1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 1/15/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 14, 2018.

1. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I can't speak for anyone else. But for me it isn't the ONE game. It is losing twice to the clippers, once to the lakers. Puking up a damn 26 point lead to the Celtics. All of the cumulatively makes you ask. Can we really challenge the Warriors?

2. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

They called a foul on gordon for pushing him out of bounds so the ball spike wasn’t even needed. If you ever been in that position and that close it’s pretty much impossible to catch the ball off a spike and you’d want to protect yourself

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Add another wack loss to the list. Rockets always struggle against good 3PT defending teams.

Wolves and Warriors are next, so, 3-game losing streak incoming.

Sajan and CK Johnson like this.
  4. OTMax

OTMax Member

If they had a problem with what Blake did, they should have handled it right there! Gordon and Tucker just stood there like a bunch of pansies.

fryjol7 likes this.
  5. rockpileindisma

Cmon dude you can't be questioning these guys toughness lmao. You made a thread about clutchfans internet bullies in the feedback section lol @SirIvyLeague

#1065 rockpileindisma, Jan 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

There is a lot to unpack from this game and what happened after.

But I will say this with regards to the play on the court. The defense IN THE PAINT has got to get much better. It is games like this that get @basketballholic hollering about defense in the paint. Clint got pushed around. And surprisingly Tucker's muscle wasn't much help either. The Capela/Anderson duo just getting owned. Clippers didn't even have DJ in this one.

Rockets shooting will come and go. But the defensive intensity and protecting the paint have to be consistent for this team to become elite.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

With CP3 now in Houston, feels like the days of Ariza being thrown in trades are over. At least for now.

And it is games like last night, with Capela being SO SOFT in the paint that one is tempted to want to trade him for #FreeMason, tbh.

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Honestly, this is my main takeaway feeling from this game. Hard to wash this off. I hope the Rockets players aren't suspended and they can beat the Wolves on Thursday to get this stink off.

Clutch and mikol13 like this.
  9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

#FreeMason?

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

DeAndre

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I bumped the thread about DJ eyeing rockets.

12. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Perimeter defense has slipped.

Not sure I buy this about CP3 being a GREAT defender. He picks his spots too. Much more aware on the defense, than say, Harden, but he still saves energy.

I don´t think we have one huge problem, we went back on some winner things we were doing. Inside defense has slipped, 3pt shooting has slipped, we got the injury bug.

Agree with other posters, really worrysome was our softiness, and paint scoring.

13. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

This is pretty much the way I saw it last night. There is some seriously bad blood between CP3 and the Clipps but we knew that going in. Blake Griffin was a jackass all night but he was also balling hard. Even so, his ass should sit for at least 2 games for what he did with MDA but I wouldn't be surprised if Ariza got time off as well. They had to be embarassed at how the Clipps physically took it to them - I myself was astonished at how Doc used their size and strength to attack the paint. I honestly didn't know they (Clipps) could play that well. The Rox got beat bad whch was bad enough and then for them to try to go into the Clipps locker spoiling for a fight well that only served to make them look even worse. Comically worse. I have to admit that I LOL when I saw the tweets about this because it made them look just as stupid as the Steelers did this weekend when thay got whupped because they took the Jags lightly. The highlight of the night was when Ariza ripped off Blake's leg wrapping - that summed up the Rox defensive effort in the game. On another note, I find it funny at how Beverly's antics were universally praised when he was here but now he's at the Clipps he's a barking jackass.

bro2044 and hakeem94 like this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

16. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

No we cannot and it's because we have up those games, but because it's allowed by our coaching staff. If I was LeBron, why would I cone to Houston after watching that game? Absolutely awful! We are more talented than the Spurs, but less respected by so much specially because of games like this.

17. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Then roll over and die. Chicken little cowards have ruined this board.

CK Johnson likes this.
  18. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I am not the one out there on the court that doesn't give a sh*t. I have been a fan since the ping pong balls landed us the twin towers. Defense is about effort and will neither of which is seen during these past few games.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Shots fired @ Blake's manhood.