Still won. Houston Rockets basketball baby!!!

D-rock, hakeem94, dragonwill and 7 others like this.
  2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

You either running with us or running from us!!! @SirIvyLeague lets ****ing goooooo!!!

SirIvyLeague likes this.
  3. amaru

amaru Member

Sorry to disappoint but I know basketball talent when I see it. Players 1-12 we lose overall. Last night was a good win , GSW was missing 2/5ths if their death line up but a win in a win. Had this win happened when they were full up and serious ( I sensed them letting off the gas a bit) I might retract this statement.

I will say that we are closer to beating them than we were last season. I still don’t see it in a 7 game series (barring injury). I think we are still one big piece away. Not sure where we can go to get that piece.

4. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Amazing win. So hyped. But we need to play with more than 8 guys. Need to play with 9-10. Can't play with the injury Gods right now. Got to be careful. Damnit, Dantoni.

Pen15clubber and amaru like this.
  5. amaru

amaru Member

I agree but Mike has been known for his tight rotations since his Phoenix days.

6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

What are you talking about? EGo and Ariza were lights out in the first half of last year. The dude brought it defensively and at the 3 line. He got worn down later into the season but he was our rock for a while.

7. don grahamleone

You went to bed. What do you know about the game? I prefer to listen to experts that didn't give up on my beloved Rockets. Especially ones that didn't concede the season 38 minutes into the season. WTF...

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. amaru

amaru Member

I saw 80% and caught the highlights.

To be fair....most knowledgeable basketball fans conceded this season back in July ( barring injuries of course)

9. Rox11

Rox11 Member

It is mind boggling how dysfunctional they look without the screaming nut kicking moron

10. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Also unsure if it was discussed but the fouls they called on Tucker, the snake pushed him down which then tripped the snake. The entire game could of been lost just on that play if he got the shot off in time..

Pen15clubber and jch1911 like this.
  11. jch1911

jch1911 Member

[​IMG]

12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

He isn't going to :mad::mad:

13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Harden (the leader) said it best.

We got some dogs on this team

14. don grahamleone

Oh, okay. Warriors still haven't won a game all year. Rockets have though and I think we may stack another win on top of that one tonight. We'll be 2 games in front of that northern california team soon enough.

We currently have home court advantage throughout the playoffs. Warriors were already sent packing if playoffs started right now.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. SuraGotMadHops

This rally really helped take the sting out of the Astros meltdown.....oh who am I kidding, no it didn't.

16. amaru

amaru Member

But they won’t start now lol

17. don grahamleone

You sound like a Warriors fan defending them like this. Why are you here? Don't you like the Rockets?

18. amaru

amaru Member

I’m here because I’m a rockets fan. Wouldn’t have sat through the mediocrity treadmill if I wasn’t.

Not defending the warriors just stating the facts. The playoffs do not start today. The warriors will be there and they are the overwhelming favorite at this point.

I don’t see the need to discard logic in order to be a fan of this team. We are good and I think we will be the 2nd best team in the NBA. But I think we need one more big piece to beat GSW in April/May

19. don grahamleone

We're the best in the West!

20. amaru

amaru Member

Lol enjoy