1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pistons @ Rockets 12/14/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 14, 2019.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

MDA is not without blame. All I'm saying it makes this sh-t so much tougher when Harden who has the ball all the time continues to run his head through a wall for refs that are not f-cking with him.

The bench got back in the game after the bad start; got the game to 2 points before Harden checked back in the game in the first half

The bench again got the game close in the 4th quarter. the bench did fine without Harden.

2. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

We weren't coming back. Harden was doing fine with his shooting and whatnot, but the help just wasn't there for the most part tonight.

Harden just doesn't have the consistent help like the other teams do.

D-rock and snowconeman22 like this.
  3. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Always letting some punk ass white boy no one's ever heard of light it up on the home floor. Embarrassing.

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Their plus minus was positive ... and that was before they came in during the 4th.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The whole team for the whole game - 8 threes

Clemons in 16 minutes - 5 threes

Clemons should have played more, he also had 4 defensive boards, 2 steals and a block.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The adjustment would be Harden taking some mid-range shots and running off ball with curls and screens for some catch and shoot opportunities

7. amaru

amaru Member

We don't have a system. It's basically James Harden go out and save us every night. Ridiculous how lazy Harden's talents have made MDA. I'm not convinced that our role players are really that bad, but let's be real here......MDA doesn't really develop young players and his bench rotations are notoriously tight. I've never forget when he played SIX players in a road WCF game.

MrSabotage, jboslett and fchowd0311 like this.
  8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think HARDEN had 7 assists in the first half
    And none in the second?

Rocket River

D-rock likes this.
  9. JackLordsHair66

Some of your points are legit but Harden didnt play much D at all tonight, when he does you can see how it affects the team, he was slow and lethargic bringing the ball up not a great performance by him tonight

10. amaru

amaru Member

It's on the coaching staff to feel the pulse of the game and make adjustments as necessary. Unfortunately, in-game adjustments might be the weakest component of our head coach's skillset.

yixiixiy likes this.
  11. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Yes because Harden does not try hard enough on defense. 2 players from Pistons that Harden was guarding scored 22 & 20 tonight. When your superstar himself just thrown in the towel, why the rest should even care. This is where leadership lacks. Should have just benched Harden and let Clemons play instead if “giving up” was the plan.

12. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Twin looked pretty good out there.

We need EGo back.

Tyson, too...

But we're alright.

James looked EXHAUSTED and was still remarkable.

13. HP3

HP3 Member

Plus minus for one game, tells us nothing. Clemmons gave up so much on D, and Clarke was getting out rebounded. This bench has been weak all year man. Dont tell me if they play more, we win this.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I’m tired from watching that. Where was that energy off the bench earlier? I could use some. This should have been a W.

amaru likes this.
  15. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Harden is the reason why MDA still has a job. Bails him out every single season.

We cannot expect Harden to keep dropping 50 plus every night. He still dropped 39 tonight and we lost. That should have been good enough. But the support of the other players isn't good enough most of the time.

We need Gordon back so badly. Yeah, I know he wasn't shooting well before he got injured, but I fully expect him to shoot better when he's back. He's by far out best 3pt shooter.

amaru likes this.
  16. amaru

amaru Member

I thought Harden did a decent job defensively for the most part. His legs looked dead from all the dragging. I'd like to see the coaching staff draw up some plays to get easy buckets but that would imply that we have an offensive system to fall back on. But MDA is lazy and just relies on Harden to carry him all year long. Defensively, I'm not really sure what we are trying to accomplish.

Magicsaint likes this.
  17. amaru

amaru Member

It's sad to say it but there appears to be a reason why nobody was looking to hire MDA as a head coach before Alexander overrode Morey to make the hire.

18. JackLordsHair66

Don't necessarily agree about benching Harden but he didn't give a **** tonight you could see and feel it. So yeah agree with your basic premise here, He was lazy, slow, lethargic and allowing that physical contact from Brown to throw him off expecting the refs to bail him out which it's apparent they won't do now. It's not the end of the world losing w/o Russ but man this bench has some serious deficiencies like SERIOUS ! Doesn't help that House has literally fallen back to G league level of play (maybe worse) ... Just imagine if Blake and Drummond had played we would have lost by 30

Magicsaint likes this.
  19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Dude .... you said " we were getting killed when they were in"

How is that possible if they had a positive plus minus ?

Its not. A good plus minus doesn't automatically mean you are playing great, but we were NOT getting killed when they were on the floor and that is a fact.

HP3 likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Love you brotha, but that's crazy talk. Harden not to blame for loss.

Clemons and Clark needed more mins, Tucker and Harden were running on fumes tomight.

amaru likes this.