1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 1/15/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 14, 2018.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2. JazzLakerHater

Lol!!
    Dude your best player is Blake Freaking Griffin. You will NEVER build a tough team around that cupcake.

bilaal14, mikol13 and Pen15clubber like this.
  3. farhen

farhen Member

if only jimmy was there on the floor wooping them to the ground

Stormy1234 likes this.
  4. OTMax

OTMax Member

After all the emotion this is what I take from this:

- we need to be having arguments within the locker room about defense, it's a real problem.

- even with the way Lou has been playing, you have got to know he goes left on his shots. Seeing our guys get faked out was tough to watch.

- we showed little toughness and got schooled inside by Blake and even Montrez freaking Harrell (why did MDA not get this out of him?). Also Lou got to the basket at will and even a dunk, helpside defense and perimeter D was atrocious.

- Capela was owned in particular by Wesley Johnson on offense, just too soft.

- none of our guys shot particularly well, so that's always tough to win, but again it has to start with defense.

- I was surprised CP3 did not come 100% ready to play today. We could've used the 23 shots and all out aggressive CP3 tonight.

- Green needs to attack more, but I'm wondering if he's instructed to just shoot.

- Black is not giving us much, neither is Tucker, Anderson and Mbah gets a pass of course so that basically left it all up to Ariza from the forwards and bigs with Capela not up to par.

- we could've really used Nene in this game.

- Clippers took this game more serious, fought for it and deserved to win

- but the referees definitely had an agenda here.

#1044 OTMax, Jan 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    PeterKingX, Deuce, fattz and 6 others like this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he was here last year and gave us almost nothing we were close to 50% w team counting from his arrival

6. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Sigh, jfc last night sounded like a mess. I couldn't watch, but we let them shoot 56% and Lou Williams went off AGAIN? Past his first week that man could find no consistency with his shot, but now with LAC he's going bonkers.

All that additional sht sucks, but I'm not sure what the game was like when it was happening. Griffin is an ahole and that's truth no matter what occurred.

7. j@amc

j@amc Member

Totally agree--our attention to detail on defense hasn't been what it needs to be. Players have to take the scouting report seriously and work together on that end of the floor. We have definitely hit the wall at this point. Here's to hoping that we can make the transition to a top 5 defense (rather than a top 15 where we currently are).

Looks to me like Harrell (and Decker) got a huge boost being in LA. Harrell has always been an energy guy, but his work in the weight room (or whatever happened to make that big of a transformation) is going to add years to his career. He's now officially a slightly undersized yet capable above the rim player. . .

Any true NBA forward that has Harrell's size, strength, and vertical minimums (6' 7" 240) simply kills us in the paint. We don't have a single player (including Tucker) that we can turn to on our roster to match up. I know we can fix this in the off season, but it's hard to be patient.

You can't beat playoff teams with an incomplete roster. I'm a bit concerned that we might not make it out of our first seven-game series with these kinds of holes.

8. hakeemthagreat

I think the Rockets are a little soft at the PF/C position. We got exposed last nite. Capela decided he wasn't gonna defend & PJ isn't big enough to play Griffin

Stormy1234 and saleem like this.
  9. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

why do i get the feeling this is gonna turn the season around for us. we'll start playing with an edge the rest of the way.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. heads.up

heads.up Member

We'll find out soon enough, Wolves & Warriors coming up and both teams are hot right now.

ramotadab likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lmao why were PF Griffin and PG Paul guarding one another?

12. HiddenFlawe

HiddenFlawe Member

i went to sleep and i missed all the fun :(

Houstunna likes this.
  13. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

I'm not so angry about the loss, I am more angry about that 1 play where Erics basket wasn't called a goal tend
    If you look at the replay and pause it where the ball hits the board, The ref was in perfect position to see it. Hell even from my camera view on league pass I could tell it was a goal tend.

If that basket was ruled a goal tend it would of been a 2 possession game with 3:44 on the clock we also had a little momentum cause we scored the last couple of baskets. We probably still would of lost but maybe the players might of had more belief they could still win. But in the end the non goal tend call and blakes and 1 plus shenanigans took the wind out of our sail.

1 non call by the refs ruined a game that could of ended up being a very close game.

That goal tend non call can be avoided too.

The goal tend rule, when the ball is blocked when it appears to be on the way down has many grey areas and is often called wrong. BUT the goal tend rule when the ball hits the backboard before the opposing team blocks is a very CLEAR rule. Because this is a very clear rule, it should be able to be reviewed, similar to checking if the foot is on the line when shooting a three. It should also be reviewed straight after the incident happens, to prevent things like what happened today.

bro2044 and fiersdownbelow like this.
  14. OTMax

OTMax Member

Apparently someone from our team said they went to the Clippers locker room because they were attacking one Rockets player and when asked if it was CP3, he said yes...but it was Ariza who went after them and was jawing with Ariza & Blake so not sure what went on there.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. OTMax

OTMax Member

Yeah it’s odd in the NBA they are allowed to just stand there, walk around and talk all that crap.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  17. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Glad I missed that game. I probably would have broken my TV.

bro2044 likes this.
  18. Remlap

Remlap Member

I didn't have a big problem with Griffindor spiking the ball off of Gordon.
    He was going out of bounds. You are taught to throw the ball off of a nearby defender instead.

What I objected to was Gordon just turning around and letting him do it instead of trying
    to make a play out of it and keep the ball in bounds somehow. Gordon saw it coming and just turned his back.
    But it also looked as if Gordon's feet were inbounds and the ball bounced off and back to Griffin (out of bounds)
    I STILL don't understand how BG got FT's out of that play.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

About 1 ~ 4 of these happen per game against the Rockets

Rocket River

20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Sigh, so embarrassing to get punked by the Clippers for the 2nd straight game. Rockets need to get their **** together on defense or this team is going nowhere. Unbelievable how bad they've been on that end and how soft they played tonight smh.

Stormy1234 likes this.