1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pistons @ Rockets 12/14/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

The D'antoni era is coming to an end here really soon and.....
    I personally can't wait.....

Gakatron, sungjina, J Sizzle and 2 others like this.
  2. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Cheers to another rebuild....
    The Harden era was pretty fun just like the Mcgrady and Yao era...
    Almost but no cigar...
    I'm a life long Rockets fan...On to the next era

3. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

I find it extremely funny that some fan thinks that this team can achieve something important this season.
    A team without a game plan or discipline, without a defined style and with a losing culture.
    Yes, some will continue to celebrate Harden scoring 54 points against the Magic, or 900 points against the Knicks, but important games and championships are getting farther and farther.

GotGame15 and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  4. WestendMassive

But if you fire Mike now that means interim head coach Elston Turner or Brett Gunning.

A real HC is not going to take a job without the benefit of having a preseason to install his gameplan. Fire Mike now and it's season over

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Morey better get to calling for another star who can bring some defense. Tillman needs to dig into his Golden Nugget pocket.

We lost because Russ and Hartenstein didn't play. I have a strong feeling if Hartenstein had played Clark's 14 minutes he would have gotten more than 0 points and 1 rebound. House and Tucker with a combined 12 points with 75 minutes combined is simply not enough to deserve those kind of minutes. If they aren't gonna shoot then put in Hartenstein and Clemons. Better yet, get us a veteran wing who can hoop and play defense.

MDA's lack of adjustments is like setting a rotation in stone, letting it sink deep into the ocean, and hoping it miraculously floats back to the surface. We will not win any title with that stupid mentality and without an addition forward to bring some serious defense. EGO won't make the difference. MDA's tired legs excuse got old 3 years ago. I'm sick of it!!!

#565 deb4rockets, Dec 14, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  6. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Good grief. This team is as inspiring as a turd circling a clogged toilet.

2 years ago we were a hamstring away from a title and won the World Series. Now we have a garbage basketball product. A star that jettisons every other star that comes here (wonder when Russ gets the boot) and a baseball team that is about to get the commissioners boot shoved so far up theirs a** for cheating that they will taste Nike as that boot pops out of their mouth. And the Texans. Wonder which 5 compartments will flood this year sending them sinking.
    Yep. Houston sports at it’s finest. I wonder what excitement is happening over on C-SPAN.

7. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Pretty sure this season is already a walking corpse. Maybe we win the first round. Then the lakers or clippers or Mavericks will resize the Rockets rectums and the offseason will begin with all of us hitting F5 hoping for a savior.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  8. juanm34

juanm34 Member

The sky is falling!!!

D-rock, Tfor3, fckbandwagons and 2 others like this.
  9. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Overrated coach bailed out by Harden.

I honestly don't think another coach coming would do much worse than MDA. At least we might see some decent changes during the game and timeouts being used at the correct time.

deb4rockets and snowconeman22 like this.
  10. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Is the sky falling? Hell NO BUT....
    Even a blind man can see that the Rockets are only 1st or 2nd round pretenders...Not contenders...

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Rockets continue to lose to bad teams and continue to not care about how it effects their seeding.

Didn’t learn from last year.

deb4rockets and rockets11206 like this.
  12. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Exactly.
    The same mistakes and the same results.
    I can't understand how MDA has managed this team for 3 full seasons and the level of play is worse in every game, with incredible mistakes. No discipline, no heart, no pride.

deb4rockets and J Sizzle like this.
  13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I live in Detroit and was watching the game around pistons fans...let me just saying this—-the pistons are a really really really bad team. They’re games are atrocious, empty and so bad the shitty 8$ bud light out back with random small talk is better than the game going on at the Little Caesars arena. That being said, idk how the **** the rockets lost

BigShasta and deb4rockets like this.
  14. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Relax.....we are nowhere near full strength.
    Yeah MDAs rotation suck but this is looking like his final year to put it altogether.
    Just go along for the ride and hope this Westbrick move pays dividends.
    I

D-rock, HP3 and fckbandwagons like this.
  15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

MDA I don't see him doing bad enough not to be offered another year. The roster is good when healthy but still missing a couple of pieces. If MDA isn't here next year it's because he doesn't want to be here.

D-rock likes this.
  16. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

As explosive as this offense can be at times, when players are having "off" nights, the limitations of some players really becomes obvious. Too many guys on the court are catch and shoot types with really weak off the dribble skills and no creativity near the rim. When these guys are relied upon and arent getting open looks from deep, they honestly look straight up *bad*.

I have said for a while I think our biggest weakness is at 4. PJ is all heart, amazing at D, and offensively has mastered the corner three. But he is undersized and way too limited offensively. A player like Morris on the other team fits our offense way better than Tucker, and we need to get a four in that mold (ideally 6'8'' - 6'11'').

GotGame15 and jboslett like this.
  17. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Why, in the blue hell, would you move to Detroit?

18. kkthksbai

kkthksbai Member

Healthy or not our D has been absolutely tragic. We need to fix that asap. Not just from effort...dudes straight up look lost in whatever system this is and the body language from our players after blown assignments isn't exactly inspiring confidence.

D-rock and saleem like this.
  19. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Somebody needs to not let their girl goto the game again.. stupid girl yellin d-up the whole game .. doesnt know **** about the game.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly
    Who are the these newbs who suddenly pop up when we lose a game ?
    @Os Trigonum